Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BigBoss does it again...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BigBoss does it again...  (Read 5323 times)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« on: January 23, 2005, 10:51:16 AM »

Bryan 'Brain' Mantia has told Splat that, to his knowledge, Buckethead's guitar parts will remain on the new Guns n'roses album, Chinese Democracy, despite him leaving the band in 2004. Brain also told us that Buckethead's penchant for circus/sci-fi style guitar parts has been reflected within the structure of songs on the new album, but he insisted that there were no entire Buckethead influenced songs on the new album.

Dizzy Reed has also confirmed to Splat that there will no cover songs on the new album, as there were on the previous Use Your Illusion albums. The only songs the new band have covered are the bands own songs from earlier albums. He then further stated that if you want cover songs, go and see his band Hookers and Blow, not that he was trying to plug himself or anything.

Band members are still waiting to hear a final confirmed released date for Chinese Democracy, although Sanctuary have allowed us to say that it will be released in 2005.

that's the post from the BigBoss from Splat, the new Rumourboard, which he posted a few hours ago.

if that's true, that's promising news.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:01:02 AM »

Band members are still waiting to hear a final confirmed released date for Chinese Democracy, although Sanctuary have allowed us to say that it will be released in 2005.

that's the post from the BigBoss from Splat, the new Rumourboard, which he posted a few hours ago.

Who is this "us" that they're referring to here?? BigBoss from Splat? or Brain & Dizzy?

P.S.? I'm disappointed if it's true that BH's parts were left on CD (because he's no longer part of the band) but I'm guessing it's because maybe they were parts to the songs that he wrote so there's writer's credits issues.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »

Who is this "us" that they're referring to here?? BigBoss from Splat? or Brain & Dizzy?

P.S.? I'm disappointed if it's true that BH's parts were left on CD (because he's no longer part of the band) but I'm guessing it's because maybe they were parts to the songs that he wrote so there's writer's credits issues.? Undecided

Why are you disapointed his parts are staying on the album? BH is an amazing guitiar player, plus if his parts were to be redone we wouldnt see the album in 2005

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »

Why are you disapointed his parts are staying on the album? BH is an amazing guitiar player, plus if his parts were to be redone we wouldnt see the album in 2005

? Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
thelostrose
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 11:20:11 AM »

Who is this "us" that they're referring to here?  BigBoss from Splat? or Brain & Dizzy?

P.S.  I'm disappointed if it's true that BH's parts were left on CD (because he's no longer part of the band) but I'm guessing it's because maybe they were parts to the songs that he wrote so there's writer's credits issues.  Undecided

IMO the us means Splat

insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »

Bryan 'Brain' Mantia has told Splat that, to his knowledge, Buckethead's guitar parts will remain on the new Guns n'roses album, Chinese Democracy, despite him leaving the band in 2004. Brain also told us that Buckethead's penchant for circus/sci-fi style guitar parts has been reflected within the structure of songs on the new album, but he insisted that there were no entire Buckethead influenced songs on the new album.

Dizzy Reed has also confirmed to Splat that there will no cover songs on the new album, as there were on the previous Use Your Illusion albums. The only songs the new band have covered are the bands own songs from earlier albums. He then further stated that if you want cover songs, go and see his band Hookers and Blow, not that he was trying to plug himself or anything.

um..if I were you, I'd re read this and pay close attention to the words "to his knowledge".

that right there tells me that BH's parts are left open to be on the album or left off the album.

in other words, Brian, to his knowledge, belives BH's parts will be on the album........but when is the last time Brian spoke or heard from Axl?? This album has been pushed back so much and no one seems to really know what is going on with it except for Mr. Rose.? This "to his knowledge" could be what he believed prior to Axl making more changes on it.

Look at how many times Tommy has said things and people are now bashing him because of what he's said.

I don't want it now to begin with Brain.

People, live 2005 for yourself.  And if we do get CD in 2005, it'll be an added bonus for 2005. 

I for one, believe CD will surface in 2005.? And whoever Axl decides to have on it............CD will rock, no doubt.

If everyone stops stressing about when it'll come out and focus on something else, it'll come out.

Key words people.........pay attention to them so if you find out that BH isn't on the album, you all aren't calling "Brain" a liar and then some others.

Just an fyi Wink
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 11:38:33 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
thelostrose
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »

um..if I were you, I'd re read this and pay close attention to the words "to his knowledge".

that right there tells me that BH's parts are left open to be on the album or left off the album.

in other words, Brian, to his knowledge, belives BH's parts will be on the album........but when is the last time Brian spoke or heard from Axl?  This album has been pushed back so much and no one seems to really know what is going on with it except for Mr. Rose.  This "to his knowledge" could be what he believed prior to Axl making more changes on it.

I for one, believe CD will surface in 2005.  And whoever Axl decides to have on it............CD will rock, no doubt.

Key words people.........pay attention to them so if you find out that BH isn't on the album, you all aren't calling "Brain" a liar and then some others.

Just an fyi Wink

i paid attention to the words he used, but i think we shouldn't interpret too much into words.
let's just hope that 2005 is the year!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »

can we please ban that board from thise site? PLEASSEEEEEEEEEE?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 12:41:25 PM »

2005? So that's an 11 month time frame...I've got the feeling they said that so people wouldn't bother them about it anymore.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 01:07:40 PM »

That site sucks and they dont know shit about shit. They always make these claims and are never right.
Now that site claims the album will be out sometime in 2005. Damn I guess they cant be wrong now eh unless the album never comes out.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 01:10:23 PM »

I'm also against the fact BH's parts stay on the album. So when the album is released we'll hear guitar solos by a guy who is no longer in the band? Come on...the press will take a real pleasure to criticize that point! ?I can already see the press titles: "the has-been line-up album", "the album by the line-up which hasn't been updated for 2 years", "the present album for a past line-up" etc... The press will destroy this new band.

I think BH parts should be erased and redone by Richad Fortus and Robin Finck.
Don't give the press arguments to critizice yourself. Lock every possibility for it to happen. It's called comunication and the GN'R camp seems very weack and that point.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 01:15:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 01:15:14 PM »

I'm also against the fact BH's parts stay on the album. So when the album is released we'll hear guitar solos by a guy who is no longer in the band?
Were u against Izzys work staying on the Illusions? Bucket was part of this band and a big part.
If his contributions elevated the material then hell yea it should stay on. and there always a chance Bucket can come back. the door is always open so I hear.

the press will take a real pleasure to criticize that point
First off why are you always so wrapped up with the press? Secondly he guitar work is good I doubt they will say anything. A lot of the media actually likes Bucket. i ahte to burst your bubble about that. No1 can deny talent

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 01:17:12 PM »

When the illusions were released, Izzy was still in the band. His departure happened after and nobody could have known it when the Illusions went out.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »

and then he left shortly after that. Did that take away from the album and what peopel ahd to say about it?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 01:22:24 PM »

Adlers drums were left on civil war and no one cared.  BHs parts will be on there, I am sure Freese may have parts on there, huge and may too, none of which are in the band. 

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 01:42:40 PM »

none of them have ever been considered as "real" members. They were more like a collaboration. There is no problem with collaboration. and for steven adler, one song is different that an entire album.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 01:46:32 PM »

I understand what you're saying, dave-gnfnr2k.? I'm sure there's probably a lot of artists that contributed to CD that aren't in the current line-up but will still be on the album.? It's just my thinking that CD is the beginning of a new era for GNR and to start it off with someone who is no longer in the band being such a major part? of the "sound/style" is just gonna take away from the current member line-up and the future sound/style.

I know I worded that sucky but I hope youze get what I mean.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 02:09:22 PM »

Nesquick, the only reason you dont want Bucketheads stuff on the record is because you dont like Buckethead. All I have been reading from you these past 2 years is how Buckethead and Robin dont fit the image of GN'R and all this other bullshit. Bucketheads parts should be on the record no matter what, because he is a great guitarist and he was a part of making the music that will be on Chinese Democracy. I'm sure Axl can find someone who can play his parts, Buckethead isnt the only person who can play that style of guitar.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 02:13:16 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »

Nesquick, the only reason you dont want Bucketheads stuff on the record is because you dont like Buckethead. All I have been reading from you these past 2 years is how Buckethead and Robin dont fit the image of GN'R and all this other bullshit. Bucketheads parts should be on the record no matter what, because he is a great guitarist and he was a part of making the music that will be on Chinese Democracy. I'm sure Axl can find someone who can play his parts, Buckethead isnt the only person who can play that style of guitar.

Then GN'R must look for a new guitarist, cause no way Finck or Fortus can play BH's parts.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 02:18:24 PM »

Then GN'R must look for a new guitarist, cause no way Finck or Fortus can play BH's parts.

I was thinking that, too.  Although ... they could make Finck try to play the solos and bill it as a comedy show!  rofl

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: