Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus  (Read 5944 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2005, 05:42:39 AM »

U claim Fortus is a gift from God because he can play GNR songs well
where do you get all this? making up things for losing the discussion? no
when u feel like making informed decisions about music.
which i did? Roll Eyes
i sure join you in an izzy-thread, but will not try ruin the thread as you try with this? Smiley

he's good now, it could suck in studio is that your point?
you think richard is a plague from god since he's not izzy imo, yes but please contribute to the discussion when you have some facts to go along with it? ok

richard seems like a brilliant guiarist (4 his genre) and i think\hope izzy (the poster) will look quite a fool when the albums released,? Cheesy hope he gets lost of slot on the music? peace
i think he fuckin rocks, headbanger he got a great guitar tone, plays well live and rock the shit imo? beer
my fav of all the guitarplayers left? Wink

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:56:45 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2005, 06:35:21 PM »

I just got done watching MSG '02 again.  Fortus and Stinson have incredible stage presence.  I'm probably like the majority of average people out there.  I don't play music and I don't understand "technical" music talk.  I look at Buckethead's fingers moving at Mach-10 during the end of Night Train, I see Stinson and Fortus having fun rockin' out, and I'm impressed.  It all sounds good to me.  I guess Robin shows his "fun" in a different way, he doesn't look to be having as much fun...oh yeah, and the Buckethead disaster.  That story posted here at HTGTH awhile back from Ozzy Osbourne was priceless regarding B-Head.
   Fortus, Tommy, and Brian look cool...and from the new stuff played, are excellent musicians.  Finck just needs a wardrobe adjustment.  Axl needs to lose 20 pounds.  (oh no, I hope Axl didn't read that, we won't see CD for another 10 years!)  This is not meant as disrespect.  If Axl was a friend of mine, I'd tell him the same thing.  Tell him to hang with Richard a bit more and get closer to that look. 
 peace 

and like Norway, Fortus is my fave of the current guitarists.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »

Finck just needs a wardrobe adjustment
? hihi
skip the white toxido,? nervous

Fortus, Tommy, and Brian look cool...and from the new stuff played, are excellent musicians.
yeah, seems? like good rockers\entertainers and musicians 4 gnr? ok
 god these bootlegs really makes me lookin forward to hear the work done on the upcoming music or old material rerecorded headbanger

here's some fortus clips from newgnr? Cheesy

http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortusthinkabout.wmv

http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortusrocketq.wmv

http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/fortustheblues.wmv

d'ya all like it? i'm diggin it? peace

btw\
axl looked kinda slim at the hardrock gigs, what do you think? a leatherjacket be cool along w\ the jerseys? smoking
agree he looked less in shape in rio, good-shape axl is best  Wink

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 08:42:31 PM by norway » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2005, 08:31:58 PM »

Norway,
  That's a great picture of Axl when he's in shape.  The guy is freakin' ripped.  All he has to do is cut down on the extra insulation surrounding that muscle.  Nothing would shut the critics up faster than Axl comin' out in great shape.  I think he could have a lot of fun with that.  Ya know, show up at an interview pretending to be huge in a fat suit...hear some jokes, then go back-stage, come back out without the fat suit ready to kick some ass...that would be cool.
   Sorry about getting us off-topic here, this was originally about Fortus.  Like I said, he's got a very cool look AND attitude on and off-stage. (from the pics I've seen)  Plus, I've liked all his playing in the boots I've seen and heard.
   Also, please don't think I'm an Axl-basher because of the weight thing.  Whether he's 300 pounds or 120 pounds, I'm gonna support him all the way.  I'm just thinking we have better odds of hearing more music come out of this band if we have broad-based, oops, I meant "broad"-based support (that means the ladies have to dig him too Wink )

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »

think fortus gets really popular when the albums released? beer

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2005, 04:50:32 PM »

think fortus gets really popular when the albums released? beer
He already is smoking
I made some friends watch some new gn'r videos, they really didn't like buckethead. They though Finck was ok but nothing special. However they really liked Fortus.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:13:20 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »

I made some friends watch some new gn'r videos, they told me that "the guy who looks like Izzy is great"--->
nice, and yeah he does reminds a bit of izzy? yes
what guitars did he use one the tour? did he use that bantubi? (hope i spell that right)

never heard of such a guitar, but they says it's good ok ...

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2005, 05:14:26 AM »

Here is a 5 minutes Video medley of Richard, including lots of solos/stage performances (think about you, roquet queen, nightrain, out ta gt me, you could be mine, november rain and the blues). However, due to the different soundboards, the sound isn't equal on the entire Video. So sometimes you'll have to put the sound louder for certain solos.
Enjoy http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13HYNQD64WLPE3V0RP4DMH1QCG
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 05:18:13 AM by nesquick » Logged

Chief
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2005, 02:43:47 AM »

thank you for posting and whoever did this montage because its freakin awesome... Richard is really good!!

Here is a 5 minutes Video medley of Richard, including lots of solos/stage performances (think about you, roquet queen, nightrain, out ta gt me, you could be mine, november rain and the blues). However, due to the different soundboards, the sound isn't equal on the entire Video. So sometimes you'll have to put the sound louder for certain solos.
Enjoy http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13HYNQD64WLPE3V0RP4DMH1QCG

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2005, 06:52:34 AM »

I did Cool
Do you understand now why I say a 3rd guitar player isn't necessary? Richard is the right guy. Just give him more lead parts to play, I want to see his full potencial, and I think I'm not the only one. Plus, his own demos on his website are promizing. With 3 guitar players, you never know who play what, it doesn't valorize the band. There are too much people. With a guitar duet, you know who play what, when the first one does the lead, you know the second one does the rythm and vice versa. It's clear. And with 2 keyboards, there are way enough people and instruments to create a huge sound.
Most of successfull rock bands have just one or two guitar players. Sometimes they even don't have keyboards: The Red Hot Chilli peppers, U2, Muse, Radiohead, Coldplay, Oasis, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Green Day etc... you know who play what. It's clear. It valorizes them.

madagas
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2005, 07:57:42 AM »

U2 has keyboards on a ton of songs-so does Radiohead. U2's keyboard player is playing actually off stage. They hide him. Roll Eyes
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:25 AM »

I didn't say they don't have keyboards. I just say none of them have 3 guitar players (most have 1, but GN'R need 2) and sometimes they don't even have keyboards. 2 guitars + 2 keyboards are way enough for a rock band like GN'R. It was embarassing to see Buckethead having a sleep on "the blues" while Richard and Robin were doing the lead and rythm parts. BH was waiting for the next song to play.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:14:38 AM by nesquick » Logged

madagas
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2005, 08:24:32 AM »

radiohead has three for a large part of their songs-Ed O'Brien, Johnny Greenwood and Thom Yorke. Yorke switches between piano, organ, and guitar throughout their shows.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2005, 08:28:19 AM »

I went to see Radiohead 2 years ago, there was just one guitar player onstage (and a fucking good one!). Tom Yorke? just played guitar on "there there", alone onstage, with an accoustic one at the end of the show. For All the rest, there was just one guitar player. They were 4 onstage, so there is no way they have 3 guitar players.? U2, the biggest Rock band in the world right know, just have The Edge. One guitar player.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 08:33:18 AM by nesquick » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2005, 08:32:44 AM »

I was really excited when Richard Fortus joined the band. I love his style, he has this cool old school style, even Axl said he has an Izzy feel to him.
badapple81
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2005, 08:34:54 AM »

I went to see Radiohead 2 years ago, there was just one guitar player. Tom Yorke? just played guitar on "there there", alone onstage, with an accoustic one at the end of the show. For All the rest, there was just one guitar player. They were 4 onstage, so there is no way they have 3 guitar players.? U2, the biggest Rock band in the world right know, just have The Edge. One guitar player.

So what? Are U2 Guns N' Roses? No.

Why does every thread about one of the guitar players have to turn into a thread about how many guitar players there should be?
madagas
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2005, 08:41:55 AM »

Nesquick, I am a HUGE Radiohead fan. You don't know what you are talking about. There are 5 people in the band-trust me. 3 guys play guitar on a lot of songs. Sometimes Yorke is acoustic and O'Brien and Greenwood are electric. They mix it up all the time.1-2-3 GUITARS CAN BE USED DEPENDING ON THE SONG! For God's sake, at least have an idea of what  you are discussing. rant Gnr doesn't need three guitars on every song but some of the songs are definitely better with a three guitar attack-JUST LIKE RADIOHEAD! ps I would be sleeping during the Blues as well.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2005, 09:26:33 AM »

Well I saw the radiohead Concert with my eyes 2 years ago, I saw the band very well, there was:
- a bass player - left side onstage
- a guitar player - mid/left side
- tom yorke - center
- drums - behind
- a keyboardist - right side.

Their stage was pretty small although the Arena was big (Bercy- 17.000 people).
Tell me how a guy can play keyboard and guitar at the same time, or bass and electric guitar at the same time. York played piano on one song and accoustic guitar on another one. For the rest of the show, he just had his microphone, like Axl. Maybe they can play with 3 guitarists for certain shows, but for the one I went to, there was always one guitar (or 2 for "creep"). The show was very experimental, but it was exellent.

madagas
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »

The keyboardist is Johnny Greenwood and he is THE LEAD GUITAR PLAYER! He actually does play guitar and keyboards on the same song-Paranoid Android. He is quite talented. Drop it already. I've seen them 4 times. You only have a slight idea about what you are discussing. You saw them on the Hail to the Thief tour and it was a little more experimental.
william
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »

Highly recommended checking out Richard's catalog pre-GNR. The man is/was a top session guitarist. Loved his work with "Love Spit Love", "Psych Furs", "BT" (Ever hear the soundtrack to "Monster"?), "Angela McClusky", "Jessie Malin", "Ryan Adams", Honkey Toast", "Ben Folds", to name a few of the artists he has played with/worked with in the past. It is my belief after the new Guns record drops, tour, interviews, Etc...Richard will be regarded by the mainstream as one of the better guitarists of our generation. He is already regarded as an ace guitarist by those in the industry (peers, producers, talented artists). Happens to be a sincerely cool guy as well. I was fortunate to have met him over the summer w/my friend "Jaz" (some of you may know Jaz from www.thenewguns.com) at CB's when he performed w/"Pisser". Only met him once, but he seemed like a class act to me. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: