Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Europeans are hungry to see GN'R
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans are hungry to see GN'R  (Read 7507 times)
Dust N Rose
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 05:14:30 PM »

Unlikely they'll be playing in England though. The majority of promoters aren't willing to take on Axl until he has proved that he can do a tour without a cancellation or a riot. And certain promoters are still bearing a grudge after the Carling Festival incident in 2002.

imagine what would happen after S.Luis if that was true....
I doubt it, if Axl releases a fuckin' good album noone will remember the 2002 thing.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 06:16:11 PM »

If a festival in Germany, then HURRICANE!!!

Rock Am Ring sucks major ass, it's the biggest, but also the WORST festival in Germany!

At HURRICANE this year, there's OASIS, AUDIOSLAVE and RAMMSTEIN, so that's a lot better than Linkin Park.? Wink

I'm hoping for actual GN'R shows in Germany, not only festivals.

Yeah! And IF there is a announcement in the next few weeks, i damn hope its a Europe Tour, i guess most American bands tour Europe in the Summer because of the festivals...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 02:34:04 AM »

Anywhere GN'R goes they will sell out the arena.  Only if CD is released and promoted properly.  Even without an album most venue's in the U.S were almost completely sold out.  Bring back GN'R, and come to KENTUCKY this time!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 02:53:25 AM »

yeah i think that overseas tours will do very will when the album is released..

i'd even go out to europe and see them, that would be awesome with their crazy crowds.   i think they should do a short tour there first then come to the US and then go back to europe, south america, etc...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
chris83
Opening Act

2007?

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 03:48:16 AM »

If they tour this summer I don't think that they will play at Rock am Ring because Velvet Revolver play there!

...unlike oasis we could not find a way to all get along
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 04:37:55 AM »

If they tour this summer I don't think that they will play at Rock am Ring because Velvet Revolver play there!

I heard that GnR were rumored to play at the download festival.... 

I can think of nothing better than having VR play on one nite and GnR play the second nite... both bands would be on their best and I think the music would fucking kick ass..

imagine scott saying something to the crowd  and the next nite the red head has a response.. That could happen at a festival like they have in europe...

oh well ill keep dreaming coz i know the red head would never put it all on the table like that.... 
chris83
Opening Act

2007?

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 05:16:31 AM »

Sure, that would be great but I can't imagine Axl playing the same festival Velvet Revolver plays! I hope I'm wrong because in 2001 I was at Rock am Ring but GN'R wasn't there  Cry  and if they both would play there this year I would be the happiest GN'R N' Revolver Fan on earth!  ok  beer

...unlike oasis we could not find a way to all get along
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 05:02:50 PM »

I doubt Guns will be at Download, Feeder are headlining Friday, Iron Maiden are hoping to headline Saturday, and Black Sabbath are headlining on the Sunday, and I don't think Axl will want to play second fiddle.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 09:00:21 PM »

blabbermouth.net is full of idiots

Corrected. Grin

Dust N Rose
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »

Sure, that would be great but I can't imagine Axl playing the same festival Velvet Revolver plays!

Well, I think they can't avoid every festival just because they hate one each other. Someone will have to withdraw or both play.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 06:44:17 PM »

I'm sure European GN'R fans are hungry to see Guns, but to suggest that they're more so than American fans (as some of you did) is down right nuts. ?We have 300 million people in America, and don't forget Guns N' Roses is an AMERICAN band. ?If Guns N' Roses is gonna make a big smack in today's music industry, the ultimate fight is going to be here in the states. ?Where did the Beatles and the Stones come to to really blow up and gain world recognition? ?It was America. ?The combined populations of France, Italy, Germany and England are just about on par with the population of the US. ?Of the metnioned European countries, only one of those countries speak English as their native tounge. ?Granted many Europeans speak English as a 2nd language, but when more than half of a population doesn't speak English, I find it hard for them to be hungrier than Americans for a band they don't understand. ?Again, I'm not saying that Europeans are lesser GN'R fans or any less hungry for Axl to get out and tour, but there aren't nearly the amount of venues in Europe as there are in the states and again, the battle for Chinese Democracy's reign is going to be primarily fought at home.

-- Guns N RockMusic
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 09:04:58 PM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
Dust N Rose
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2005, 07:14:05 PM »

but when more than half of a population doesn't speak English, I find it hard for them to be hungrier than Americans for a band they don't understand.

I really doubt if that's a problem.
Indeed the fight will be mainly in America just because the music industry is far different than Europe's. Pop Idols rule out there (no offence). The bad point is that whatever new stuff comes from America (good or bad) spreads like a fuckin' disease in Europe too later.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2005, 07:55:31 PM »

I'm sure European GN'R fans are hungry to see Guns, but to suggest that they're more so than American fans (as some of you did) is down right nuts. ?We have 300 million people in America, and don't forget Guns N' Roses is an AMERICAN band. ?If Guns N' Roses is gonna make a big smack in today's music industry, the ultimate fight is going to be here in the states. ?Where did the Beatles and the Stones come to to really blow up and gain world recognition? ?It was America. ?The combined populations of France, Italy, Germany and England are just about on par with the population of the US. ?Of teh metnioned European countries, only of those countries speak English as their native tounge. ?Granted many Europeans speak English as a 2nd language, but when more than half of a population doesn't speak English, I find it hard for them to be hungrier than Americans for a band they don't understand. ?Again, I'm not saying that Europeans are lesser GN'R fans or any less hungry for Axl to get out and tour, but there aren't nearly the amount of venues in Europe as there are in the states and again, the battle for Chinese Democracy's reign is going to be primarily fought at home.

-- Guns N RockMusic
  You make some good points. I've always wondered about that, I mean I know that GnR's music alone would be enough for me to listen to them, even if I didn't know the language, but that would be a very rare thing. I can't imagine listening to music all the time, that I couldn't understand what they were saying. But GnR kicks ass no matter what language you speak, so it's all good. ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2005, 09:15:34 PM »

Indeed the fight will be mainly in America just because the music industry is far different than Europe's. Pop Idols rule out there (no offence). The bad point is that whatever new stuff comes from America (good or bad) spreads like a fuckin' disease in Europe too later.

No, it does present a problem.? If you don't speak English, then when you listen to Guns N' Roses you are essentially taking away any contribtution Axl makes to the band.? In my humble opinion, a true GN'R fan is attracted to the music because of the depth or emotion; not just the music itself, but the lyrics.? As a native English speaker, it is hard sometimes to understand what words Axl is actually saying (thus the problem of people jointly compiling lyrics from songs from the 2002 tour).? Once you know what words Axl is saying, you have to put them into context to get the message he is trying to deliver.? Someone who likes GN'R just because they sound cool is no different than the American (or European) idiots who enjoy the latest Pop craze to hit the market.? So while I'm not saying that a non-english speaker can't enjoy GN'R, that listener is no different than someone who loves Britney Spears because all they want is an image.? I would assume that most of you on this board would agree that people who listen to music for image (be it GN'R or Pop) are not the same caliber of fans as all of us are.? Again, this is just my opinion, but? I find it hard to swallow that Europeans as a whole are hungrier for a new GN'R album, if we define that hunger as an actual desire for emotionally deep and meaningful music.? peace
Stokesy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2005, 04:27:34 AM »

I doubt Guns will be at Download, Feeder are headlining Friday, Iron Maiden are hoping to headline Saturday, and Black Sabbath are headlining on the Sunday, and I don't think Axl will want to play second fiddle.

Apparently Maiden are playing in Italy and Switzerland on the the Download dates.  The only confrimed act so far is System Of A Down, everything else is rumours...

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2005, 04:51:19 AM »

No, it does present a problem.? If you don't speak English, then when you listen to Guns N' Roses you are essentially taking away any contribtution Axl makes to the band.? In my humble opinion, a true GN'R fan is attracted to the music because of the depth or emotion; not just the music itself, but the lyrics.? As a native English speaker, it is hard sometimes to understand what words Axl is actually saying (thus the problem of people jointly compiling lyrics from songs from the 2002 tour).? Once you know what words Axl is saying, you have to put them into context to get the message he is trying to deliver.? Someone who likes GN'R just because they sound cool is no different than the American (or European) idiots who enjoy the latest Pop craze to hit the market.? So while I'm not saying that a non-english speaker can't enjoy GN'R, that listener is no different than someone who loves Britney Spears because all they want is an image.? I would assume that most of you on this board would agree that people who listen to music for image (be it GN'R or Pop) are not the same caliber of fans as all of us are.? Again, this is just my opinion, but? I find it hard to swallow that Europeans as a whole are hungrier for a new GN'R album, if we define that hunger as an actual desire for emotionally deep and meaningful music.? peace

it sounds like you're saying the lyrics mean everything , so we take away the lyrics and the music is comparable to britney spears? ?? hihi wtf ?? and I actually thought the music was worth something. Guess I was wrong. *back to my christina aguilera cds*

MY mother tongue is french, then Spanish, then English. I have no trouble understanding the lyrics thank you.

in the words of the great Andrew Wood

"lets fall in love with music
the driving force in our living
the only international language"

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:55:39 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2005, 07:02:46 AM »

The language thing could affect those who don't really check the lyrics. They are a lot unfortunately.
I guess it's true that Axl is not easy to comprehend, but I think the e-motion you get from the music is enough sometimes. And not all the Europeans have the same understanding in English language.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2005, 07:05:23 AM »

yeh thats tru. over here in UK a lot more local bands are doing the type of rock'n roll thing that GN'R set. especially my band. man i h8 grunge and nu-metal.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2005, 07:10:19 AM »

GERMANY LOVES GN'R!!!

Grin ok

Fucking correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They could sell out 15.000-25.000 arenas in every major city in Germany. peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
GnRFans
Headliner

I'm a llama!