Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 76934 times)
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2004, 10:39:19 AM »

nice to know axl cares so much about his fans that he has time to do a video game and not finish the album you all so eargerly await.  why you wait i have no idea, why you still like him i have no idea Huh

Because we know it pisses you off.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

How much work do you think the GTA thing took?
/jarmo
From guys who wrote Axl's part...quite a lot, maybe. From Axl to do the reading..it couldn't have taken? be more than few days, donut breakes included.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2004, 01:08:05 PM »

/jarmo
From guys who wrote Axl's part...quite a lot, maybe. From Axl to do the reading..it couldn't have taken? be more than few days, donut breakes included.

I'd bet about a day or two....and it could have been done in his home studio, via dat, and shipped back to the sound guys for QA...if he REALLY didn't want to go in to record with them.  But I bet he did.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2004, 02:17:02 PM »

Exactly. Funny how some people think it really messed up the schedule for Axl.....

I guess some need to whine about everything.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2004, 05:34:36 PM »

here are the voice actors for the radio stations .. no Mr.Axl Rose on this list.  peace

Voiceactors

Carl Johnson ->
Sweet Johnson ->
Ryder ->
Cesar ->
Kendl Johnson ->
Zero ->
OG Loc ->
Frank Tenpenny ->
Maddog ->
The Truth ->
Wu Zi Mu ->
Ran Fali (Farlie) ->
Mike Torreno ->
Maccer ->
Eddie Pulaski ->
Officer Hernandez ->
Jizzy B ->
T-Bone Mendez ->
Ken Rosenberg ->

Young Maylay
Faizon Love
MC Eiht
Clifton Collins Jr
Yo Yo
David Cross
Jonathan Anderson
Samuel L. Jackson
Ice T
Peter Fonda
James Yaegashi
Hunter Platin
James Wood
Shaun Ryder
Chris Penn
Armando Riesco
Charlie Murphy
Kid Frost
William Fichtner

Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2004, 05:40:53 PM »

here are the voice actors for the radio stations .. no Mr.Axl Rose on this list.  peace

There's no Tommy Smith on the list either, and we know he's in the game  Wink

Like peeing clouds!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2004, 05:49:48 PM »

gah! I totally made a mistake when I read and posted that list. In my haste I thought that was the radio DJ's and their actors when in fact those are just some of the games characters. *sigh*

so sorry.

billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2004, 08:23:32 PM »

now the real question is, has anyone figured out a way to rip the entire audio track from the station?

Mike
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2004, 08:36:32 PM »

/jarmo

For Axl I'm guessing not much since he was just talking.  I doubt he went over and over what he said until he got it right so probably just a couple days.

As far as GTA SA itself I can imagine the whole game has been quite an undertaking.  We usually get a new installment of the franchise once a year.  Its been two full years since the last game (Vice City).

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2004, 08:41:01 PM »

now the real question is, has anyone figured out a way to rip the entire audio track from the station?

On the other GTA games there is always an option on the 'pause menu' to listen to any of the radio stations without the background noise of the game.? I usually just hook the audio cables from the PS2 directly into my computer and feed it right in from there.? If your computer doesn't have the capabilities for that you can always hook your PS2 audio into an auxilary port on your home stereo or something similar that has that function and put it on a cassette and transfer it to CD using a regular burner.? All GTA radio stations usually have an hour-long material duration before the station loops back to the beginning.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2004, 11:00:36 PM »

Anyone else take this as a sign of good faith?

Maybe the album is done and Axl used some of his time to do this gig while the album is in the final mastering stages like Stinson said it was?

Let the conspiracy theories begin...

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2004, 11:26:27 PM »

From the Official Playstation Magazine: "DJ Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, voiced by W. Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses)"

http://www.viado.org/gtasa-scan/DSC00899.JPG

(Look under the K-DST list)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 11:28:13 PM by Kahz » Logged

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2004, 11:26:53 PM »

Exactly. Funny how some people think it really messed up the schedule for Axl.....

I guess some need to whine about everything.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

first off i dont whine about what axl does, i think its histerical.  i think its even funnier that he has the time to spend time goofing off with a video game while he could of been doing something with the almighty CD.  nice to know where his priorities are for you moronic fans hihi

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2004, 11:28:38 PM »

Maybe the album is done and Axl used some of his time to do this gig while the album is in the final mastering stages like Stinson said it was?

-Jeff
Did you read what some people said above? It's not like Axl needed a month to record his voice in this game. He didn't need to have free time to do this little thing. Don't hold your breath.

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2004, 11:41:48 PM »

/jarmo

first off i dont whine about what axl does, i think its histerical.? i think its even funnier that he has the time to spend time goofing off with a video game while he could of been doing something with the almighty CD.? nice to know where his priorities are for you moronic fans hihi
Oh yes we all know Axl Rose is a slave chained to the recording studio. He left, oh my, he's a sinner! Angry We all know that the couple of days that Axl spent recording his vocal tracks for GTA4 will delay the album for months, maybe even years! I told the Pizza man very clearly that Axl was not allowed out of the studio. Maybe Axl bribed him somehow....anyways, he must be punished for this. No red-headed man will escape his recording studio under my watch. Fools. Angry Tongue
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2004, 11:57:03 PM »

/jarmo

first off i dont whine about what axl does, i think its histerical.? i think its even funnier that he has the time to spend time goofing off with a video game while he could of been doing something with the almighty CD.? nice to know where his priorities are for you moronic fans hihi
Oh yes we all know Axl Rose is a slave chained to the recording studio. He left, oh my, he's a sinner! Angry We all know that the couple of days that Axl spent recording his vocal tracks for GTA4 will delay the album for months, maybe even years! I told the Pizza man very clearly that Axl was not allowed out of the studio. Maybe Axl bribed him somehow....anyways, he must be punished for this. No red-headed man will escape his recording studio under my watch. Fools. Angry Tongue

my my, look whose getting all defensive like a lil girl.  i could care less if hes in the studio or not.  tommy said it himself..."hes not doing nothing, hes been working his ass off" he said something along those lines in that lame ass interview jarmo gave him.

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2004, 12:13:19 AM »

/jarmo

my my, look whose getting all defensive like a lil girl.? i could care less if hes in the studio or not.? tommy said it himself..."hes not doing nothing, hes been working his ass off" he said something along those lines in that lame ass interview jarmo gave him.
Hah, yeah we all know everytime someone makes a joke they're usually really angry and act offensive. *sarcasm* So you whine when Axl says absolutely nothing, and whine how he doesn't care about his fans yet he does something a lot of his fans will appreciate but you still bitch. You remind me of that character Ryan Starr from the Surreal Life, you just have ta bitch don't ya? Cheesy You are what I call a "Bafool". (it's a mix between fool and bafoon hihi)I'll spare the thread of your pointless argument so please continue to reply but I won't.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2004, 12:32:03 AM »

/jarmo

my my, look whose getting all defensive like a lil girl.? i could care less if hes in the studio or not.? tommy said it himself..."hes not doing nothing, hes been working his ass off" he said something along those lines in that lame ass interview jarmo gave him.
Hah, yeah we all know everytime someone makes a joke they're usually really angry and act offensive. *sarcasm* So you whine when Axl says absolutely nothing, and whine how he doesn't care about his fans yet he does something a lot of his fans will appreciate but you still bitch. You remind me of that character Ryan Starr from the Surreal Life, you just have ta bitch don't ya? Cheesy You are what I call a "Bafool". (it's a mix between fool and bafoon hihi)I'll spare the thread of your pointless argument so please continue to reply but I won't.

wow, you watch the sereal life ha.  thats such a cool show, lol.  anyway, im not bitching(i would bitch if i actually gave a shit), im making fun of you dorks who still believe in axl.  and if i was still a fan of axl i would not be happy he is in a video game filled with thugs, lol. 

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2004, 01:20:06 AM »

I guess some need to whine about everything.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

first off i dont whine about what axl does, i think its histerical.  i think its even funnier that he has the time to spend time goofing off with a video game while he could of been doing something with the almighty CD.  nice to know where his priorities are for you moronic fans hihi

my my, look whose getting all defensive like a lil girl.  i could care less if hes in the studio or not.  tommy said it himself..."hes not doing nothing, hes been working his ass off" he said something along those lines in that lame ass interview jarmo gave him.

wow, you watch the sereal life ha.  thats such a cool show, lol.  anyway, im not bitching(i would bitch if i actually gave a shit), im making fun of you dorks who still believe in axl.  and if i was still a fan of axl i would not be happy he is in a video game filled with thugs, lol. 

its better than hearing nothing from the guy in 2 years..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ChristineP
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2004, 06:57:53 AM »

-Jeff
YES! ME! yes
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: