Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't expect CD to be release before...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't expect CD to be release before...  (Read 7467 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 04:55:11 AM »

Chinese democracy will be leaked and I will download it.

When it's released, I'll buy it.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 05:56:57 AM »

if you calculate the release counting on leak you are a fuckin' moron

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 06:09:53 AM »

of course it will leak...

Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 07:19:35 AM »

there will be NO leak. The internet is a fucking tool, dont forget that. Something like that Axl said before.

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 07:47:54 AM »

"I know that Axl is a freak and maybe a little bit paranoiac, but this album is one the most anticipated album of the decade so there's no way he will be able to release CD before it leak..."

That's the viewpoint of a total GNR fan (not that there's anything wrong with that)...big picture...the majority could care less about GNR and still think GNR is the old original lineup...most anticipated album? I don't think so, but I assure you there will be a barrage of post to the contrary...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 07:59:22 AM »

That's the viewpoint of a total GNR fan (not that there's anything wrong with that)...big picture...the majority could care less about GNR and still think GNR is the old original lineup...most anticipated album? I don't think so, but I assure you there will be a barrage of post to the contrary...

I couldnt have said it better...
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 08:04:18 AM »

Look, if everyone's so convinced they'll be a leak, can someone explain why there haven't been leaks of the lesser known songs already? ?Let's assume Tommy's right, and they are 'nearly' done (give or take a few vocals): ?then why don't we have a clue what they sound like yet? ?The answer is - we don't know beacuse the security's good.

Now, obviously, when the album goes into production, then the risks are higher. ?But the nearer it gets to release, the less it matters. ?I mean, what's the point of illegaly downloading possibly fake or poor quality versions when you KNOW that four weeks later you can buy it in the shops. ?The really dangerous period is the one we're in, when a leak would be devestating because everyone would get it, not knowing exactly when they'll be able to hear the finished product. ?So this is why I think the time from release date announcement to the first sale will be really quick: ?the less time in between, the more pointless a leak would be. ?And no, I'm not being naive - someone WILL try to leak it - it's just that if Geffen play their cards right, they can minimise the damage. ?Any anyway, they've spend 10 years hiding this goddam material, they're no gonna chuck it illegally into the open a few months before it comes out. ?

And no, I don't agree with this.  Precisely because most people still think GNR's the old lineup, is the reason why it will sell.  Whatever we might think, the name's still the name - and everyone's heard of Guns N Roses, regardless of who plays drums in it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2005, 08:05:40 AM »

"the majority could care less about GNR and still think GNR is the old original lineup,
almost everyone knows and has differnet opinions about this, ?yes
i think it is as known as the original beatles line-up don't exist and are as relevant as that imo (boring, nothing new, forgotten)

...most anticipated album? I don't think so

it is, it was even expected in 94, but thing goes as a merry go'round ?hihi
in the musicworld it is anyway ok

i expect it's coming this year first part ?Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2005, 08:14:26 AM »

I don't recall ever saying downloadng music wasn't illegal (at least in the U.S. it is - live in a place like Sweden, and the rules change).  So is driiving over the speed limit, J-Walking, gambling at a friend's house (i.e. when I go to play poker), and probably 100 other different things I do or have done in my life.  I don't consider myself an idiot for taking advantage of the technology available.  Don't get your panties in a wad because you think Axl's going to lose an album sale on account of me.  Let me explain it really simply:

Those who don't buy Chinese Democracy, never would have bought Chinese Democracy.  (And you can insert ANY album name there)  I remember a local radio station playing the entire Illusion albums about 4 days before release.. all of them.. bad lyrics, good lyrics, didn't matter.  I taped it.  I played those tapes about 20 times over the next 4 days.  Oh yeah, then I STILL waited in line at Specs at Midnight for my 'official' copies.

I'm not out to justify piracy or stealing or whatever you'd like to call it in your head.  really, I'm not.  However, my point remains - the album will leak, nothing will happen to those who download said leaked material, and the earth will continue its standard rotation and orbit.  Life wiill go on, for whatever its worth.

When you talk about this being the most anticipated album of all time.. be very careful with that statement.  Would you like the name of a debut album that sold more than Appetite for Destruction?  (At a time when Music Piracy was at least a small factor)?

Alanis Morrisette "Jagged Little Pill" has 16+ million total sales.  Appetite has 15+ million.  GNR may be the best thing since sliced bread to you or I - but to the general public, its sort of an 'ehh, whatever' thing..  The mainstream is called that for a reason, they are the main proportion of the population.   Doesn't make them right and us wrong..but it does make them able to encourage a company to pay an artist like Alanis or Eminem or whatever more than they'd ever pay Axl.. sad, but true.  The majority makes the rules.. the minority finds ways to clandestinely defeat them Smiley

ciao,

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 08:32:28 AM »

If the album does end up on the internet and all over the file sharing programs. I hope everyone that downloads it gets caught and fined by the RIAA. How would you like it if someone came to your house and stole something that took you years to get?? Axl is a very smart man and his lawyers are probably some of the best money can buy. They will not tolerate any early leaks. If CD does leak on the internet it will be the day the cd hits the shelfs. But again I hope it has some kind of copyright that if you try to rip it to share your computer will die or your info will be sent to the RIAA. I dont mind people downloading old shows of bands, or downloading a song then buying the CD. I do hate those people who have every song made and only have it for the bragging rights of haveing 200gigs of music and didnt have to buy a single CD. Get a life bands make music to make us happy.. Thank them and buy there music.

You're funny.  I mean this with all due respect, but, umm, Democracy will leak just like every other album leaks once its sent for production.  Not quite sure how an MP3 or a Lossless compressed music file is going to 'make my computer die' - but hey, its an amusing concept. 

Here's the difference between your analogy and a real 'theft' from my home.  In the case of digital property being 'stolen' - it still exists.  If you were to come to my home and steal my 65" widescreen TV, then yeah, its gone.

CD will leak a couple of weeks, at least, before it hits stores.. welcome to the Internet.

Oh, and for the record, notice how I never disagreed with your statement that we should buy the music of the bands we like, I fully agree.  However, if you think, for even a moment, that once Democracy is available to download that I won't grab it, you're, as Axl says, "Fuckin' Crazy"

As far as my info being sent to the RIAA - I hope they have fun with it.   Like I really give a damn if they have my IP address and want to go through the trouble of subpeona'ing my records?  Go for it.

What's so funny about all these companies is that they don't get that their antiquated distribution model is dead, dead, dead.  Its almost at the point now where every individual can be a content provider - just wait til we get one big fluffy wireless cloud for all us.  Good luck finding me in the ether.

ciao,

-darknemus

You're an idiot, I mean you probaly dont think you are becuase in your mind you justified stealing...but yeah you're an idiot. It's a product of his WORK (that words probaly foriegn to your geeky ass). And stealing it, is limiting his profit, CD sales, and probaly the willingness for a record company to sign and promote another act (if people don't buy the big mans CD's then why would they buy the little up and coming guys CD's). You don't think with the invention of the internet, MP3's, iPod's, etc, etc, that maybe the definition of "theft" has maybe been updated? So from your logic, I can copy off a test or extract sensitive data from some top secret military site and its all gonna be ok?  So Maybe you'll buy the c.d. but ALOT more people wont. And for even thinking that downloading music isnt illegal you're a 100%-grade A-fuckin loser

Hah, you called Darknemus stupid which is funny because he's actually a smart bastard.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005, 08:42:28 AM »

but to the general public, its sort of an 'ehh, whatever' thing..? The mainstream is called that for a reason, they are the main proportion of the population.?
still not an undeground act imo  Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005, 08:31:21 AM »

U2 is one of the biggest band in the world and I got the album about 3 weeks before the official release. Same thing for the last Metallica

Did u go out n buy these albums after u downloaded them?

peace

Of course I did buy them...I'm a fan and I want the official cd with the booklet, lyrics...

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
Dust N Rose
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005, 05:47:25 PM »

I can download albums that were in done in a few hours without any compunction.
But an album that needed 7 years or more(depends on release) downloaded in a few minutes it's disgrace.
When it's out it will be probably 20 fuckin' dollars or more, c'mon people... appreciate the effort.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2005, 06:42:55 PM »

If it is leaked I will download every song - but when the album is officially released I'm still gonna buy the damn thing three times.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2005, 06:53:18 PM »

If it is leaked I will download every song - but when the album is officially released I'm still gonna buy the damn thing three times.

I wonder if i have the patience to wait!
After 12 fucking years!! Damn, I dont wanna destroy the feeling of having bought CD, got home! A cup of coffie, and relax listening to the damn ting!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2005, 08:30:53 PM »

I can see it now. If a single song leaks,  you can forget about Chinese Demcracy for the next 15 years. Keep in mind who we are dealing with here.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: