Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:22:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Remember what Slash said about CD??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remember what Slash said about CD??  (Read 5480 times)
izzy29
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: January 22, 2005, 12:01:06 AM »

On the VH1 documentary he said that Axl had not done any vocals on Chinese Democracy, and that he knew that for a fact. With all the conflicting info from current GNR members who say its finished and then the next minute their saying the tracklist isnt set and vocals still need to be done its looking like Slash was not joking after all!! I bet Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Matt are laughing their asses off!! I also remember a few years ago Zakk Wylde went to the studio and seen Axl and he also said it was only music that had been recorded!! And do you guys remember when Axl asked Moby to come in and produce some of the material? Moby gave up in frustration because no vocals had been laid down on the tracks!! I also think Dave Navarro had a similar experience when Axl asked him to do some work with him after the Oh my God session. Is it just me or do you guys see a pattern here? If Axl were to die tommorow, and the record company released CD, is it gonna be an instrumental record? I'm an optimist like alot of you guys, but things definitely are NOT looking good!! If this album does not come out by this coming christmas, I think Axl should do a press conference on CNN and announce his retirement from the music industry. And then maybe all of us can move on with our lives and stop agonizing over this album!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:10:15 AM »

Slash didn't say that on the VH1 documentary. And you could live with your life without waiting for this CD, as Axl said.

jgfnsr
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 12:10:42 AM »

On the VH1 documentary he said that Axl had not done any vocals on Chinese Democracy, and that he knew that for a fact. With all the conflicting info from current GNR members who say its finished and then the next minute their saying the tracklist isnt set and vocals still need to be done its looking like Slash was not joking after all!! I bet Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Matt are laughing their asses off!! I also remember a few years ago Zakk Wylde went to the studio and seen Axl and he also said it was only music that had been recorded!! And do you guys remember when Axl asked Moby to come in and produce some of the material? Moby gave up in frustration because no vocals had been laid down on the tracks!! I also think Dave Navarro had a similar experience when Axl asked him to do some work with him after the Oh my God session. Is it just me or do you guys see a pattern here? If Axl were to die tommorow, and the record company released CD, is it gonna be an instrumental record? I'm an optimist like alot of you guys, but things definitely are NOT looking good!! If this album does not come out by this coming christmas, I think Axl should do a press conference on CNN and announce his retirement from the music industry. And then maybe all of us can move on with our lives and stop agonizing over this album!!

First, you and I know as much as Slash does about the current workings of Guns N' Roses.

Second, that was then, this is now. ?Obviously Axl has done the vocals to at least a portion of what the new band has recorded.

Third, we'll all see who really has the last laugh after Chinese Democracy is released.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 12:12:56 AM »

Yea, I remember when Slash said that, he got hammered here unmercifully, by the usual suspects. Turns out he was most likely telling the truth, though I never had any reason to doubt him.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 12:25:49 AM »

I would believe Slash if he really said that.

With the right connections, and the right amount of spite, he could find out what's going on with Axl and co.

He has both.

Contraband, I think could be ripped apart by Axl's own work,

But as for playing live ... having seen Velvet Revolver, I think Axl has a lot to fear.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 12:37:28 AM »

But as for playing live ... having seen Velvet Revolver, I think Axl has a lot to fear.
Yeah, right.  hihi
Anyway, I guess Tommy said that he heard some final mixes, so how could  Slash be right?

jgfnsr
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 12:54:04 AM »

I agree completely.

Axl and the new band's greatest strength will show from the studio.? And if it is ultimately realized, it should far eclipse anything from Velvet Revolver.

A live-act is another story.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 02:05:06 AM »

Slash is definately in the know because Geffon gave them $13M advance when Slash was still in GNR. Geffon would have contacted Slash after he left because it was a blow to their investment. They must have tried to get him to rejoin GNR at some point, and kept him updated on the record. Slash has the same contacts in Hollywood Axl does, so there is no doubt he knows to some extent whats going on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 02:13:33 AM by jabba2 » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 02:39:18 AM »

Dead horse?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 03:12:50 AM »

Slash said that Axl had only a couple of songs with vocals on them. It can mean that Axl finished 5 songs, or he finished 10 songs of the 50 instrumental tracks. Anyway, he surely knows much more about CD than we do, and he could have been right. The bigges factor that's holding back CD is Axl - his psyche and working ethics.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 03:24:54 AM »

why should axl announce anything? why should he retire?  cause you think so?  I think you should call cnn and announce you dont know what you are talking about.
SADIS
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 04:45:05 AM »

I agree completely.

Axl and the new band's greatest strength will show from the studio.? And if it is ultimately realized, it should far eclipse anything from Velvet Revolver.

A live-act is another story.

Imagine how fuckin unbelievably, incredible the combination must have been when they were still together, it would have beat the shit out of everything. A great studio record and an amazing live performance.....damn it was the BEST band ever, such a shame they couldn't work out their differences.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 05:56:04 AM »

I have a silly theory, GN'R tracks are still instrumental because Axl wants to have an operation to fix his vocal chords. It's funny  Cheesy but the lead singer of Scorpions, Claus had a common operation and his voice is good again. I don't believe anything like that. I just mention it. Also, Bonnie Tyler's voice accidentally became more "raw" after a failed operation. She is too lucky that her new voice was really cool.
Once, these operations were insecure, now they are more reliable.
Could that be a solution for the tired Axl's voice?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 07:21:10 AM »

In the 2002 tour promo we`ve heard vocal parts of chinese democracy, the blues and madagascar and tommy said that he has heard some of the final mixes. maybe it`s a good sign and axl recorded the vocal parts in 2004...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 09:51:02 AM »

Slash knows the same as we do and Slash prob has no conextions and like some one said here the couple of vocals parts were prob the parts down when Slash and that were still in the band

EEEERRRR Little boy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 11:55:50 AM »

Geffon gave them $13M advance when Slash was still in GNR.
Really? This is news to me. Could you source it?
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »

You people who think you know as much as Slash does regarding CD are more delusional than even the most delusional nitwits. This is a man who can pick up the phone & talk to Clive Davis, David Geffen, Merck, Dizzy, etc... whenever he wants. Can any of you? I didn't think so. This is also a man who is most likely friendly & probably knows and/or is on a first name basis with most studio owners, producers, engineers, studio techs, p.a's, board ops in town, or at least the ones or some of the ones his higness, err, I mean axl, is working with.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 01:25:33 PM »

well, providman, dude, I think that everyone who works WITH Axl, or anyway WITH Geffen, Sanctuary and studios FOR Axl projects HAD NEVER say anything to Slash. I think is obvious. GnR camp is very very tight with everyone... included Slash & Co.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 12:49:29 AM »

doug goldstein said they were 80% vocally done in 2000...
axl said that they wanted to release but was stopped... on this page  Wink
shows what slash or his sources knows beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: