Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New NIN guitarist disses Robin
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New NIN guitarist disses Robin  (Read 9470 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: January 23, 2005, 10:49:48 AM »

Source:? blabbermouth.net

Gypsy note:? This is only the part that pertains to Robin.? I edited out the rest.

TRENT REZNOR Comments On New NINE INCH NAILS Lineup?

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has confirmed the group's new touring lineup as the following:

Aaron North (ex-THE ICARUS LINE) ? Guitar
Jerome Dillon ? Drums
Jeordie White (A PERFECT CIRCLE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) ? Bass
Alessandro Cortini - Keyboards

Commented Trent, "I am very excited about this and we fucking sound great. I've been saying I've wanted this incarnation of the band to be a departure and now it truly is.

"Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »

Isn't that Trent knocking Robin? I don't think the guitarist is saying anything here.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:16:27 AM »

yeah I agree SOH

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:18:53 AM »

Isn't that Trent knocking Robin? I don't think the guitarist is saying anything here.

yeah
I think that?s Trent saying that Robin is gone........... FOREVER!

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 11:23:56 AM »

When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past.

Read it again. ?Aaron pissing on Robin's shoes was the diss I was referring to. ?Trent said Robin's chapter in NIN was "A great chapter".

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 11:27:23 AM »

Haha.  It's a metaphor.  Robin didn't leave his shoes at Trent's house or anything.  He means that they went in expecting the new Robin and they ended up with someone who let them forget about Robin.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 11:30:58 AM »

When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past.

Read it again.  Aaron pissing on Robin's shoes was the diss I was referring to.  Trent said Robin's chapter in NIN was "A great chapter".
just read between the lines. Wink

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 11:34:30 AM »

I don?t see it dissing at all. It just means Robin belongs to GN'R.
NIN with Robin was great but of the past and no more. Now NIN has Aaron to create a new chapter with.

Good for them!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 11:35:59 AM »

Haha.? It's a metaphor.? Robin didn't leave his shoes at Trent's house or anything.? He means that they went in expecting the new Robin and they ended up with someone who let them forget about Robin.

Oh.? Okay.? Thanks, I see what youze mean now.? My mistake.

Edited to add:? I'm still gonna take that extra pair of sneakers and the sweater (that I keep at my office) home with me after I retire.? Just in case the next person to get my job has a bladder problem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 11:48:50 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 12:00:12 PM »

I think some1 wasnt too happy when one of his guitar players jumped ship to a uncool band. How dare some1 choose Axl that ego maniac over Trent......

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 12:02:56 PM »

I think some1 wasnt too happy when one of his guitar players jumped ship to a uncool band. How dare some1 choose Axl that ego maniac over Trent......

He's probably happy as fuck that he doesn't have to listen to Robin's off-key soloing anymore.  God knows I would be!

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

He's probably happy as fuck that he doesn't have to listen to Robin's off-key soloing anymore.  God knows I would be!
Yes! thats it  ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 12:30:45 PM »

Alessandro fit in immediately, but we looked all over for the right guitarist. In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong — effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past. This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital.

I think trent and robin are finished
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 01:05:15 PM »

Trent is bitter than Robin left him for Axl. That is why Trent tried to Steal Fortus from Axl.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 02:05:08 PM »

Trent is bitter than Robin left him for Axl. That is why Trent tried to Steal Fortus from Axl.

Do you even take yourself seriously?

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 03:05:05 PM »

Ok wise guy. You dont think that Trent is bitter that Robin left and Joined with Axl? Also why else would Trent ask Fortus to join NIN when he knows Fortus is in guns n roses? Hmmmm

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 03:14:55 PM »

Ok wise guy. You dont think that Trent is bitter that Robin left and Joined with Axl?

No, I don't.  See my previous comment:

Also why else would Trent ask Fortus to join NIN when he knows Fortus is in guns n roses? Hmmmm

You assume everyone is as immature as you are.   Assuming Trent even did ask Fortus, which I personally don't believe even happened anywhere other than some writer's imagination, maybe he just felt bad that Fortus didn't have anything else to do, and wanted to offer him a real job.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 03:32:23 PM »

Yep, he hated it so much he took Robin with him on TWO different tours, and he even released a live album with his participation  Roll Eyes
Your mindless provocation is getting ridiculous.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »

He's probably happy as fuck that he doesn't have to listen to Robin's off-key soloing anymore. 
Did you even bother reading the subject matter of the thread or was it beyond your comprehension? Roll Eyes
In retrospect, I believe we were looking for someone to fill Robin's [Finck] shoes. When Aaron walked through the door, he pissed on Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belong ? effectively closing a chapter. A great chapter, but one that is in the past.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 04:17:36 PM »

Ok wise guy. You dont think that Trent is bitter that Robin left and Joined with Axl?

No, I don't.? See my previous comment:

He's probably happy as fuck that he doesn't have to listen to Robin's off-key soloing anymore.? God knows I would be!

Also why else would Trent ask Fortus to join NIN when he knows Fortus is in guns n roses? Hmmmm

You assume everyone is as immature as you are.? ?Assuming Trent even did ask Fortus, which I personally don't believe even happened anywhere other than some writer's imagination, maybe he just felt bad that Fortus didn't have anything else to do, and wanted to offer him a real job.

The only person here being immature is you by the looks of your last few posts. 

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: