Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:55:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 76686 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2004, 05:30:30 PM »

This is so SOOOO Fucking cool!

Man, I am still going to wait till GTA: SA hits the Xbox. I think it is coming Summer 2005. The versions of 3 and Vice City were way better for the Xobs, and I have no doubt this will too. But damn, this game keeps sounding better and better. Thank god AAA games like Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, and Prince of Persia 2, are coming out, or I would have to plunk down the 50 to get the game now. The new GTA is way too long a game to play right now, with all these others coming starting in 2 weeks. This GTA sounds fucking sweet though. 150+ hours to complete...jesus christ that is crazy.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2004, 06:48:21 PM »

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1493045/20041026/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

Axl Rose, Game, Charlie Murphy Lend Voices To 'San Andreas'

Chuck D, Samuel Jackson, David Cross also in latest 'GTA' game.

by Joe D'Angelo

Besides raising the bar for video games with some of the most innovative and expansive gameplay ever, the developers of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" have pulled off another feat that many thought to be impossible:

They nailed down W. Axl Rose.

The famously reclusive Guns N' Roses frontman's voice can be heard as a DJ on one of eight in-game radio stations players can listen to while cruising the streets of the fictional state of San Andreas in the highly anticipated game, which became available Monday night. Rose adopts the persona of Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, of the classic rock station KDST The Dust, who spins an array of tunes such as Foghat's "Slow Ride," Humble Pie's "Get Down to It," Grand Funk Railroad's "Some Kind of Wonderful" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird."

Public Enemy's Chuck D can also be heard in the game, as radio DJ Forth Right MC, host of the classic hip-hop station Playback FM. Other celebrity DJs include Parliament/Funkadelic's George Clinton (as the Funktipus), dancehall stars Sly and Robbie, and comedian Andy Dick on the talk-radio station.

Rose's appearance in San Andreas, set in the gang-riddled West Coast of the early 1990s, marks the first time in over a year since a studio recording of his voice was heard by the public, although the New York Mets' Mike Piazza leaking a new GN'R tune on a syndicated radio show wasn't an "official release" (see "New GN'R Tune Leaked By ... Mets Catcher Mike Piazza?!"). Prior to that, Rose came out of years of seclusion with a new incarnation of Guns N' Roses to perform at the 2002 VMAs. Guns N' Roses launched an ill-fated tour soon after, but it was scrapped amid controversy after only a few dates (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

The in-game soundtrack will be released November 23 as both a double album and an eight-disc box set that features all of the more than 150 tunes heard in the game (see "2Pac, Public Enemy, Rick James On 'San Andreas' Soundtrack").

Rapper Game also shows up as the character Mark "B Dup" Wayne and as a caller to one of the radio stations. Samuel L. Jackson takes on a starring role as officer Frank Tenpenny, a corrupt cop in Los Santos, one of the three cities in the state of San Andreas. Actor Chris Penn ("Starsky & Hutch," "Reservoir Dogs") plays his partner, officer Eddie Pulanski. James Woods, Peter Fonda, Ice-T, David Cross, Bijou Phillips and Charlie Murphy of "Chappelle's Show" fame are also featured.

With a script partially informed by D.J. Pooh, co-writer of the 1995 film "Friday," "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" centers on the character Carl "CJ" Johnson, played by aspiring rapper Young Maylay. After his mother is murdered, CJ returns to his old neighborhood and is soon framed for murder by a couple of cops. As CJ, players must perform a variety of missions for the blackmailing cops that often run afoul of the law.

This report is provided by MTV News

« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 06:52:32 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2004, 07:24:09 PM »

"Youll love this next album..lf your man enough"

thought that was funny of Axl to say  ok

btw the game is great half way slow although

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2004, 07:25:07 PM »

This is so SOOOO Fucking cool!

Man, I am still going to wait till GTA: SA hits the Xbox. I think it is coming Summer 2005. The versions of 3 and Vice City were way better for the Xobs, and I have no doubt this will too. But damn, this game keeps sounding better and better. Thank god AAA games like Metroid Prime 2, Halo 2, and Prince of Persia 2, are coming out, or I would have to plunk down the 50 to get the game now. The new GTA is way too long a game to play right now, with all these others coming starting in 2 weeks. This GTA sounds fucking sweet though. 150+ hours to complete...jesus christ that is crazy.

Star Ocean: Til the End of Time on ps2 is 300+ hours without secrets and side-quests and 500+ hours with them..  kudos to those who have that kinda time..  hihi

and the person who wanted the booklet scanned,i'll ask my friend if i can borrow his tomorrow to scan it, if not, i'll take a snapshot of the page on friday and put it up..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 07:26:40 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #304 on: October 26, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »

Yes it is me, I am once again BACK at the Here Today Gone To Hell forums after my latest hiatus and this time I will be back for good and I have something to say: It's about f*cking time Axl has actually said something (even if it has nothing to do with the album) and he actually did it where it hits 13-49 year old male crowd the most, video games! I love my PS2 as much as the next person and didn't even need motivation to buy the game, but Axl sealed the deal.

I have only one question though, how can you have enough time to record voice work for a game, yet can't even write a simple press release about the new album.

COME ON AXL, suckas gotta know.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2004, 10:20:16 PM »

Yes it is me, I am once again BACK at the Here Today Gone To Hell forums after my latest hiatus and this time I will be back for good and I have something to say: It's about f*cking time Axl has actually said something (even if it has nothing to do with the album) and he actually did it where it hits 13-49 year old male crowd the most, video games! I love my PS2 as much as the next person and didn't even need motivation to buy the game, but Axl sealed the deal.

I have only one question though, how can you have enough time to record voice work for a game, yet can't even write a simple press release about the new album.

COME ON AXL, suckas gotta know.

i'm fairly certain that the most time it took to record this was a day or two at best..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2004, 12:12:39 AM »

just to show you what the general concensus is on axl rose i thought i would post this think to the biggest metal/rock news site around.? just read peoples comments below the news articles and you will see how people outside of this forum feel about your beloved axl rose.? for more comments on axl just type in his name in the search bar to the left of the article, click on whatever news article that comes up and you will see its a continuation of the same kind of comments ok? you people on this forum are very sad...

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28409

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2004, 12:28:17 AM »

just to show you what the general concensus is on axl rose i thought i would post this think to the biggest metal/rock news site around.? just read peoples comments below the news articles and you will see how people outside of this forum feel about your beloved axl rose.? for more comments on axl just type in his name in the search bar to the left of the article, click on whatever news article that comes up and you will see its a continuation of the same kind of comments ok? you people on this forum are very sad...

holy crap, now i have to change my opinions because of what others think!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT!!! beer

(ps- is this guy banned yet for trolling?)

now you know me better
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2004, 12:45:41 AM »

this is without a shadow of a doubt the worst and most ignorant post i believe i have ever seen on this board.

one guy kept responding how much he hated axl.

so the general consensus of axl is determined by 2 or 3 people on blabbermouth?

holy fuck and axl's been my hero throughout my whole life but oh shit, 2 or 3 people on some piece of shit site says axl sucks so u are right, i should denounce axl, delete my account and pray for forgiveness for ever liking axl.

the general consensus on this board is youre a fuckin moron!!!!!!!!!! rofl
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 12:48:04 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2004, 12:52:49 AM »

hey, the fact of the matter is axl is nothing of what he used to be in the eyes of almost everybody except for you losers on this board ok you see, we see the truth and we see things for what they really are, not for what we want and wish they could be ok

im not saying you should change how you feel because others feel diferentley, im just here to show the people that think axl is still the king of rock that he is not and he is nothing of what he used to be. 

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2004, 12:53:14 AM »

I hope axl is in the game so I can kill him with my bozooka  hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2004, 12:53:48 AM »

hey, the fact of the matter is axl is nothing of what he used to be in the eyes of almost everybody except for you losers on this board ok you see, we see the truth and we see things for what they really are, not for what we want and wish they could be ok

im not saying you should change how you feel because others feel diferentley, im just here to show the people that think axl is still the king of rock that he is not and he is nothing of what he used to be. 

So who is the king of rock then?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2004, 01:04:39 AM »

im not saying you should change how you feel because others feel diferentley, im just here to show the people that think axl is still the king of rock that he is not and he is nothing of what he used to be.?

People that bought the 60 or so million albums would disagree with you.  In fact, the whole GNR collection sells incredibly well, every week.

The normal people out there love GNR and will buy anything Axl puts out.  It's only the internet losers that that sit online all day complaining.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2004, 01:08:55 AM »

im not saying you should change how you feel because others feel diferentley, im just here to show the people that think axl is still the king of rock that he is not and he is nothing of what he used to be.?

People that bought the 60 or so million albums would disagree with you.? In fact, the whole GNR collection sells incredibly well, every week.

The normal people out there love GNR and will buy anything Axl puts out.? It's only the internet losers that that sit online all day complaining.

i guess thats why axl sold out every place he played on his incredible tour too ha, lol.? the fans arent there like you think.? this just proves my point about you people on these forums.  you refuse to look at the facts.  the fact is that axl sold on an average of 7-8 thousand seats for 15-18 thousand seat arenas.  i guess the fans are really there ha, lol.  i guess they were there in spirit though ha, lol.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 01:10:42 AM by Music For Life » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2004, 01:10:11 AM »

so a few people on that website diss axl? but there are thousands on GNR websites that praise him, so the few of u outnumber the mass number of us. ok that makes sense, coming from a guy who cant spell differently.

Axl is the greatest frontman ever! Who cares what some pig fuckin haters on a blabbermouth board think.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2004, 01:13:57 AM »

so a few people on that website diss axl? but there are thousands on GNR websites that praise him, so the few of u outnumber the mass number of us. ok that makes sense, coming from a guy who cant spell differently.

Axl is the greatest frontman ever! Who cares what some pig fuckin haters on a blabbermouth board think.

so few people diss him on that website?  i think you need to read it again and look up news articles about him again.  this time with your eyes open though.

axl was the greatest frontman ever and nobody has come close to even comparing to him to this day, but the fact is that hes nothing like what he used to be and hes a laughing stock now.  go to sites other than gnr forums and you will see.  heres another idead, just ask people in your neighborhood or at school, wherever you hang out and the majority will talk shit about axl and dont give a flying fuck about him.  those are facts my friend ok

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2004, 01:17:36 AM »

The posters on the blabbermouth board are fucking retarded.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2004, 01:24:35 AM »

The posters on the blabbermouth board are fucking retarded.

why are they retarded?  because they dont like axl and dont suck on his fallen rock star balls?  i dont get it.  they could say the same about you for believing in something that has been a contiued failure. can you honestly compare gnr to what axl is doing now?  axls been has been together just as long as gnr and have done nothing but make a joke of themselves and screw up a tour ok

YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2004, 01:43:42 AM »

People that bought the 60 or so million albums would disagree with you.? In fact, the whole GNR collection sells incredibly well, every week.

The normal people out there love GNR and will buy anything Axl puts out.? It's only the internet losers that that sit online all day complaining.

i guess thats why axl sold out every place he played on his incredible tour too ha, lol.? the fans arent there like you think.? this just proves my point about you people on these forums.? you refuse to look at the facts.? the fact is that axl sold on an average of 7-8 thousand seats for 15-18 thousand seat arenas.? i guess the fans are really there ha, lol.? i guess they were there in spirit though ha, lol.

Fuck you're a loser....You could say this about fuckin Good Charlotte and Id still think you're a fag. Get a fuckin life...coming into forums spreading the "general concsensus" of what YOU think??? You need to get a life stupid little dweeb ass geek  ok

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2004, 01:47:34 AM »

wasn't Axl arrested for Grand Theft Auto in his late teens / early twenties?

funny coincedence?

Hehehehe, I didn't realize that.
makes ya grin.

Slightly off-topic..
..but those who have played the game...tell us about it!
I rather enjoyed the GTA Vice City and possibly end up buying this too eventually.
I'd like to know if they have tweaked the controls since Vice City??As long as you were behind the wheel, controls were pretty godlike but when walking/running..things often got really annoying. Camera being a bit too close and all that. Any improvements there?
It's really fucking annoying Sony is rich enough to be able to buy some games out; rockstargames has agreed not to release GTA SA on any other consoles/PC for atleast a year.
If they were making GTA  for X-box and PC it would be atleast somewhat better/kewler/whatnot.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: