Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash On Leaving GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash On Leaving GNR  (Read 12629 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »

You still havent explained what drive he has lost...
The drive that creates music like he once created

What does this mean?? Slashs approach to making songs, or albums, hasnt really changed in 20 years.? Youre speaking in incredibly muddled terms.? How does Slash "jam" on albums when theres in fact no "jamming" on the album.? Everything is structured and concise.?
Hes not trying to change the face of music with his albums. Hes plugging it in and what comes out is the album. Hes not there trying to create a masterpiece.

Okay...again, he been that way for 20 years.? He was that way when he made Appetite For Destruction...a pretty important record.
Yes, and what has that same drive gotten him since he left gnr. CB is a nice album but it doesnt come close to what he did with gnr on a musical scale. Again, what is AFD? a in your face groundbreaking record. stick with that same formula and youll be right next to the likes of ACDC

Youre making stuff up again.? You cant find one instance when Ive done this...but please, dont allow me to stop you from making things up.
"you are all" thats what I said. A lot of peopel on these boards go out of their way to credit Izzy and say how hes the behinds the scenes gem of GNR. Plus you made the comment of Axls signing it, hes allowing it, its a gnr song. Yea and? That doesnt mean he wrote the song. I know a lot of people would like to jump on Axl every chance they can so they can further Slash's justification of not being in the band but fact is the music is a band effort. Bandmembers have said it and Axl has credited 2 of his bandmembers for a song.

You can slice it anyway you want, Axl and Slash have completely different musical philosophies. One is the type peoples type of rockstar and wants to just get out there, lay down some tracks and hit the road whereas the other is the crazy rockstar who wants to take his time and make a meaningful album.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 06:30:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 06:47:17 PM »

Slash craves the spot light and NEEDS attention to feel cool, while Axl could just disappear for ever and axl would be fine with that. I love how slash still cant take accountabiity for taking a part in the break up of the band, he is still putting it all on Axl.? I am sorry but a 40 year old guy still writing songs about sex and drugs is not cool. That is why contraband is so lame. Slashs music never progressed like it should have.

You are an idiot. Are you a pschologist? Do you actually think this is how Slash acts? From everything I have read over the years and I can tell you this; slash is a laid back, soft spoken guy who would rather talk about his involvment with the guitar then anything about Axl. Axl is the piece of shit here my friend. And deserves all the blame for he fall of the real Gn'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 07:25:31 PM »

How about you leave out the "insults" from your future posts?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 08:26:31 PM »

Hes not there trying to create a masterpiece.

Neither were the Sex Pistols or that band out of Seattle (notice I didn't use the "N" word), widely cited as 2 of the most influential bands of the last 25+ years that "changed the face of music".

Keep in mind, words like "meaningful" and "masterpiece" are all in the ears of the beholder.  It seems you've fallen into the trap of playing down someone elses recent artistic accomplishments by elevating someone elses perceived creative intention.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005, 08:48:51 PM »

Neither were the Sex Pistols or that band out of Seattle (notice I didn't use the "N" word), widely cited as 2 of the most influential bands of the last 25+ years that "changed the face of music".
Im not saying that in order to create a masterpiece you have to go in it thinking that way. Im well aware that most of the greatest albums of all time are ones that come out of nowhere and done in a short period of time...

But im not talking about that. Im not debating which philosophy is better or right. What I said in my first post was that Axl takes music much more seriosuly than SLash.

Keep in mind, words like "meaningful" and "masterpiece" are all in the ears of the beholder.  It seems you've fallen into the trap of playing down someone elses recent artistic accomplishments by elevating someone elses perceived creative intention.
This has nothing to do with what VR has done. I was discussing the whole cool image topic with Slash and how compared to Axl he is as serious as Axl.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »

Slash craves the spot light and NEEDS attention to feel cool, while Axl could just disappear for ever and axl would be fine with that. I love how slash still cant take accountabiity for taking a part in the break up of the band, he is still putting it all on Axl.? I am sorry but a 40 year old guy still writing songs about sex and drugs is not cool. That is why contraband is so lame. Slashs music never progressed like it should have.

You are an idiot. Are you a pschologist? Do you actually think this is how Slash acts? From everything I have read over the years and I can tell you this; slash is a laid back, soft spoken guy who would rather talk about his involvment with the guitar then anything about Axl. Axl is the piece of shit here my friend. And deserves all the blame for he fall of the real Gn'R.

Actually I have a psych degree, so I think I know what I am talking about. Plus I am very good at reading people and am dead on 99% of the time.  so there ya go. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 09:12:44 PM »

No I think it is much more simple than that.

I think Slash is out working and Axl is not.

Not in public anyway.

That's it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 10:30:08 PM »

Actually I have a psych degree, so I think I know what I am talking about. Plus I am very good at reading people and am dead on 99% of the time.? so there ya go.?

Wow, you should be a comedian because that was a hilarious. You have never even talked to Slash so how can you analyze him? Since you have a psych degree you should know that.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 12:19:10 AM »

Slash craves the spot light and NEEDS attention to feel cool

that's an uneducated assumption. Sort it out.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 12:51:01 AM »

Actually I have a psych degree, so I think I know what I am talking about. Plus I am very good at reading people and am dead on 99% of the time.? so there ya go.?

Wow, you should be a comedian because that was a hilarious. You have never even talked to Slash so how can you analyze him? Since you have a psych degree you should know that.

You do not need to talk to someone to analyze them. All you have to do is observe them or their actions. 

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 01:26:16 AM »

You do not need to talk to someone to analyze them. All you have to do is observe them or their actions.?

Okay !

Based on my observations of you and your actions, I conclude you're a moron.

I MUST BE RIGHT, yes ?

Whatever.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 03:09:55 AM »

Dave, whether you have a psychology degree or not (which I doubt you have), you are so obsessed with Axl that you've lost  your sense for judgement and reality doesn't disturb you. Being a psychiatrist/psychologist you should analyze yourself at first.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 08:03:53 AM »

Dave, whether you have a psychology degree or not (which I doubt you have), you are so obsessed with Axl that you've lost? your sense for judgement and reality doesn't disturb you. Being a psychiatrist/psychologist you should analyze yourself at first.

You can doubt what ever you want.  And people like you are a joke. Its always ok for there to be huge slash fans but never huge axl fans.  And I am sorry but you really need to come back to reality. 

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 09:41:55 AM »

You do not need to talk to someone to analyze them. All you have to do is observe them or their actions.?

OK then Dr. Dave, since you've done an out patient diagnosis on Slash and concluded him a "spotlight craver" , please give the forum your unbiased professional opinion of one Axl Rose.

Be prepared to field questions on your conclusions.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 01:34:45 PM »

OK then Dr. Dave, since you've done an out patient diagnosis on Slash and concluded him a "spotlight craver" , please give the forum your unbiased professional opinion of one Axl Rose.

Dave, you can start with your Slash analysis. C'mon, don't be afraid using psychological terms. C'mon. And the analyze Axl.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 02:35:25 PM »

You do not need to talk to someone to analyze them. All you have to do is observe them or their actions. 

That is an excellent idea Falcon!  How about it Dave?  Want to break down the mental functions of one W. Axl Rose to share with all?

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 05:04:01 PM »

Did you barely pass for your psych degree? Sure, you can base an opinion on someone by just observing their actions but you cannot come up with a correct analysis on someone without talking to them. Again, you should know this. I find it a joke that you're pretending to be some kind of expert because you have a psych degree. Especially when your opinion of Slash is a load of BS that is biased because you have some bizarre obsession with putting down Slash to elevate Axl's status. How about I analyze you, Dave? After all, I have a pretty good idea of who you are since I've seen what you have to say for almost two years. Are you ready for my opinion? I did get an A in psychology, ya know.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 05:15:13 PM »

We all know Axl is bi polar and you can see it in his actions. He also is a perfectionst and never thinks his work is good enough thus that is why the album is taking forever to be released.  Axls child hood abuse is also a factor in his beating of women and his erratic behavior. 

Havent we already gone over this before?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »

Did you barely pass for your psych degree? Sure, you can base an opinion on someone by just observing their actions but you cannot come up with a correct analysis on someone without talking to them. Again, you should know this. I find it a joke that you're pretending to be some kind of expert because you have a psych degree. Especially when your opinion of Slash is a load of BS that is biased because you have some bizarre obsession with putting down Slash to elevate Axl's status. How about I analyze you, Dave? After all, I have a pretty good idea of who you are since I've seen what you have to say for almost two years. Are you ready for my opinion? I did get an A in psychology, ya know.

yeah my opinion of slash is BS, I am sorry but its dead on and everyone knows it. Stop being in denial. And yes you can base an opinion on someone by observing their actions and what they have said over the past 20 years. It wont be indept but  you can get a very good idea of what a person is like. Sorry if you are just not good at it but that is not my problem now is it?  You can try  and bash me all you want but its just gonna make you look ignorant that  you cannot take someone critizing slash. ITs really said that you care what a person you  dont even know says about slash on a message board and feel the need to attack that person personally. Some of you really need to grow up already.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 05:30:17 PM »

IMO, CB isn't much of a departure from the styles of AFD and Plush; it is exactly what you expect from an amalgamation of STP and GnR minus the redhead and the DeLeo brothers. I felt much the same way after the AudioSlave album; it was a good effort but lacked any surprises. This doesn't mean either work isn't quality. But the truly great bands are greater than the sum of their parts; when AFD dropped, the combined talents of those five guys melded in such a way that outshone anything they had ever done before. I am expecting something similiar with the Chinese Democracy record; I expect greatness and therefore it doesn't matter if this takes 5 years or 10 as long as the quality is there.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: