Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What attracts you to Axl Rose ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What attracts you to Axl Rose ?  (Read 8870 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: January 21, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »

I am curious.

After all these years, what attracts you to the the phenomenon " Axl Rose" ?

I mean aside from voice, stage presence, bla bla bla.

It's got to be something else if you are all, like myself, still here, and still waiting in the hope new music is offered to us.

Nothing to say
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 09:01:40 PM »

the braids.  ok

and that smile.

Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 09:04:19 PM »

The monthly paycheck.

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 09:08:34 PM »

I'm not here waiting for anything.
I'm here celebrating what once was, and I'm quite satisfied with the fact that it will never be again.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 09:09:30 PM »

The monthly paycheck.

Sharp and sarcastic, i like it. Was it realistic though ? Wink

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 09:17:16 PM »

I'm here celebrating what once was, and I'm quite satisfied with the fact that it will never be again.

How sad though. Axl is a fiction, William was the man on stage, and William had talent and probably still has. I would have liked to see this proud fiery soul on stage once more, with self assurance and love of a well done work along with mastering of one's craft.

Nothing to say
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

jessica , to be quite honest you didnt leave alot of room for intereptation did you?

you didnt want us to say "voice , stage presence etc etc blah blah blah" ... so I mean how could we really answer it?

"yeah , I'm hear cause I'm hoping axl breaks out the "form" fitting bicycle shorts of the old days"

I'll tell you why I'm still an axl fan since 1987 .. his voice , lyrics and stage presence .. I think axl is the greatest rock n fucking frontman to ever get onstage .. he's also the greatest rock n roll lyric writer and singer .. ever. But thats just my opinion and just my opinion why I still wanna hear "real" news about him and why I still WISH he would release Democracy.

I kinda was let down by most of the new songs but madagascar and OMG and to a lesser extent the title track are classic axl rose , only a lil more mature.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 09:33:37 PM »

jessica , to be quite honest you didnt leave alot of room for intereptation did you?

you didnt want us to say "voice , stage presence etc etc blah blah blah" ... so I mean how could we really answer it?

"yeah , I'm hear cause I'm hoping axl breaks out the "form" fitting bicycle shorts of the old days"

I'll tell you why I'm still an axl fan since 1987 .. his voice , lyrics and stage presence .. I think axl is the greatest rock n fucking frontman to ever get onstage .. he's also the greatest rock n roll lyric writer and singer .. ever. But thats just my opinion and just my opinion why I still wanna hear "real" news about him and why I still WISH he would release Democracy.

I kinda was let down by most of the new songs but madagascar and OMG and to a lesser extent the title track are classic axl rose , only a lil more mature.

Thank you for being honest and i know i idn' leave much room for interpretation.

Maybe i want to go deeper into people's souls for once.

They always have usual and typical answers, and very rationnal ones, but sometimes, the why we are attracted to people is totally irrational.

That's why i am hoping to find more " creative" answers. And more honest ones too.

PS : He does have a great singing voice, presence and has an influence on people.

Nothing to say
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 09:45:35 PM »

Thank you for being honest and i know i idn' leave much room for interpretation.

Maybe i want to go deeper into people's souls for once.

They always have usual and typical answers, and very rationnal ones, but sometimes, the why we are attracted to people is totally irrational.

That's why i am hoping to find more " creative" answers. And more honest ones too.

PS : He does have a great singing voice, presence and has an influence on people.

Well jessica , Axl Rose , through his lyrics , voice and videos were there through some of the best , worst and confusing times of my life .. you cant just shut that kinda influnce out .. thats why I guess I'll always be an Axl Rose fan no matter what BS happens. Album or no album.

That said , the same goes for the rest of the original gunners , they were there too , maybe not as "much" as axl , since axl WAS infact the guy singing but the music was also huge to me .. I dunno. I guess I was the "right" age , going through the wrong "things" and they were the "perfect" band to compliment my "lifestyle" ... those kinda years get "forged" into ones pysche after awhile.  Huh

peace and respect!

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 10:41:34 PM »

2me exept from voice and and that, i was 9-10 and had long (white) messy hair like axl in wttj
so it was kinda cool style too  Smiley

got hooked by the voice, music and image at 5-6 age

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 11:26:43 PM »

Nothing musically.

For me, he's an intriguing figure, the same way Howard Hughes was. 

I find his eccentricities absolutely fascinating.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jgfnsr
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 11:38:05 PM »

Nothing musically.

For me, he's an intriguing figure, the same way Howard Hughes was.?

Oh c'mon Falcon.

I realize you're one for the "rockers."  No emotional ballads or piano-driven epics for you; considered by many to be Axl's forte'.

But "nothing musically?"  I don't believe that.

For that to be true -

1) You'd have to believe that Axl had nothing to do with the "rockers" that are the attraction to GN'R for you.

2) You, known by all as the board's ultimate "realist," most likely wouldn't be coming around anymore.  There is a part of you that's just itchin' for Chinese Democracy just like the rest of us.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 11:39:22 PM »

Nothing musically.

For me, he's an intriguing figure, the same way Howard Hughes was.?

But howard hughes died in pain, alone and hooked on painkillers as well as heroine. A sorrowful ending for such a man. I hope Axl never turns out the same.

Nothing to say
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 05:32:35 AM »

I am curious.

After all these years, what attracts you to the the phenomenon " Axl Rose" ?

I mean aside from voice, stage presence, bla bla bla.

It's got to be something else if you are all, like myself, still here, and still waiting in the hope new music is offered to us.

Genius. Plain and simple. I imagine he would be the most fasinating bloke to sit down and have a beer and a chat with.

Shut up and leave then!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 07:26:33 AM »

Its the full package! The additude, the look, the personality, and the talent. I have to admit, I have always been drawn to guys like him.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 07:50:41 AM »

I cant describe it, since I started to love his full style when I was about 6 years old. There was, is and will be a natural feeling.

edit: He is the most interesting human I know, I've allways loved his stage performance (especially when I saw him running around and dance).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 07:53:54 AM by M. Philly Rose » Logged

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 08:26:33 AM »

Nothing. The guy's an eccentric fuck who can sing.

Fuck 'Em All.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 08:42:34 AM »

headscratch Attractions?
The band he leads. Oh My God, Chinese Democracy and Riyadh. 

the braids.  ok

and that smile.

and the Cheek. yes
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »

beside the "rational things" like voice, lyrics, music

i have to say that i love how he thinks he is sooooo cooool on stage, but is not.

he is so ridiculous.but doesnt care. he doesnt care, thats what i like.
he is the lamest, craziest, dumbest, ridiculousest, pathetic, arrogant, brat you can imagine, but still thinks is cool.
he rants like he is genius while his sentences are barely composed of 3 words.
he talks about politics and all while he is just a redneck.
he tries to make deep philosophical rants (chicago 92) while he barely graduate from 1st grade.

and STILL FUCKIN THINKS HE'S COOL.

thats my definition of axl rose : he thinks he is so cool while he is just a lame "clich?". i love that.

axl rocks (rocked)

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 09:16:35 AM »

Axl's(and GNR's) music has an affect on me like no other music. I can identify so much with the lyrics in the songs. I've always had a hard time with words and expressing the way I feel. Axl does this almost with perfection for me in many of the songs. What also attracts me to him is the mystery that surrounds him. We don't know the William. We only know the Axl. But I like his "reclusiveness" if you want to call it that. And the way he keeps a low profile. It's  very respectful. He also seems very supportive and generous to the people he loves and cares for. I like to think these characteristics remind me of myself a bit. He also says what's on him mind alot. He's not afraid to say it or who hears it. Maybe later on he regrets alot of what's he's said or done. But it only makes him human like the rest of us.

I'd be crazy to leave out his looks and the attractiveness that so many women have for him. Some may say it's vanity to mention looks. But it's an attention that he gets that's envious by many of us. There's alot of attractiveness from attention given by someone.

Worthy of note: Axl's simply an amazing writer and performer. His stage presence is unlike anyone else.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: