Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:09:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  John 5 maybe the new guitarist in GNR???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: John 5 maybe the new guitarist in GNR???  (Read 8228 times)
DemocracyRose
« on: January 27, 2005, 06:02:53 AM »

From Sp1at.com... Bigboss.

After interviewing John 5, we suggested him as a possible new guitarist candidate for gnr to Sanctuary, and they have confirmed today that this suggestion was forwarded to Axl

Since the New Year, John 5 has not contacted us at all regarding gnr, so hopefully this may mean he may be in the running for the new guitarist vacancy with gnr

I really hope so because he is a good, genuine person, and I think he'd be perfect for gnr
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 06:14:30 AM »

thanks 4 that, have any info,media, bio and pics from that guitarplayer?
or links...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 06:17:53 AM »

Go to http://www.john-5.com
SADIS
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 06:28:26 AM »

I know i will be bashed for saying this but;

NO MORE FREAKS!!!!!!!

I'm sorry........ he might be a great player, but he looks as if he's from Marylin Manson's band. I'm sorry but that's so uncool. I don't want GNR to look like Goths or whatever. Goths are dorks and if I go to a concert I don't want to stand next to 15 y.o. boys with make-up who still think it's cool to dress as a girl.

No man, seriously....just no.... nowadays you draw more attention when you look normal instead of dressed as a girl. And no one will take GNR seriously if they look like this and the way Robin does.....that style is so not popular in Europe.....

Edit: I just read that he WAS in MM's band. Just get a regular rock 'n roller....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 06:34:59 AM by SADIS » Logged
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 06:36:52 AM »

From Sp1at.com... Bigboss.

After interviewing John 5, we suggested him as a possible new guitarist candidate for gnr to Sanctuary, and they have confirmed today that this suggestion was forwarded to Axl

Since the New Year, John 5 has not contacted us at all regarding gnr, so hopefully this may mean he may be in the running for the new guitarist vacancy with gnr

I really hope so because he is a good, genuine person, and I think he'd be perfect for gnr

No, I hope no!!! There are 1 000 000 better guitarists than JOHN5!!!!

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 06:59:21 AM »

NO MORE FREAKS!!!!!!!

I'm sorry........ he might be a great player, but he looks as if he's from Marylin Manson's band. I'm sorry but that's so uncool. I don't want GNR to look like Goths or whatever. Goths are dorks and if I go to a concert I don't want to stand next to 15 y.o. boys with make-up who still think it's cool to dress as a girl.

No man, seriously....just no.... nowadays you draw more attention when you look normal instead of dressed as a girl. And no one will take GNR seriously if they look like this and the way Robin does.....that style is so not popular in Europe.....

Edit: I just read that he WAS in MM's band. Just get a regular rock 'n roller....
Same for me. I was pretty angry yesterday night on the rumourboard...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to be attached to the "Classic Rock" vibe of GN'R because this is what GN'R is about for me! Bring a Rocker. Gothic is not what this band is about. That whole story really piss me off. Who's going to join next? a drag-queen? a shemale? I'm sick with all that weird people in GN'R. 50% of the band don't even look like humans.

The deal Axl signed yesterday was fantastic. I was in a very good mood. But few hours after came that John 5 rumour...a thing like that can put me into an anger state that nobody can even imagine...I don't want to see my favourite band of all time turn into an horror film. This is not that band I've always loved. That rumour is a nightmare.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 07:09:52 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 07:09:09 AM »

thanks, so it'll be a tourin- member i guess...

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 07:17:21 AM »

NO MORE FREAKS!!!!!!!

Same for me. I was pretty angry yesterday night on the rumourboard...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to be attached to the "Classic Rock" vibe of GN'R because this is what GN'R is about for me! Bring a Rocker. Gothic is not what this band is about. That whole story really piss me off. Who's going to join next? a drag-queen? a shemale? I'm sick with all that weird people in GN'R. 50% of the band don't even look like humans.

The deal Axl signed yesterday was fantastic. I was in a very good mood. But few hours after came that John 5 rumour...a thing like that can put me into an anger state that nobody can even imagine...I don't want to see my favourite band of all time turn into an horror film. This is not that band I've always loved. That rumour is a nightmare.

well... I didn?t think Robin played guitar that good on his own style
maybe John 5 could do the same...
and freak?!?!
look to this picture of him... I THINK I WANT HIM IN MY FAVOURITE BAND, as long he?s a good person to be side to side with Axl

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 07:22:59 AM »

well, visually I'm not feeling that extra lipstick around his mouth...scary clown...but hey, Axl and those braids...not exactly a flattering fashion choice for a man with a widow's peak hairline and large veins that pop out of his forehead when he sings either...maybe this will get them on the What Not To Wear program...that would be publicity...his guitar playing sounds okay though based on what's on the web site...it would give a "bookend" look between him and Robin...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 07:27:08 AM »

"Classic Rock" vibe of GN'R because this is what GN'R is about for me!
did you see gnr live at the roxy?  Wink

SADIS
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 07:29:14 AM »

and freak?!?!
look to this picture of him... I THINK I WANT HIM IN MY FAVOURITE BAND, as long he?s a good person to be side to side with Axl

Well, here he looks classic GNR, but if I go this his website I see a Marylin look alike.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 07:35:44 AM »

and freak?!?!

Well, here he looks classic GNR, but if I go this his website I see a Marylin look alike.

I agreed
but if you look for some old pic of Robin BEFORE he joins NIN, you will se him with other band with a look that fir 100% in the GNR
go to metal sludge, I saw some pics of him there
I think when GNR make their come back, we will se a completly diferent Axl and Robin from what we are used to see
 Smiley

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 07:36:37 AM »

I don't hate freaks. If he is who the band needs, why not? I'll welcome whoever comes.

But I prefer someone fresh. 2 people from MM connection? Hmm

To be honest,  Cry I want Bucket back! Shush! Lips Sealed
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 07:41:26 AM »

to be honest, i agree waveif everyone in the band+ bucket wants it ok this guy is ok 2 me... they're just gonna tour (not record eh?) after the release is my guess, and the record is done. Smiley

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 07:46:01 AM »

A lot of people are complaining about John5's look.  Who cares.  Nobody looks more like a freak than Buckethead and everybody is crying for him to come back.  Have you heard John's playing?Huh  He will send Buckethead back home crying to his mother.  John would be the best guitarist GnR ever had since Slash and that includes Bucket.  I don't care about John's looks neither but when I hear this guy play I want him in GnR real bad.  As for the looks.  That can be changed.  So look at his talent and stop crying about his look.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 08:52:32 AM »

He was only suggested... that's all it says. I'm sure there have been several people suggested. We'll have to wait and see but I wouldn't get to worked up about this. Hopefully we get an official update soon.... gnronline.com Feb. 2005 maybe?

captain_corona
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy Starts Now

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 09:04:57 AM »

John 5 is an amazing guitarist, and I do believe if he does join the band it would be a good fit.

if i could just say a few more words i'd be a better public speaker
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 09:34:15 AM »

well, let's clear that point: John 5 is NOT in GnR, his name was only suggested to Axl to consider him for, eventually, join the band. but I think Axl has other names to look forward too..

however, I listened some John5 tracks and I think he could do the Buckethead work

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 09:42:46 AM »

A lot of people are complaining about John5's look.? Who cares.? Nobody looks more like a freak than Buckethead and everybody is crying for him to come back.? Have you heard John's playing?Huh? He will send Buckethead back home crying to his mother.? John would be the best guitarist GnR ever had since Slash and that includes Bucket.? I don't care about John's looks neither but when I hear this guy play I want him in GnR real bad.? As for the looks.? That can be changed.? So look at his talent and stop crying about his look.

Thank you very much for the above quote.  I don't feel like driving myself crazy writing again that John 5 is the man who has more skills than the bucket.  This comeing from me (a guitar player with 20 yrs experience.  Go download his material .  He's a beast.  And he will fit perfectly with GNR.  He's one of the most nice, and normal person in music.  He'll get along with Axl just fine.  His eccentricities are onstage.  I've seen him play just as a normal guy.  John 5 is Guitar.  not a freak.  Quit being a bunch of 3rd graders whining about what a person wears.  This is the 2nd board I've had to defend this guy on.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 10:01:46 AM »

BS as usual.....oops, I meant business as usual.
I don't know who this BigBoss is, but he seems to have caught quite a big head. Who does he think he is suggesting new members to the band? Like he's a close friend or something. Jeez....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: