Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:29:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 77175 times)
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2004, 12:46:15 AM »

so then I'm assuming in the actual game there will be more dialouge from this DJ character..!
nice? ? Smiley

there is indeed, and he says some funny things? Grin
btw its not just Tommy Smith, he goes by Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 02:05:57 AM by SuicideUZI » Logged

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
justidiggs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2004, 01:11:56 AM »

I definiltey think its Uncle axl i searched axl rose on GTA san andreas on goog le and cam up with this cant translate though sorry

http://www.konsolifin.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=11695&page=20&pp=25

tulipa vaan mieleen ett? mit? t?ss? tarkoitetaan Vice City blockilla "- Angel Pine is the size of 2 Vice City Blocks". Eli puhutaanko nyt vain korttelista vai jostain isommasta aluepalikasta?

Lis?ksi viel? t?llaista infoa:
"Manuskaa t?ss? viikonlopun aikana lukeneena tuli tsekattua my?s nuo pelin radioasemat l?pi. Metallip?ille sis?lt? on hieman pettymys, sill? yht??n puhdasta metallikanavaa ei pelist? n?ytt?isi l?ytyv?n. Yksi rock- ja yksi alternative-kanava l?ytyy sent??n kuitenkin. Ensin mainiulta l?ytyy mm. Kissi? ja sellaista (taisi juontajana olla Axl Rose, jos en v??rin katsonut) ja alternative-kanavalta l?ytyy mm. Faith No Morea, Danzigia ja Alice in Chainsia. Sitten paria eri rap-kanavaa l?ytyy tietysti, sek? soul-, kantri-kanavaa ja tietysti tukku muita tapauksia."

« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2004, 01:14:59 AM »

well those who question why he's doing it, i have a few ideas... first, i bet the gta crew really wanted wttj, since its the main part of the commercial.  also, with the lawsuit from slash and duff, he's probably not passing up any more chances to use gnr stuff when approached, possibly for future legal reasons.   thats what i think...

Mike
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2004, 02:40:05 AM »

What are the 2 songs that they play on that clip?  Anyone know.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2004, 02:56:25 AM »

I am really, really worried that we're going to hear the following from Axl in the next couple of months:

"Well, I was about to finish up Chinese Democracy, but then this wonderful opportunity to do this work in GTA came along.  Sorry."

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2004, 03:14:14 AM »

It's funny how no insiders sources told us about this little guest appearence.  hihi

SLCPUNK
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2004, 03:22:48 AM »

Just saw an ad with WTTJ in the background. Very cool.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2004, 03:56:03 AM »

What are the 2 songs that they play on that clip?? Anyone know.

The first song is "barracuda" by heart, and i think the second one is "extremes" by eddie money.

What Goes around comes around!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2004, 05:16:55 AM »

All i have to say is, that's Uncle Axl.? ?No Doubt it's him.? I'm pumped to get the game on Tuesday to see if his name is in the credits.? I now kinda believe that the November Date was supposed to happen.? ?Maybe this was a great way to promote it.

There's no way. It's Oct 23rd already, do you really think there's still time to promote an album in two weeks? There's no single, no announcements, no release date...there's nothing. All we have is Dizzy and Tommy saying final mixes are either done or close of being done.

On topic, yes that's Axl. Pretty cool he's sorta back into the public eye. This may be the first brick of the promoting house coming up soon. I haven't heard Axl's voice since that phone interview with that guy from a radio Station in Detroit in 2002. Maybe Chinese Democracy starts now. hihi
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2004, 06:27:22 AM »

"Manuskaa t?ss? viikonlopun aikana lukeneena tuli tsekattua my?s nuo pelin radioasemat l?pi. Metallip?ille sis?lt? on hieman pettymys, sill? yht??n puhdasta metallikanavaa ei pelist? n?ytt?isi l?ytyv?n. Yksi rock- ja yksi alternative-kanava l?ytyy sent??n kuitenkin. Ensin mainiulta l?ytyy mm. Kissi? ja sellaista (taisi juontajana olla Axl Rose, jos en v??rin katsonut) ja alternative-kanavalta l?ytyy mm. Faith No Morea, Danzigia ja Alice in Chainsia. Sitten paria eri rap-kanavaa l?ytyy tietysti, sek? soul-, kantri-kanavaa ja tietysti tukku muita tapauksia."

Well, it's Finnish so I can somewhat understand it...

A free translation goes something like:

"Having read the manual over the weekend I checked out the radiostations for the game. It's a bit of a disappointment for metalheads, since there's not a single metal only station in the game. 1 Rock and 1 alternative station could how ever be found. From the rock station you can find artists like Kiss and such (the dj was Axl Rose if I looked it up correctly) and on the alternatice channel you could find Faith No More, Danzig and Alice In Chains among the others. Then of course there's a few rap channels, a soul channel, a country one and a bunch of others."

So that kinda says everything.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2004, 06:58:32 AM »

I definiltey think its Uncle axl i searched axl rose on GTA san andreas on goog le and cam up with this cant translate though sorry

http://www.konsolifin.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=11695&page=20&pp=25

tulipa vaan mieleen ett? mit? t?ss? tarkoitetaan Vice City blockilla "- Angel Pine is the size of 2 Vice City Blocks". Eli puhutaanko nyt vain korttelista vai jostain isommasta aluepalikasta?

block taitaa t?ss? tapauksessa olla koko se kaupungin koko

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2004, 08:31:51 AM »

kupirock...

If you read the original post you'll find that the question about the block was in the original post just a part of a text that justdiggs found when he searched for Axl Rose on GTA... The question was not directed at anyone here..

Even if it was it would've been bad since 1) it's in Finnish on an all English board and 2) it's 100% off topic...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2004, 09:44:52 AM »

somedy stop me
I just heard 50 times that
I?m beggining to sing now
I?m gone crazy

is this song on the new record?
it?s a hit
release as a single
please

later.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2004, 10:15:27 AM »

Just listened to Axl's voice. Wow.....!

Definetely gonna pick up this game. Thanks for the link.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2004, 10:36:41 AM »

somedy stop me
I just heard 50 times that
I?m beggining to sing now
I?m gone crazy

is this song on the new record?
it?s a hit
release as a single
please

later.

huh? wtf? Man, drugs are bad.

@#$%Funker
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2004, 11:00:38 AM »

All i have to say is, that's Uncle Axl.? ?No Doubt it's him.? I'm pumped to get the game on Tuesday to see if his name is in the credits.? I now kinda believe that the November Date was supposed to happen.? ?Maybe this was a great way to promote it.

There's no way. It's Oct 23rd already, do you really think there's still time to promote an album in two weeks? There's no single, no announcements, no release date...there's nothing. All we have is Dizzy and Tommy saying final mixes are either done or close of being done.

I don't think it's coming out anytime soon, BUT...they did say right around Thanksgiving was the target (just like last year), which would give them about four weeks.
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2004, 11:56:25 AM »

it doesnt sound remotely like him at all.....not even close.....sorry
  I'm in the air about this one. The first time I listened to it, it didin't sound a thing like him. When I played it back again, it still sounded kinda funny. Maybe it was the distortion, or maybe it was the music in the background. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and there's no reason to go jumping down people's throats.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2004, 12:00:32 PM »

it's quite clearly him. the intonation of the voice is pretty trademark. he has hushed his voice a little bit, but the style is very familiar.

definetly axl.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2004, 12:48:04 PM »

Being pretty crap with computers could someone please explain to me why when i press play nothing happens and yes i did read what someone said about let the thing fill up pressing stop then play again and that did not work either.? I have a 56k modem is it my shit connection maybe? Or could i be doing something wrong
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2004, 01:31:06 PM »

This is officially 100% true.  I got my issue of OPM today and they have the first official review of the game.  As one of the sidebars to the review featured at the bottom of one of the pages it says in big red letters:

"AXL ROSE
Our favorite piece of San Andreas trivia is Axl's presence in the game.  He is the voice of K-DST DJ Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith and plays classic rock while bitching about his days as a rock star and lamenting the state of modern rock bands."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: