Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 76800 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2004, 05:43:33 PM »

I am right this minute downloading the sound clips as a torrent from suprnova.org. Or at least that's what I hope a 60meg file called GTA San Andreas DJ AXL ROSE.torrent is.

Does the first person to transcribe it get a prize?  Tongue

@#$%Muther
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2004, 05:48:56 PM »

Best Buy's ad said its out wednesday, but i believe it should be out tommarow

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2004, 06:08:24 PM »

On topic, yeah the Alternative station has a better selection. I'm glad to see GNR among them.

I'm glad that WTTJ is in the game but having it on the Alternative station is kind of ass-backwards.? And couldn't they have chosen a better Ozzy tune than 'Hellraiser'!?? Vice City had 'Bark At The Moon' on it.? Oh well, Axl is in the game so my complaints stop right here. peace

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

when does the game come out in the us? Here it's friday. And I'm gonna buy it then but i hope no one here is gonna post a big spoiler (just don't give away to much in the title of your threat)...

SO, DO YOU ACCEPT?? Tongue

If you pre-ordered it from Electronics Boutique or Gamestop...they got 'em tonight.  Otherwise, "wide" release is tomorrow (ie: Best Buy, Toys R Us, CompUSA, etc).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2004, 07:03:04 PM »

axl is a sell out if he is really the dj on this video game
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »

I am right this minute downloading the sound clips as a torrent from suprnova.org. Or at least that's what I hope a 60meg file called GTA San Andreas DJ AXL ROSE.torrent is.

Does the first person to transcribe it get a prize?? Tongue

@#$%Muther

I know the password for this torrent. If anyone wants it send me an IM. I will Give The password  only to the active members of this forum.
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2004, 07:28:57 PM »

Just got a call from eb saying I can pick it up after 7 but its a fuckin half hour away so I'm going to wait till tommrow when i go to work. 
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2004, 07:37:25 PM »

axl is a sell out if he is really the dj on this video game

Who cares?  Frankly, it's nice to see Axl doing ANYTHING public.  Besides, it's not like he's whoring out a classic GN'R song for a car commercial or anything.  It's just a video game.
baggio
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2004, 07:55:16 PM »

Hi Fellas,
I got a copy of GTA:SA yesterday and managed about 2 hours of game time. First thing i did was get into a car and tuned into K-DST. Well, one thing's for sure : Axl (if indeed is really him) plays the DJ Tommy 'Nightmare' Smith. I cannot be 100% sure it's him, at times it sounds spot on like Axl and on others, sound slightly different. BUT there were 2 instances (there might be more, but these 2 are the ones i heard) where there is a direct (indirect?) reference to GNR and himself: -

1. "As i said before, all you in need in life is a little patience" - Tommy "Nightmare" Smith  Grin

2. Caller : "Hello, why is all the other ex-members of your band famous and you're....not?"
   Tommy : "I know alot of people who use my name/me for their own personal gain like the president(?) , etc, etc" - sorry can't remember the exact words......

To be honest, his tone sound almost humourous and i think he did a pretty good voice-acting job. Nevertheless, it's sure nice to hear something from tha man (if indeed it is really him) and also hearinf Jungle while driving  ok

That's all from me so far, by the way, this game ROCKS - enjoy!
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2004, 07:56:48 PM »

i know its hoping for a LOT but maybe a special release of a new single will come in the game? much like how a lot of bands released their new singles on Madden nfl 2k5 this year..  Huh

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2004, 08:15:56 PM »

Does the first person to transcribe it get a prize?  Tongue

@#$%Muther

I know the password for this torrent. If anyone wants it send me an IM. I will Give The password  only to the active members of this forum.

did you finish this torrent? if you did can u send me this file over msn? its gunsnrosesfan2004@hotmail.com thanks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2004, 10:00:51 PM »

I can almost guarantee that Axl plays these grand theft auto games, so if he endorses it and puts his voice in there he isnt selling out.

If an artist, athlete,movie star whatever really enjoys a product i dont find it selling out if they endorse it.

Now if Axl doesnt play video games and did the voice thing for money thats sellling out

but i can almost guarantee that between sessions of recording he probably is an avid video gamer.

does anyone know for sure if axl digs video games?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2004, 10:18:52 PM »

I can almost guarantee that Axl plays these grand theft auto games, so if he endorses it and puts his voice in there he isnt selling out.

If an artist, athlete,movie star whatever really enjoys a product i dont find it selling out if they endorse it.

i dont even know if he's endorsing it.. its not like the comercials are saying "featuring the voice of axl rose" or anything like that.. while playing the game people will either know its him or they wont..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2004, 10:23:42 PM »

my brother has it and he isnt a guns n roses fan and he knew that it featured GNR music and Axl Rose, so its being endorsed somewhere.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2004, 10:29:14 PM »

my brother has it and he isnt a guns n roses fan and he knew that it featured GNR music and Axl Rose, so its being endorsed somewhere.

The game's trailer features WTTJ.? Magazine previews inform the reader that Axl is the voice of a DJ.? It's not like the packaging has a "Features voice of Axl Rose" sticker on the cover of the game.
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2004, 10:42:32 PM »

It's so cool to hear Axl again!!  peace peace peace
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2004, 10:56:53 PM »

The game's trailer features WTTJ.  Magazine previews inform the reader that Axl is the voice of a DJ.  It's not like the packaging has a "Features voice of Axl Rose" sticker on the cover of the game.

my point exactly.. if you were the biggest rocker of all time at one point and you do a voice in a video game, you're gonna get mentioned.. but as long as you dont go using it to sell the merchendise, its not selling out.. hell, even us die-hard fans only heard of this a couple of days before the damn game came out..  hihi

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #277 on: October 25, 2004, 11:03:31 PM »

"music may not be the food of love but it certainly is the food of anonymous sex in hotel swimming pools"

"you're in the dust.. try not to shit your pants"

"i just washed my sports car.. only joking.. it got repossesed.. and i left seafood in the trunk"

"you know me.. i've lived rock n roll and i've also loved rock n roll.. i made a choice a long time ago that i'd only have one true love and it wasnt you, sandy"

"jusus, did someone screw their mother?"

"remember to fight the man tonight.. and if not, at least steal his woman"

"dont worry, smitty's with you.. i live the dream, i assure you.. i'd welcome you into my hot tub anytime assuming you're over the age of consent and infection free"

"the rock doesnt stop until we lose our lisince.. which could be soon"

caller: "hey, that band you're in, how come all the members have gone on to be really famous and you're like, NOT?"
nightmare: "look, there's a lot of people who make a living off my name.. the owner of this radio station, the glory hole theme park, the president.. but when it comes down to it, when the music stops rocking, i'll be there"

"if there's one thing england can do well, its sing.. must be all the rain"

"time is on your side.. especially if you're in the joint.. thank you sir rod, for all the good times and great memories"

"I'll tell you what, life is divided into two kinds of people.. those who like me, and those who can go to hell"

"my girlfriend once said that if i leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? i said 'what's your name again, honey?' its skinyard time again"

"i remember singing that song on the way to put my wife down.. just joking people.. she survived, ok?"

"music is like a drug.. but listen to the same thing for a couple of days, and you're on the dust"

"i'm a thunderbolt in your breakfast cereal.. you know what Tommy "the nightmare" Smith says about morning.. sleep through it and wake up during happy hour.. you're on the dust"

"if my ex-wife is listening, i just wanna say.. i WAS unfaithful.. ALL the time.. INCLUDING with your sister!"

~~~this isnt the whole thing tho.. because the sound bit i got from GNROSAS is part of it.. cuz at the end it just cuts off in the middle of a song.. so this isnt all of it.. just some.. and i left some stuff out that i couldnt hear very well and i was too lazy to go back and listen again.. enjoy this tho.. some of it is pretty funny
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 11:58:15 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

ffchief25
Opening Act

Is "soon" the word now Axl?

« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2004, 12:45:50 AM »

Got the game tonight...
Axl is given vocal credits on the radio station, and there is a picture of the AFD cover inside the game's instruction booklet as well.

To be exact, it says...
On page 10 of the booklet
KDST
DJ: Tommy the Nightmare Smith: W. Axl Rose

THE AFD Pic is on page 6 of the booklet
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »

Got the game tonight...
Axl is given vocal credits on the radio station, and there is a picture of the AFD cover inside the game's instruction booklet as well.

To be exact, it says...
On page 10 of the booklet
KDST
DJ: Tommy the Nightmare Smith: W. Axl Rose

THE AFD Pic is on page 6 of the booklet

anyone knows when the game will be out in Norway?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: