Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Could Izzy join VR?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could Izzy join VR?  (Read 2136 times)
izzy29
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: January 22, 2005, 12:37:20 AM »

I remember when they were auditioning singers for the band that Izzy was jamming with slash, duff, and matt. And that he was possibly writing material with them. But as we all know he didnt join the band. Is it because he knew there would be alot of touring involved? Since Izzy is known for despising long tours! Considering the fact that he has jammed with the band at a few concerts, do you guys think he might collaborate with VR for their next album?? Wishful thinking i'm sure, but if Izzy were to join the album could be a monstrosity!! Maybe the closest thing the world will get to another AFD!!!
jgfnsr
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:58:25 AM »

I remember when they were auditioning singers for the band that Izzy was jamming with slash, duff, and matt. And that he was possibly writing material with them. But as we all know he didnt join the band. Is it because he knew there would be alot of touring involved? Since Izzy is known for despising long tours! Considering the fact that he has jammed with the band at a few concerts, do you guys think he might collaborate with VR for their next album?? Wishful thinking i'm sure, but if Izzy were to join the album could be a monstrosity!! Maybe the closest thing the world will get to another AFD!!!

Join the band?  No.

But having Izzy Stradlin' once again involved in the writing process would only be a plus for Velvet Revolver.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:05:59 AM »

Izzys certainly proven to be an honorary VR member, but I dont think hell be anything more than that.  Im certain he would positively hate working with Weiland on anything long-term, and Weiland, unfortunately, doesnt seem too interested in Izzys writing contributions.  So I dont expect anything more than a few guest appearences with the band, which is already extremely cool.  I wouldnt mind a few promo photos either...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 08:16:02 AM »

No. What would they do with Kushner? Kick him out? Besides Izzy can't tour... It would be cool if he wrote some songs though. Didn't Slash say the second album will contain songs they could'nt fit on the first one? Maybe some unused Izzy material will be lying around! ok

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:30:51 AM »

I don't think there will be Izzy songs on the second VR album, cause Scott said he didn't get inspired by Izzy's songs, cause they where too "classic rock sounding" (Probably too much like GN'R Wink )

But the ten songs with Izzy where professionally recorded in a studio in the same street where Kelly Schaeffer was waiting for his audition, while he was waiting three hours they where recording. Slash said two years ago that Izzy might release them as a solo album and last year he said that he still has the tapes of it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:36:11 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 09:42:35 AM »

First hope would be Izzy reunited with Axl. If that's out of the question amongst them two, I'd love to see Izzy join the VR, write music, and perform and tour with the band ok.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 11:28:04 PM »

I doubt he would ever be a part of the band.  I sure would like to hear something from him Slash and Duff at sometime though. The chemistry is just great, Izzy brings out the best in Slash..

mjf86
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 06:40:56 AM »

If Izzy joined VR they would be even more GN'R than Axl and his new tributes.

mjf86

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: