Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy article from Philadelphia (says April release)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy article from Philadelphia (says April release)  (Read 9588 times)
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« on: January 21, 2005, 05:46:43 PM »

It seems like Tommy is the master of interviews these days but heres a piece of an article about groups touring Philadelphia this year from the South Philly (Philadelphia) Review...

For those who attended the quasi-riot at the Guns 'N' Roses no-show, GNR bassist Tommy Stinson claims the band is coming back and will actually perform this time.

"We ower Philly," Stinson said. He wouldn'y elaborate about the aforementioned debacle. "That's all still in litigation." But he promised that GNR would be on the road this year after the release of Chinese Democracy in April.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 05:51:06 PM »

Hmmm, you have a source for this article?  I mean I always thought Philly would be the first stop on the next tour.  Man it really is coming huh? My god CDSN...hopefully.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 05:52:17 PM »

isn't that special..... hihi
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 06:14:24 PM »

http://www.southphillyreview.com/view_article.php?id=2916

Source  Smiley
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 06:20:33 PM »

bullshit...those quotes from tommy must be old...and/or they just used a bunch of rumors to make up that article...because, there is no way chinese democracy can be out in april... in that other recent article, tommy said that they were still recording vocals and mixing...now, according to this, he says it's out in april?....one of the two articles must be bullshit, and i'm guessing it's this one

i seriously doubt tommy told them it will be out in april...they probably got the april date from the google search, or just from the rumors of an april release...then they worded it to make it sound like tommy said "april"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 06:40:15 PM by blues rocker » Logged
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »

hmmm I think I'll wait n see

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 06:40:05 PM »

I must be in the typing mood, because I e-mailed the guy too.  So Dizzy says February and Tommy is saying April?? Who knows anymore......
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 06:44:40 PM »

I too have always said that GNR would start the new tour in Philly with a FREE show, maybe two. You heard it here...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 06:50:14 PM »

I don't know about the tour starting again in Philly (it would be nice) but I dont think this article is trying to say that.

These are some confusing time for us GNR fans, but of course when has there ever been sanity Embarrassed
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 08:45:49 PM »

I too have always said that GNR would start the new tour in Philly with a FREE show, maybe two. You heard it here...

Riiight.... ok
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »

two months of heavy promotion would certainly be enough to get this album going though .. but for an april release promotion would have to start early febuary though , no?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

"We ower Philly," Stinson said. He wouldn'y elaborate about the aforementioned debacle. "That's all still in litigation." But he promised that GNR would be on the road this year after the release of Chinese Democracy in April.

With GN'R fans, it's not a good idea to give a date. I think they should just say "it will come out soon", because band members have said dates in the past and, well...we're going almost three years since the last show.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 08:51:23 PM »

maybe the promotion will start at the superbowl. Hear me out first though, GNR have been offered a spot on the new batman movie soundtrack. Now supposidely the trailer for the movie will air during the superbowl. Maybe just maybe it will have a new guns song in it as well.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »

Hear me out first though, GNR have been offered a spot on the new batman movie soundtrack.

source?  peace

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 08:56:38 PM »

Hear me out first though, GNR have been offered a spot on the new batman movie soundtrack.

source?  peace

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=198
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 08:59:55 PM »

meh , I dont register at rumor mongering forums like that .. would it be possible for you to copy and paste what the "bigg boss" said this time?  Huh

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 09:03:56 PM »

bigboss: New in today, a source has said that Guns n'roses will be offered a space on the soundtrack

The film is due out on June 15th 2005

gigger: Hans Zimmer worked on Black Hawk Down which we all know caused a lot of problems in the Guns camp! He also worked on Days of Thunder which GnR featured on.

There is also a rumour circulating that a Batman Begins preview will be aired at the Superbowl. Maybe GnR will have a song during the preview? Just a thought, slightly tongue in cheek mind you! Laughing

James Newton Howard is also friends with Paul Buckmaster who of course worked with GnR on Madagascar, There was a Time and Prostitute.

I love trying to give some credibility to these rumours!

---------------
im just throwing out ideas here  peace
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »

bigboss: New in today, a source has said that Guns n'roses will be offered a space on the soundtrack

The film is due out on June 15th 2005

gigger: Hans Zimmer worked on Black Hawk Down which we all know caused a lot of problems in the Guns camp! He also worked on Days of Thunder which GnR featured on.

There is also a rumour circulating that a Batman Begins preview will be aired at the Superbowl. Maybe GnR will have a song during the preview? Just a thought, slightly tongue in cheek mind you! Laughing

James Newton Howard is also friends with Paul Buckmaster who of course worked with GnR on Madagascar, There was a Time and Prostitute.

I love trying to give some credibility to these rumours!

---------------
im just throwing out ideas here  peace

Thanks for that info.  Looks like alot of this guy worked with that guy who is connected to this guy and that guy stuff .. nobody says how they "know" gnr has been offered a "slot" on any soundtrack.

I'll be skeptical , like I am with all rumors. No harm reading them .. but let's not get too involved in them  , ya know?

It will be nice to see something finally happen so we can finally have peace from rumors and heresay!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

"We owe Philly," Stinson said.
They owe Philly? Huh? ?What about owing the other 15 cities where shows were cancelled, especially Vancouver? ?confused

But he promised that GNR would be on the road this year after the release of Chinese Democracy in April.
April would be believable if the lawsuit ruling (due sometime in March I think) goes in Axl's favor. ?Even though the lawsuit doesn't have anything to do with Chinese Democracy, maybe if it goes Axl's way, he'll want to use that timing to shut up all the "versus" people once and for all.

Whatever the timing and whatever the reason .....? AS LONG AS IT'S SOON!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »

one city at a time Gypsy. Let's get these guys together on the stage again and work from there.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: