Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 08:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Tommy article: very interesting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Tommy article: very interesting  (Read 9679 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 08:04:30 AM »

They claim to have spoken to him!!!

Come on people, please stay positive!! I think we are that fucking close now!! Havent we all learnt by now not to listen to rumours?Huh?
Its a newspaper article, not a rumor.

My point purely is that they claimed to have spoken to him thats all!! Have newpapers articles never been wrong or inaccurate before then?Huh

A very interesting one. They claim they spoke to tommy on the phone earlier
this week.

Come on people, please stay positive!! I think we are that fucking close now!!

Axl in ROCK IN RIO 3 ( 2001 )

"WE WILL BE BACK NEXT SUMMER WITH BUNCH OF NEW SONGS!"

ROCK IN RIO LISBON confirmed GNR and then... drool
what about that Axl statment about Buckehead and the "hope to bla bla bla in a FEW MONTHS" ?

how many times did you see Dizzy or Tommy saying "final touches" along these years?
" a hair?s breath" ... ahhh comon

yep yep yep ... I?m fucking positive now rant

what about that Axl stat

If you wanna be that upset and negative about it all, then thats your problem! I just dont see what the point is, in ranting on about it. When for once we seem to be that close to getting what we have all been waiting for! Dont get me wrong I get frustrated about it all too, but why start bringing up old quotes and rattling on about them??

couse EVERY LITTLE RUMOR bring my hopes up, every little lack of "good news" bring my hopes up... but seems that or they don?t even know whadafuck is going on is their band or they are just lying to the fans, like that boring guy that want to be your frind when you?re 12 years old and you always say something like "yeah sure..." then look to the other side and laugh with your friends... ( I DID this a few times when I was a kid and I?m not proud of it if you ask me! )

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 08:35:59 AM »

calm down.. Stay tuned for news on Chinese Democracy in February  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 09:05:55 AM »

how do u guys know that GN'R aint suffering legal problems. if u look at the amount of lawsuits against them, then that might be whats slowing gn'r.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 09:23:52 AM »

Legal problems.  I am tired of that excuse.  Still vocals to be layed down?  Jesus!  I wonder if Axl is even joins the other new GNR members in the studio.  I don't think the Chinese Democracy is ever coming out.  What good will staying positive do?  Axl keeps his fans in the dark and takes them for granted.  He is a great frontman, but he is a recluse.   

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
RichardNixon
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 09:35:14 AM »

Could it suck anymore to be a Guns N' Roses fan. I mean, for crying out loud, "more vocals need to be laid down"? WTF? The whole Chinese Democracy album is just one big cock-tease and the gunners of the world will have blue-balls 'till their dying day.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 09:52:25 AM »

What could possibly be left to finish on a record that has been at least, oh, a decade in the works? Some vocal parts and mixes, Stinson said, adding that once the band decides what songs make the final cut, GNR will, oh yes, tour.

Tommy is full of it. He first says a few months ago that he had heard the final mixes and the album  was done, now he changes his mind again...

Ok about the article, tommy says there are some vocal parts to be finished, not vocals to be added. That could mean there are some vocal parts that haven't been mixed yet. If Axl had to add more vocals we could be talking about a 9-12 month delay, but from what I gathered, the album is almost finished.." being finished as we speak"

I personally think the album's been finished for a while now, the only thing holding it back is legal issues; that could be contracts, lawsuits over past albums royalties and/or with promoters...

So, don't kill yourselves yet people.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 09:53:42 AM »

Could it suck anymore to be a Guns N' Roses fan. I mean, for crying out loud, "more vocals need to be laid down"? WTF? The whole Chinese Democracy album is just one big cock-tease and the gunners of the world will have blue-balls 'till their dying day.

Dont believe everything you read for fucks sake!!! Why give up on the band now?Huh

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 10:09:46 AM »

I don't think anyone can realistically give up.  I mean as pissed as I am, if Chinese Democracy ever would come out, I would get it the same day as all the fans that stayed positive.  But hell, you can't help but get frustrated.   Why does Axl have to be such a freakin recluse?

What kind of bass player doesn't know when his bands album is being finished?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 10:20:58 AM »

Give up if you really want for god?s sake. Go ahead! hihi

As for the article, I must say it's an odd piece for an interview. Watch the quotation marks, whether direct or indirect speech. Which one did Tommy actually say to the writer on the phone earlier this week?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2005, 10:41:12 AM »

Dont believe everything you read for fucks sake!!!

So the newspaper made it up?

I personally think the album's been finished for a while now, the only thing holding it back is legal issues; that could be contracts, lawsuits over past albums royalties and/or with promoters...

I think Tommys word is a little more reliable...If the album is actually done, why would Tommy lie about it?
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »

What's new? Fuck Tommy and Dizzy! Those two fucks would say anything to keep everyone happy.

Why don't they just tell the truth. Axl is so insane, compulsive, and parnoid that he just can't finish it.... or whatever the fuck is going on. It's just funny how many times they have lied to us about the album's state.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005, 10:44:11 AM »

I think Tommys word is a little more reliable...If the album is actually done, why would Tommy lie about it?

Maybe to throw all of us off? ?Hell who knows? ?Maybe Axl is planning something big? ?If thats the case, I'm sure he doesn't want his bass player spilling the beans before he does.

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2005, 10:52:20 AM »

Even though I posted the article, I've allways remained positive. Truly, you can't miss something that hasn't happened yet, so if C.D. doesn't come out after all, you won't have missed anything (god, i'm sounding axl-ish hihi).

anyway, possibly the interview is a bit old...

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2005, 10:57:27 AM »

Maybe to throw all of us off? ?Hell who knows? ?Maybe Axl is planning something big? ?If thats the case, I'm sure he doesn't want his bass player spilling the beans before he does.

Spilling what beans?  Tommys already said before that the album is a "hairs breadth" from being finished...either way, its being help up.  Now if its being held up by legal isssues instead of simply being incomplete, why wouldnt Tommy say so?

If you sincerely think hes trying to throw fans, I think you might be in denial.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2005, 11:04:11 AM »

Dont believe everything you read for fucks sake!!!

So the newspaper made it up?

Well, lying is a very heavy word, maybe he is hiding some information due to contract restrictions...

A few months ago the album was finished. He had heard a few "final mixes"...now he says "vocal parts need to be finished" well if the album was finished then, how come there are still some vocals to be finished?

These contradicting statements suggest that there may be reasons ( other than the ones given) ?on why the CD is constantly delayed.

Either way, the sad true is none of his previous statements about the album have been accurate. They all have been vague..." sooner before later"..." is almost finished..." we've been hearing the same crap for the past two years now.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2005, 11:11:28 AM »

So, you sincerely think Tommy really told the writer the lot in the article on the phone early this week, 17~19 Jan 05?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2005, 11:18:24 AM »

So, you sincerely think Tommy really told the writer the lot in the article on the phone early this week, 17~19 Jan 05?

If hes really playing there on Saturday, then yeah...why not?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2005, 11:33:54 AM »

same shit with different words.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2005, 11:37:19 AM »

What's new? Fuck Tommy and Dizzy! Those two fucks would say anything to keep everyone happy.

Why don't they just tell the truth. Axl is so insane, compulsive, and parnoid that he just can't finish it.... or whatever the fuck is going on. It's just funny how many times they have lied to us about the album's state.

Now your just trying to cause trouble

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2005, 11:49:13 AM »

A few months ago the album was finished. He had heard a few "final mixes"...now he says "vocal parts need to be finished" well if the album was finished then, how come there are still some vocals to be finished?

Maybe the songs that still need vocals are not the ones that were being mixed last time around?
It it's the case though, I must admit it is strange. It was always my understanding that you go into the mixing phase when everything else is finished.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: