Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will enough be enough for the other band members?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will enough be enough for the other band members?  (Read 6625 times)
W Axl Rick
Opening Act

« on: January 14, 2005, 07:14:30 AM »

Axl can take as long as he wants... but what about the patience of Stinson, Dizzy, Finck, Brain and Forteus???

Already, we have seen Bucket Head and Josh Freese come and go (2 great players).

So as much as I have supported and believed in Axl's comeback, my greatest fear is that these guys might just be as frustrated as we are and decide to move on?

I hope I am wrong? Still, there is no sign of Chinese Democracy.....

W Axl Rick.

W Axl Rick.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:19:39 AM »

I say this year...  nervous

Axl has to release it, or im afraid that they will leave... confused
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 07:46:12 AM »

GNR 05' post booster ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 08:23:53 AM »

Its my opinion that Slash and Duff all stuck it out longer than any of the other members will....

like you said Buckethead had enuff and hes gone....

the only one that will stay forever is Dizzy Reed.... (like he has alot going on anyways)...

If 2005 is over and not even a single song has been released than id say its all over...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 08:47:34 AM »

Despite the fact that it seems as though a lot of fans at recent Tommy shows are of the non-gnr variety(kudos to Tommy!!), no one can deny the fact that these guys are being rewarded in a sense for their patience w/ Axl by eager GNR fans who will purchase members' projects and pay to see their shows simply by virtue of the association, so why should they not stick around?  If any of them felt that their relationship w/ GNR was causing an excessive amount of critics to drag their own names through the mud, then I'm certain that they all would slowly distance themselves from the project, but as of now, there's been no intense criticism hurled (excluding the occasional bewilderment) at them, so why not?

The truly interesting aspects will come into being when these "contracts" expire.  If I were Stinson, Brain, etc. al, I'd insist upon a release window from the madman before signing on again...I don't think that's too far-fetched of a request....
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:20:09 AM »

Josh nver intended on staying, just like Paul didn't. Josh made it clear, that he signed a 3 year studio deal. When the time was up he left. I am sure he left with Axl's best wishes. If you recall, Josh put Axl's name on the Thank you list on the first APC cd.
As for the others they stuck around this long. They must believe in what they are doing!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 09:41:33 AM »

They must believe in what they are doing!!

buckethead didnt.....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 10:56:49 AM »

Lets look at the Band to anwser this question.

Buckethead - He has a cult following and has had decent success as a solo artist. Not to mention he is crazy and talking through a puppet even off stage.  He stayed long enough to boost his name.  He quit because he can make it on his own (in a small way)

DIzzy Reed - When he is not with axl, he has his cover band.  He likes to party and the reason people come to see his cover band is because he is in GnR and the GnR fans come out to see him. So he will stay for life

Robin Fink - Honestly what else does he really have going on. If Gnr makes it huge he wants to be on that train. Other then that he has been in the music industry long enough to know he is on a good gravy train. I would say 2 more years.

Brain - I could see him quiting in the next year if there is nothing new going on. He is a personal friend of Buckethead and it seems like he would be the most likely to go.

Chris Pittman - He really is pointless in the bad and has no reason to leave because without being in GnR he has no leg to stand on. He wont quit anytime soon.

Tommy Stintson - As loyal as he is to Axl and how loyal GnR fans are buying up his solo album I honestly could say he would be the second to leave after Brain.  Honestly I feel he could do good (in a small way) going solo or joining up to form another band. The way he i out on his solo tour shows he wants to be out with his fans playing live music and he can't do that with GnR.  There will come a time soon that if there isnt nothing new he will be leaving.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 11:02:27 AM »

Axl can take as long as he wants... but what about the patience of Stinson, Dizzy, Finck, Brain and Forteus???

Until they stop getting paid, probably.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 11:24:39 AM »

Although it's good to be paid for nothing, the more ambitious musicians will leave. Buckethead left for Axl's inability to release CD and tour, and if doesn't happen something with CD this year, I think that Brain will be the first to go (maybe before the end of the year), then maybe Stinson and Pittman. Dizzy will serve Axl in his whole life, cause he's nothing without Axl. He has no musical ambitions, doesn't make guest appearances, only plays GN'R songs that were written by Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven. Robin won't go, cause he is similar to Dizzy as he doesn't have musical ambitious - he makes photos and this makes him happy. Fortus will be there as long as he'll be paid or won't get a better job.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 12:47:37 PM »

Huh I thought they've been already out.
Didn?t Brain and Tommy state they?re definitely in when GNR restarts?
That hints that GNR is Under an interim suspension-There's A "Tacet" mark/a minim/a semibreve rest.
And my question for the moment is if they've been in again yet.

When will enough be enough for the other band members?
Maybe Never? Roll Eyes
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 04:56:42 PM »

This should really be the last word on the subject.

I've seen enough.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »

Buckethead - He has a cult following and has had decent success as a solo artist. Not to mention he is crazy and talking through a puppet even off stage.? He stayed long enough to boost his name.? He quit because he can make it on his own (in a small way)

DIzzy Reed - When he is not with axl, he has his cover band.? He likes to party and the reason people come to see his cover band is because he is in GnR and the GnR fans come out to see him. So he will stay for life

Robin Fink - Honestly what else does he really have going on. If Gnr makes it huge he wants to be on that train. Other then that he has been in the music industry long enough to know he is on a good gravy train. I would say 2 more years.

Brain - I could see him quiting in the next year if there is nothing new going on. He is a personal friend of Buckethead and it seems like he would be the most likely to go.

Chris Pittman - He really is pointless in the bad and has no reason to leave because without being in GnR he has no leg to stand on. He wont quit anytime soon.

Tommy Stintson - As loyal as he is to Axl and how loyal GnR fans are buying up his solo album I honestly could say he would be the second to leave after Brain.? Honestly I feel he could do good (in a small way) going solo or joining up to form another band. The way he i out on his solo tour shows he wants to be out with his fans playing live music and he can't do that with GnR.? There will come a time soon that if there isnt nothing new he will be leaving.

What about Fortus??
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 05:52:44 PM »

i'm surprised any of them are still around...everyone bitches about buckethead leaving, but i think he had a pretty good reason to leave...when you are in a band, you want to actually release the material/have it heard by someone....axl is being a major douche bag holding this thing up, and if i were in GnR i'd tell axl to release the mother fucker or i'm gone...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 07:26:30 PM »

lets think about this for a minute ok

what would dizzy,fortus,robin,tommy,brain and chris be doing if they werent working for axl?

where else can they work, get paid and still have time to do side projects and solo efforts?

If someone said they would hire u to make minimum apperances but get a big fat check every month and u can do anything u want in the meantime

and the work u are doing has the potential and promise to make u more famous and richer than your wildest dreams

who the fuck wouldnt want that job?

what better job could these members of GNR get?

i say only a fuckin idiot would give up a job like that!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 12:04:00 AM »

what would dizzy,fortus,robin,tommy,brain and chris be doing if they werent working for axl?

where else can they work, get paid and still have time to do side projects and solo efforts?

If someone said they would hire u to make minimum apperances but get a big fat check every month and u can do anything u want in the meantime

and the work u are doing has the potential and promise to make u more famous and richer than your wildest dreams

I agree with D, why quit when you're doing nothing but solo projects and picking up nice paychecks for music you recorded years ago.

On a side note, D, the Jon picture could make u the grand marshall of the annual gay pride parade - not that there's anything wrong with that.   hihi
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 12:13:20 AM »

What about Fortus??

I think he will stay as long as the money is there and I dont really seeing him leave until the money stops. Stinson and Brain are the only two I really can see leaving before the money train stops

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 12:34:35 AM »

I agree with D, why quit when you're doing nothing but solo projects and picking up nice paychecks for music you recorded years ago.

On a side note, D, the Jon picture could make u the grand marshall of the annual gay pride parade - not that there's anything wrong with that.? ?hihi

i give u credit that was funny! hihi hihi hihi hihi

now u can

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 01:31:59 AM »

If the current members of the band use to be fans of GN'R then I think they will stick coz I've been a fan since forever and if I even had the chance to pay to play for GN'R I would take it and wait as long as it takes and I think the hardcore musicion fans of The GUNNERS would all do the same.

Thats my thoughts anyway
 peace

P.s Dizzy is the most Loyal person on face of the earth and he has my full respect for supporting one of the most controvercial people in the world

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 05:20:07 AM »

yeah peace and also that they love, rspect and like the people the work with  ok

they go down with they ship, since they are gunsnroses maybe Roll Eyes  beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: