Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 76715 times)
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2004, 01:26:33 AM »

anyone knows when the game will be out in Norway?

29th. http://fredag.dagbladet.no/fredag/2004/10/21/412028.html

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2004, 01:33:56 AM »

thanks!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2004, 05:31:29 AM »

Gamespot.com reports as follows:

Ironically, some of the most famous voice talent in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appear as the DJs of the game's various radio stations. The Funktipus, DJ of funk station Bounce FM, will be voiced by none other than Parliament and Funkadelic founder George Clinton. Playback FM, the classic hip-hop station, will see its DJ, Forth Right MC, played by Public Enemy frontman Chuck D. Reggae station K-Jah West will be hosted by dancehall stars Sly and Robbie, and Andy Dick will appear on West Coast Talk Radio. Last but certainly not least, Tommy ?The Nightmare? Smith, the DJ of rock station K-DST ?The Dust,? will be voiced by none other than W. Axl Rose of Guns-'n'-Roses fame.

Here's the link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/25/news_6111344.html

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2004, 09:43:42 AM »

I got San Andreas last night.  W. Axl Rose name is in the handbook.  It is 100% Axl.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: October 26, 2004, 09:43:57 AM »

"I'll tell you what, life is divided into two kinds of people.. those who like me, and those who can go to hell"

Now that's funny.  Grin

I don't know who wrote these, but I wonder if Axl would protest that one.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2004, 10:10:48 AM »

I got San Andreas last night.  W. Axl Rose name is in the handbook.  It is 100% Axl.

Told ya guys! Grin

I don't know why some people doubted it...

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #286 on: October 26, 2004, 10:17:40 AM »

"I'll tell you what, life is divided into two kinds of people.. those who like me, and those who can go to hell"

Now that's funny.? Grin

I don't know who wrote these, but I wonder if Axl would protest that one.? Wink

/jarmo

After listening to most of his lines they definitely sound like they were written by him.? There are too many coincidences to his real personality and the things that have gone on and are going on in his life.?

And to anyone still doubting Axl's presence in the game for whatever reason I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat as well and say without a shadow of a doubt that it IS indeed him.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2004, 10:25:07 AM »

Now that's funny.? Grin

I don't know who wrote these, but I wonder if Axl would protest that one.? Wink

/jarmo

After listening to most of his lines they definitely sound like they were written by him.? There are too many coincidences to his real personality and the things that have gone on and are going on in his life.?

And to anyone still doubting Axl's presence in the game for whatever reason I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat as well and say without a shadow of a doubt that it IS indeed him.

I'd doubt he actually wrote them, more likely that they were written with his own situation in my mind.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #288 on: October 26, 2004, 10:36:18 AM »

I'd doubt he actually wrote them, more likely that they were written with his own situation in my mind.

I'm not disagreeing with that but just saying that it would've had to have been someone pretty close to him in order to pull it off.  And if someone else did write them originally you can bet your bottom dollar that Axl tweaked a few things here and there before recording them.

anythinggoes
« Reply #289 on: October 26, 2004, 10:36:18 AM »

does any GNR songs play on the radio in this game?? i cant believe you bastards who have got this game early, in the Uk we've got to wait till Friday (unless you work for somewhere selling the game) ive got mine ordered so i probably will be addicted to that for the next 6 months and during that time ill see VR live and hopefully the New GNR album will be on continuous repeat in my HI FI hihi hihi
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #290 on: October 26, 2004, 10:40:17 AM »

does any GNR songs play on the radio in this game??

'Welcome To The Jungle' plays on the 'Radio X' station.  And just in case you're wondering it is the original version rather than a cover by the new line-up as some speculated about.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #291 on: October 26, 2004, 11:36:21 AM »

This is so cool - he's actually in the game, this is almost as good news at a CD release date

I get GTA on Friday, i will be waiting outside the shop, oh yes.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2004, 12:25:44 PM »

This is so cool - he's actually in the game, this is almost as good news at a CD release date

I get GTA on Friday, i will be waiting outside the shop, oh yes.

You are kidding?! A whole album's worth of music vs reading a script?

I think its good news he's doing something, I only hope its a sign that things are going to get a little more productive.

Here today...ready to rock
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2004, 01:22:28 PM »

Can someone who has bought the game please scan the booklet page with Axl on it? I would be very grateful, have got some acquaintances that are hard to convince...  Wink

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2004, 03:05:10 PM »

I honestly think Axl doing this is going to be directly tied into tour sponsership down the road.   ok
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2004, 03:26:08 PM »

lol! Just because it's Axl we have to verify it a thousand times! Any other person we wouldn't doubt! Grin

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #296 on: October 26, 2004, 03:34:30 PM »

Axl Rose, Game, Charlie Murphy Lend Voices To 'San Andreas'
10.26.2004 3:16 PM EDT 

Axl Rose (file)
Photo: Geffen 

Besides raising the bar for video games with some of the most innovative and expansive gameplay ever, the developers of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" have pulled off another feat that many thought to be impossible: They nailed down W. Axl Rose.

The famously reclusive Guns N' Roses frontman's voice can be heard as a DJ on one of eight in-game radio stations players can listen to while cruising the streets of the fictional state of San Andreas in the highly anticipated game, which became available Monday night. Rose adopts the persona of Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, of the classic rock station KDST The Dust, who spins an array of tunes such as Foghat's "Slow Ride," Humble Pie's "Get Down to It," Grand Funk Railroad's "Some Kind of Wonderful" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird."

Public Enemy's Chuck D can also be heard in the game, as radio DJ Forth Right MC, host of the classic hip-hop station Playback FM. Other celebrity DJs include Parliament/Funkadelic's George Clinton (as the Funktipus), dancehall stars Sly and Robbie, and comedian Andy Dick on the talk-radio station.

Rose's appearance in San Andreas, set in the gang-riddled West Coast of the early 1990s, marks the first time in over a year since a studio recording of his voice was heard by the public, although the New York Mets' Mike Piazza leaking a new GN'R tune on a syndicated radio show wasn't an "official release" (see "New GN'R Tune Leaked By ... Mets Catcher Mike Piazza?!"). Prior to that, Rose came out of years of seclusion with a new incarnation of Guns N' Roses to perform at the 2002 VMAs. Guns N' Roses launched an ill-fated tour soon after, but it was scrapped amid controversy after only a few dates (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

The in-game soundtrack will be released November 23 as both a double album and an eight-disc box set that features all of the more than 150 tunes heard in the game (see "2Pac, Public Enemy, Rick James On 'San Andreas' Soundtrack").

Rapper Game also shows up as the character Mark "B Dup" Wayne and as a caller to one of the radio stations. Samuel L. Jackson takes on a starring role as officer Frank Tenpenny, a corrupt cop in Los Santos, one of the three cities in the state of San Andreas. Actor Chris Penn ("Starsky & Hutch," "Reservoir Dogs") plays his partner, officer Eddie Pulanski. James Woods, Peter Fonda, Ice-T, David Cross, Bijou Phillips and Charlie Murphy of "Chappelle's Show" fame are also featured.

With a script partially informed by D.J. Pooh, co-writer of the 1995 film "Friday," "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" centers on the character Carl "CJ" Johnson, played by aspiring rapper Young Maylay. After his mother is murdered, CJ returns to his old neighborhood and is soon framed for murder by a couple of cops. As CJ, players must perform a variety of missions for the blackmailing cops that often run afoul of the law.

?Joe D'Angelo
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #297 on: October 26, 2004, 04:12:58 PM »

I love those quotes, the game may be pissing me off, but the quotes rock.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2004, 05:14:20 PM »

I just picked up the game!!! but I have to wait 6 more hours until I get off work to play it. If you want a booklet scan let me know and I will do it when I get home.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2004, 05:25:03 PM »

wasn't Axl arrested for Grand Theft Auto in his late teens / early twenties?

funny coincedence?

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: