Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe not even April....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe not even April....  (Read 5866 times)
SADIS
« on: January 13, 2005, 06:39:26 AM »

I just heard from a friend of mine that Lauryn Hill is releasing a new album in April. Who cares, I know. But, she is with a major label, and is a major artist and therefore needs major promotion. She already shot a video in September 2004. The album was finished in December (mixed and mastered).

So if she's already set a date for April how big are the chances for GNR to release an album in April? They need to build up a hype, they cannot just release it out of the blue. Seems as if April is also becoming slightly out of the question. Or we should here something "very soon". But I don't think there is a major announcement on it's way, becuase then there would be more rumours surfacing right now. What do you guys think?

For the bashers; I wish for nothing more then CD to see the light of the day. I'm on your side.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 06:44:57 AM »

honestly i think there are two times we will have a shot at chinese democracy

summer or next christmas

i dont think it will be march,april,may

if we get CD it will be between first week of June first week of august

or it will be in november cause u are right, if it were to be as early as april or may shit would have to start happening pretty soon.

i personally think we will get Chinese Democracy summer of 2006, thats my honest guess.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SADIS
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 06:50:38 AM »

honestly i think there are two times we will have a shot at chinese democracy

summer or next christmas

or it will be in november cause u are right, if it were to be as early as april or may shit would have to start happening pretty soon.

i personally think we will get Chinese Democracy summer of 2006, thats my honest guess.

Mmm, I don't know. Because most albums are released April/May and maybe June. But never July or August. Well atleast no biggie's. I really don't hope it's November because that's just taking way too long.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 06:54:59 AM »

definitely the sooner the better but i tell u what its almost got to the point where i can never imagine myself ever owning this CD. Its like i cant really ever picture a time of this being released.

I do know u have to deliver the finished product to the label like 3 months in advance before they release it.

so for it to make the may release it would have to be in the final processes of mixing and mastering already.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 06:59:01 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 07:10:01 AM »

Just a question... Where did the April release rumor come from...Isnt it only because when you do a search on Google for guns n roses the official page has a release date??? We dont even know if thats true.....

I think honestly that April will come and go and the google page will stay the same.... 

you cant really hold anything that Tommy or Dizzy say as true anymore as they have been proven WRONG on many occasions....

I too belive that it wont be in April.. The promotion and release date would have been announced..

and since there is no new Single to hype the album release for a few months then id bet no Aprill

Like D said... June at the EARLIEST .... I personnaly think that we have seen the last of Mr Rose...

Yes his comeback had some good points and was shortlived but i think thats it folks....

SADIS
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:12:30 AM »

definitely the sooner the better but i tell u what its almost got to the point where i can never imagine myself ever owning this CD. Its like i cant really ever picture a time of this being released.

I do know u have to deliver the finished product to the label like 3 months in advance before they release it.

so for it to make the may release it would have to be in the final processes of mixing and mastering already.

Yeah, I have the same thing. I even dreamt a few times that I had the record at home and it was amazing. Too bad I can't remember the tunes  Tongue  But even if there was a May release an announcement should/would be made in the next month. Because all the advance interviews should be done before the album gets released so that when the album is released all the mags are full of GNR.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »

Just a question... Where did the April release rumor come from...Isnt it only because when you do a search on Google for guns n roses the official page has a release date???
I was wondering the same. April or not, I don't buy rumours n fools.
Yeah, maybe in March, November, or June.

Anyhow, it will be no longer taken as coming from out of the blue, after 7yrs+ anticipation.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 07:55:45 AM »

this is not your typical album. so IF it ever comes out, i'm not expecting the typical routine. basically, nothing would surprise me.

another thing to consider is that "chinese democracy" has been talked about in mags, radio and tv for a few years now. so it already has gotten some free promotion.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 09:45:07 AM »

I can't agree more D.  It is to the point from listening to live bootlegs and what not I cant picture myself actually ever having the finished product. Much more I cant picture TV ads advertising it or new songs played on the radio. I REALLY cant image walking into the CD aisle and seeing it on the rack. I dont know how many stores I have checked to see if they had any GnR imports and looked though the whole GnR section.  It has become the holy grail to me. I keep searching and finding other bands and acts I like and other cds I enjoy on my voyage to new GnR.  I dont actually know what it would be like to have Chinese Democracry in my hand.  Afteral, once I listen to it then what? Do I wait 12 more years for new Material?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »

Not every album is promoted the same. If Lauryn Hill's new CD was completed last fall, the label could have just suggested that a Spring release would work better for their release
schedule, her personal schedule, touring schedule, etc....
I have no clue when the new GnR will hit, but once the label has the finished Cd in their hands, I don't think they'll hesitate to release it. It Could be April or this summer or never,
but just because many of us believe this is a "major release", doesn't mean it can only be released during two specific months out of the year.
And when you have a CD with this much mystery around it, you can't really assume anything. Just continue to wait.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 10:06:45 AM »

"February is out of the question. Now what?"

LOL.... wait till march and post the same thing only change the month to april......
heeheeheee ... you couldn't wait for March?? hihi
(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

On topic:? We've been waiting like 11 years for this album, grasping at any bit of info or rumor.
How much more "promotion" could it possibly need?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 10:14:08 AM »

Afteral, once I listen to it then what? Do I wait 12 more years for new Material?

just have fun beer

it will be like butteflys i stomach (exiting\thrillfull) to hold that disc in hands, yes yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 10:34:07 AM »

most artist's announce a release about 4 months before their album comes out...during that 4 months they usually do all the preparation, such as:  scheduling concerts, shooting videos, etc....so, it doesn't look so good for GnR, considering they haven't done any of that yet....no, april is not looking good either, unless they make an announcement and start moving within the next couple of weeks
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 11:02:03 AM »

Fucking hell, what a depressing day, just look at the threads:

- Will Axl release CD before he dies?  Cry
- Maybe not even April?  ok
- Does Axl believe in the album?  Huh

Lighten up people, I'm trying to keep positive here!

Here today...ready to rock
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 11:15:12 AM »

Do any of us really believe or have at least hopes that this so awaited new material will ever be released?

I've been a GNR Fan for about 15 years and been on the net for about 4 years, following every GNR 'step', at least the phew ones they've done, and it is always the same, disappointment after disappointment.

I keep being a GNR cos I think it was the greatest band I've ever heard, seen, etc. There is a saying around here that says something like of the good things we always have just a phew. Also cos i think Axl is the most talented, singer, composer and leading man there was, is and will ever be, but I honestly think that GNR and sadly Axl's work its over Sad
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 11:17:30 AM by Sweet » Logged

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 12:21:03 PM »

where's sticky fingers now .  Grin

the ones who actually bought his bullshit must be feeling really stupid  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 12:34:58 PM »

rofl@ wooody.
Fucking hell, what a depressing day, just look at the threads:
- Will Axl release CD before he dies?  Cry
- Maybe not even April?  ok
- Does Axl believe in the album?  Huh
Yep, Bloody hell!!
- Will Axl release CD before he dies?  Cry                  - One can release anything only while he or she is alive. Wink
- Maybe not even April?  ok                                   - Maybe not even April. ok
- Does Axl believe in the album?  Huh                       -Ask him or you'd get sticky fingerish BSs. Tongue
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:41:13 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Gunnerguy
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 12:38:58 PM »

jeez i can't believe people are still talking about "when will chinese dem be released" like two years ago we had the EXACT same threads .. and before that too right back into the dark ages when michael Jackson was still black and Bill Clinton could get his cock sucked in peace.

2000 .... so you think chinese dem is gonna be released in April? ....... maybe i think more like June ..

2001 ... so you think chinese dem is gonna be released in April? .... no think tis slated for a november release

2002 ... hey guys guess what I just heard from a guy somewhere who knows a guy who met a cat who once talked to axl's bodyguard earl and he said that chinese dem is defo coming out in april or maybe may .. or possibly June with an outside shot that it might be november definately before christmas anyway

2003 ... If i interpret this riddle correctly which was definately written by Axl cause who else would have the spare time? the album is with out doubt coming out in April or if not April november

2003 .. err again? Roll Eyes... ahh! they played the MTV awards it's definately coming out in november !

2004 .. dudes I just heard a recording of the first single from chinese democracy!!!! it played on this unkown radio station in Nepal for like 10 seconds it sounded amazing!! The album must be getting a release date in April for sure!!

2005 ...
"honestly i think there are two times we will have a shot at chinese democracy
summer or next christmas
or it will be in november cause u are right ........" or maybe when I shite gold
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:41:47 PM by Tyler Durden » Logged

Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that, you?ve got it made.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »

It's true, this board is so full of ridiculous theory threads and rumours these days I tend to avoid it.  There are so many old school posters, like babyaxl and Dizzy who don't post anywhere on this site anymore, I think they've probably been fed so many rumours they've exploded, or maybe they're sitting in the dark corner of some rehab centre jibbering and cackling inanely.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »

I would venture a guess and say given the lack of any news here in the middle of january that any kind of release before mid-summer is out of the question.  no

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: