Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  update...take as u will
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: update...take as u will  (Read 6700 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« on: January 24, 2005, 10:23:31 AM »

I posted on here about 8 months agos....roughly that my former bass teacher ( a very well respected guy with various books on bass,  by the name of stephan XXXXXX....sorry no last name given as i respect him, had given me some info regarding GNR's recording.

To put it simply he is a classicly trained guy and knows various musicians and does a lot of work in L.A.  He described some work that a few voilinists etc had done with GNR as he knows Im a fan.  He described how a lot of the basic ideas had apparently been written with orchestra then transferred to an electronic medium and vice versa to give 'unexpected' feel......or more to the pointmake electronica a little more organic. He said that the musicians involved felt it was kinda up in the air and didnt expect much of it to be used.

To cuta  long story short....his word of mouth through friends (mind u he doesnt care too much for GNR so my attempts to get info r a tad slow)...is that vocal work is still to be done....that there is more than one cd....and that the initial cd while elaborate is pretty much straight forward rock.

feel free to Im me.....I only know so much....but hope this is of some help

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 10:35:08 AM »

thanks, the violin stuff converted was cool, i got violins too and it's really cool to use filter or distortion  Cheesy

and that the initial cd while elaborate is pretty much straight forward rock
yeah, axl said something about that in an earlier interview, i love rock  love
about second cd goin more to aggresive electronica... kinda cool to see how it sounds  smoking

initial=first? remember tommy said something about epics too, can't wait drool
hope they really are gonna release within few months, and release backup soon after ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »

I will happily answer any questions...though dont go going all conspiricy theory on me...i can only get so much info. I said in the initial post on this subject months ago that Id get back to you guys....cept nothing came of it...

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 10:48:46 AM »

thanks for the update!  Grin

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 12:12:28 PM »

Ta discobiscuit1!  Cheesy  Hum.  When do you think his info was on? As late as this year or?

To cuta  long story short....his word of mouth through friends (mind u he doesnt care too much for GNR so my attempts to get info r a tad slow)...is that vocal work is still to be done....that there is more than one cd....and that the initial cd while elaborate is pretty much straight forward rock.

BTW this board is hell slow again! Cry
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 12:39:16 PM »

stuff liek this i tend believe rather than other crap that pops up...thanks for the info

btw its clear the whole hold up to Cd is Axl and the vocals.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:50:24 PM »

vocal work is still to be done....

Most rumours tend towards that theory (and your info seems legit)...so I guess there's no fire without smoke. But WTF?
In 2002 Axl said they already chose the order of songs, the cover was ready, and a few months ago Tommy said he heard the first rough mixes which were obviously complete with vocals...I don't understand what the deal is. Are they re-recording (re-mixing) vocals every 2 weeks or something?

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 04:29:55 PM »

The "no vocals" theory is so strange, but it's been rumored to often the past couple of
years to not have some merit. Axl is either really a perfectionist, really lazy or
just having voice issues. I find that hard to believe, as he sounded great in concert
in 2002.
Regardless,the weird thing is that there's more than one album. I don't doubt they have
enough material for more than 1 CD, but all we've heard about is Chinese Democracy, and I can't imagine they're completing more than 1 CD at this time. It just seems like the record
label just wants one, really good finished CD to release, and worry about the next record down the road.
SADIS
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 04:37:07 PM »

I think Axl layed down the vocal tracks a while ago, I just think he keeps them separetely from the music so no one can put it on the internet. I really think he also tells everyone they aren't layed down yet so everyone thinks there's nothing coming/nothing to steal. And when they go into final mixing he will give them out...... Axl ain't stupid, he knows the time is now!
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 07:36:05 PM »

I don't doubt they have
enough material for more than 1 CD, but all we've heard about is Chinese Democracy, and I can't imagine they're completing more than 1 CD at this time.

Well... I interpreted it as Chinese Democracy the record will consist of more than 1 CD... the first one maybe being more traditional rock and the second one being more experimental... discobiscuit, correct me if I'm wrong..

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

The "no vocals" theory is so strange, but it's been rumored to often the past couple of
years to not have some merit. Axl is either really a perfectionist, really lazy or
just having voice issues. I find that hard to believe, as he sounded great in concert
in 2002.
Regardless,the weird thing is that there's more than one album. I don't doubt they have
enough material for more than 1 CD, but all we've heard about is Chinese Democracy, and I can't imagine they're completing more than 1 CD at this time. It just seems like the record
label just wants one, really good finished CD to release, and worry about the next record down the road.

How do you figure? There are at least 30 rumored tracks and that is the ones we have heard for  years, I am sure there are others we have not heard the title of either. Brian may said they had 2 full albums done back in 2001 or so. You really dont think they have more songs done?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »

What Brian May heard may be good, hell may be mind blowing. But if our favorite uncle doesn't think so, well...

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 08:46:42 PM »

good point Will.
Same point for me, WTF with the vocals? because this is what takes the most of time so it could mean no CD before a long time. Undecided

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 09:22:56 PM »

I think that the problem with the vocal parts is the lirycs. Seems he and the band wrote the music first, as he told Kurt Loder back in 1999:

Quote from: Axl Rose
Rose: In ways. What we're doing is we're rehearsing with different guitar players, and we're still recording. I'm doing the vocals. I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and it's a very difficult process for me.

I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it. That's kind of tough. It's like you got to go in against these new guys who kicked ass. You finally got the song musically where you wanted to, and then you have to figure out how to go in and kick its ass and be one person competing against this wall of sound.

Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music. "Oh My God" is a perfect example. When we finally got "Oh My God" where it needed to be, then I got the right words to it. With "Appetite," I wrote a lot of the words first, but in, like, "Oh My God," I wrote the words second, but the music was written like "Appetite." We kept developing it until it we got it right. [With] "Appetite," everything had been worked on, and worked on, and worked on. That was not the case with "Use Your Illusion."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 09:28:10 PM by Fuckin' Gunner » Logged

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 09:53:05 PM »

I know its not a lot but i hope this is of some help.....god knows we dont have much.  As far as the vocal work thing goes, im guessing that the music is continually evolving...im sure they have at least a few albums completed....just that it may be hard to have a defining sound like appetite, so work may continue till they have 3 very distinct albums.

But thats a guess.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 10:32:44 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's vocals that's holding CD up. That's likely the part of the recording process that most emphasizes Axl's perfectionism AND his insecurities. There will no doubt be some scrutiny of the lead guitarists because of Slash's departure- but basically we can expect that most critics and reviewers will be almost entirely focused on Axl's singing and lyrics. The slightest hint that Axl's lyrics/vocals are "forced", "fake", "insincere", "dated" etc. or that his voice is "weak" and the critics will cut CD up like an arts and crafts project irregardless of how great the band sounds.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 11:40:10 PM »

Most rumours tend towards that theory (and your info seems legit)...so I guess there's no fire without smoke.

don't think so, axl wanted to release an album earlier but it was stopped because some thought they could do better,
don't think they would have been releasein a instrumental album,? Tongue
and doug said in 01 i think, that they were 80 % vocal done and expected a release...

'm think that there is instrumental version of the album tho...
i'm sure it's not just axl and the musicians that delays, think it's the buisnesspeople too? ok
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 11:43:11 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 08:51:57 AM »

well, i dont belive its the vocals on Chinese Democracy they are talking about! Axl said himself there wil be 3 albums! And he wanna "put the final touches" on them before he is ready! So, maybe some of the "Axl still gotta do some vocal work" romours dont has anything to do with CD at all!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
discobiscuit1
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 10:12:04 AM »

have to say im suprised that only one person has IM me....after all this wait.....seems GNR  really is dead considering all the long term fanatics dont give a shit anymore.

Sorry Axl, it seems u blew it and slash etc were right......tko round one.

that scepticism aside IM me all u want happy to chat.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 10:26:36 AM »

have to say im suprised that only one person has IM me....after all this wait.....seems GNR? really is dead considering all the long term fanatics dont give a shit anymore.

So GNR is dead because no one doesn't want to IM you asking about that shitty rumour? If you still have something "important" inside fact, please feel free to share it for the board without that IM shit.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: