Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)  (Read 15223 times)
using my illusions
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2005, 11:58:24 AM »

hey, love to read a axl book Cheesy what would the name be?

possible book titles...

- the garden... or... "suckers" (dedicated to the fans)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2005, 12:11:03 PM »

Hi Eva, blah blah
Intercourse.
So you are drawing a conclusion that Slash n Duff shouldn?t have worked with such an asshole in the first place? What else can you expect from an asshole?
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 12:37:14 PM »

ppbebe,
That is not what I was talking about at all. I was calling Eva on her assertions that she hates Slash because makes out that Axl is an asshole all the time which I just don't think this is true. I was also debating with her about where Axl is in the blame stakes and the fact that I think both parties have a part in this not just Axl or just Slash.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 12:42:27 PM by Intercourse » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 01:02:18 PM »

I think both parties have a part in this not just Axl or just Slash.

exatctly, they should stand up for eachother when it comes to the past

they're just as responsible for the bad reputation the band got as any in the band
exept for izzy who backed away,  ok imo anyway

but mick wall maybe make a bash-axl article for the hundreth time is sooo uncool

gonna listen to get in the ring now beer have a good one peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »

In short I hate that Slash makes him out to simply be an asshole
Now that is fucked up.
Why does he do it? ?
What is he gonna accomplish by doing that?

Youre forgetting that Slash isnt alone...

Ask Izzy. or Steven.  Or Matt.  Or Duff, for that matter (although hes been far more polite about it).  Or a ton of other people (fans, Metallica, journalists, etc.).

If Slash acknowledged Axl's problems int the past, then why does he now want simply to make Axl out to be an asshole?

What exactly are you talking about?  Slash saying that Axls responsible for the breakup?  Slash calling Axl fucked-up?  Thats not saying "Axls just an asshole, thats why."  Completely different concepts.  If Slash is saying that Axls fucked-up, flaky or out there, which most agree he is, thats not simply calling him an asshole.  Not "being able" (  Roll Eyes) to go on-stage is part of being "fucked-up."

And its not just Axls unbelievably difficult struggle to perform Slash and others base their opinions on - Its off-stage antics, business dealings, etc. 

And if/when the time comes and Axl replies - don't be surprised if Axl has some 'anger' of his own to express about this.

He already has replied...It seems you guys always get convenient amnesia when it comes to interviews/rants that occurred before Dec. 6th, 2002. 

By the way, has this article even been read by anybody?  I imagine it was since everyone seems to know what Slash said...Id be interested if someone could share its content.  peace
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »

Couldn't have put it better myself Booker.
 cheers,
Would a list of wrongs by each party make things easier? I sometimes wonder that despite your talent for laying down your arguments clearly I see people mixing fact with their long held personal opinions here and making them new facts when taking you on. I find it astounding that people cannot apportion any blame to Axl and love to bag on Slash.
Intercourse
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2005, 02:11:21 PM »

Now Booker is leading to the conclusion that they shouldn?t have worked with such an asshole.
Yeah, I don?t know why ppl like Lars like him. yes
ppbebe,
That is not what I was talking about at all. I was calling Eva on her assertions that she hates Slash because makes out that Axl is an asshole all the time which I just don't think this is true. I was also debating with her about where Axl is in the blame stakes and the fact that I think both parties have a part in this not just Axl or just Slash.

Ok. Since Eva seems to just hate their slander against Axl (see how she doesn?t criticize BH), which is perhaps because of her love for the old band and you defend them bad mouthing, I thought otherwise.
Basically I?m a fuckin new gun?s supporter now that I?m somewhat indifferent towards how VR men speak ill of their oldfriend's past. To me, What Robin, Tommy, Brain and so on say is far more important.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2005, 02:19:52 PM »

I think some people try to hard to understand and accept Axl and just go blind on everything else, there's some behavior that just cant be defended. Please dont let the love for the man blind you so obviously.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2005, 02:37:42 PM »

oh lord

I have discussed all these issues before... anyone who has been on ths board in the past year (or longer) has read my views on all the things that have been brought up here...

read: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12227.msg216004#msg216004
read: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12550.60

its really tiring arguing the same things over and over
Slash blames Axl... Axl says Slash can suck his dick... Duff says they wrote the music without Axl... Izzy says Axl was hitler...
etc. ?etc.. etc.. blah.. blah.. blah

Intercourse - I have specifically expressed my opinion/views on everything you have asked about in your reply.
If you (or anyone else) are interested read the above linked threads and others in my posting history. ?You, Intercourse, seem to enjoy my posts - so you may actually enjoy reading those also. ?ok

Regarding my comment: Bottom line is either you think Axl was/is an asshole or you don't.
I still stand by that.

Your reply does not answer that question. ?
Sorry if you believe that your answer to that is contained in your reply - it is not clearly stated.

BookerFloyd - you should answer me the same question.
Do you think Axl is an asshole or not?
Don't tell me whether you think he is/was 'fucked up' or not - as you point out that is not the same thing.
Do you think Axl was/is an asshole who didn't/doesn't give a shit about his bandmates or the fans?

If you appreciate/understand/like Slash's comments over the years about Axl - that's your perogative.
I don't. ? As for the article in which features the cover title "Slash slams Axl" or Mick Wall's article...
I haven't read 'em and don't expect to. ?Anyting 'new' that is brought out in these articles I'm sure will be posted about here...
though I don't expect to hear any revelations / anything new from either Slash or Mick Wall about Axl.
Same ol' same ol'.

... Eva seems to just hate their slander against Axl

Thank you ppbebe!!  someone understand what I was saying!!  ok
I did state clearly more than once in this thread times that I hate/don't like what they say/how they portray Axl.   ok

BookerFlyod - I don't have convenient amnesia.
when i said...

"And if/when the time comes and Axl replies - don't be surprised if Axl has some 'anger' of his own to express about this..
... I am obviously speaking about Axl replying in the future regarding recent/current/post 2002 Slash/Duff comments about Axl. ?

You can't say that Axl's comments in 2002 (or prior) were in reply to comments Slash has made in 2003, 2004, 2005... ?Wink

and
Walapino...   because I don't think Axl is an asshole I am blind?

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2005, 03:00:27 PM »

BookerFloyd - you should answer me the same question.
Do you think Axl is an asshole or not?
Don't tell me whether you think he is/was 'fucked up' or not - as you point out that is not the same thing.
Do you think Axl was/is an asshole who didn't/doesn't give a shit about his bandmates or the fans?

You keep referencing this "asshole/doesnt care about the fans" thing as if its what Slash is saying.  Now if youre conceding that Slash hasnt said these things (and I dont believe he has), why are we discussing them?  If youre just curious, I suggest making a seperate thread - one in which Slashs opinions/quotes arent being discussed.  It would save some of us some confusion.

If you appreciate/understand/like Slash's comments over the years about Axl - that's your perogative.
I don't.

And like I just pointed out, its not just Slashs opinions.  Yes, I certainly understand Slashs comments.  I actually just read the 2002 Press Realease interview and the 2000 Rolling Stone article, and its Axls comments I dont get.  But thats for another thread...

I dont know what you wouldnt understand about Slashs (and Izzys, and Stevens, and Matts, and so on..) comments. 

As for the article in which features the cover title "Slash slams Axl" or Mick Wall's article...
I haven't read 'em and don't expect to.

Oh...so youre upset with Slashs comments...and you havent read them.  I see.

Thank you ppbebe!!? someone understand what I was saying!!? ok
I did state clearly more than once in this thread times that I hate/don't like what they say/how they portray Axl.? ?ok

What "slander?" 

You can't say that Axl's comments in 2002 (or prior) were in reply to comments Slash has made in 2003, 2004, 2005... ?Wink

No, but his comments from 1999 to 2002 were made "in response" (they really didnt respond to anything) to Slashs comments prior.  No difference, really.

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »

[I think Axl himself has beaten us all to the punch by declaring himself and asshole on mnay occaisions.

Also Eva,
you too have avoided some points I made, including:

Regarding not caring about his fans.
Why come on three hours late because of 'personal trauma' ? Bono buried his father on a Friday and played two sold out and amazing gigs in Ireland the Saturday and Sunday. He almost cried on stage but did himself proud.

Why walk off because one guy keeps taking your picture (St. Louis)? What about the other 75,000 well bahaved fans who have waited hours to see you play?

Why walk off because your band makes an ass of Patience (Detroit 2002), that's the bands fault not the fans?

Why walk off because your monitors don't sound good, that's your engineers faut, not your fans, yet guess who gets the shitty end of the stick again?

Why not come out and tell your fans how you feel, where you are and what's going on with the album instead of two years of silence?

I cannot see ANY love for the fans in those actions so please feel free to justify them.

Intercourse.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 03:32:25 PM by Intercourse » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2005, 03:30:41 PM »

'That's ok I know I'm an asshole!!'.

hihi

I dont appreciate/understand/like Axls comments on Axl!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2005, 04:41:17 PM »

If Slash is saying that Axls fucked-up, flaky or out there, which most agree he is, thats not simply calling him an asshole

most agree? what group does 'most' comprise? Brian May said very nice things, Josh Freeze too, Robin, Tommy, Zakk....and many more. Axl is very often portrayed as a polite, down to earth person; but he is also very private. Your statement is too much of a generalization to be true.

I think you have understand there are alot of people who have very extreme opinions on the man which is understandable for someone who does not interact with too many people.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2005, 04:54:14 PM »

Some people can't stand that there are still people who have immense faith and respect for Axl Rose. It's going to be quite hilarious when Axl delivers and those people will be left in the dust, looking like imbeciles Smiley

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2005, 05:01:37 PM »

Some people can't stand that there are still people who have immense faith and respect for Axl Rose. It's going to be quite hilarious when Axl delivers and those people will be left in the dust, looking like imbeciles Smiley

Nope...

You dont get it...I want Axl to succeed.? So if/when he does, Ill be just as happy as you guys.? For now, Im frustrated that he doesnt deliver.?

Certain fans mustve looked like imbeciles on Dec. 6th, huh?

most agree? what group does 'most' comprise?

Those fans and artists who can take into account his erratic behavior, canceled shows, and canceled tours, not to mention unusual new age beliefs and tons of other allegations that dont need to be mentioned.  I think you know as well as I that Axl is eccentric.  Its no secret.  And the guys that matter most, in my opinion - his former band - have all painted a similar picture.  Of course that doesnt mean hes never nice, or always acting crazy.  But all I have to do is look at history to justify Slash referring to Axl as "fucked-up," or difficult to work with, or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 05:14:14 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »

Why would fans look like imbeciles? That weekend was one of the worst ever for Guns N Roses fans, almost like something special died. I don't think anyone had egg on their faces other than members of the band and its management. I too am disappointed we have had no movement in two years, but I am not losing sleep at this point. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, well the music world will survive.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2005, 05:28:30 PM »

Why would fans look like imbeciles?

Ask the original poster...Im pointing out that its silly to say that more cynical fans will look like idiots when Axl delivers (despite being right for however many years), while the 'believers' who trust that hell come through were obviously mistaken on Dec. 6th.  Axl himself said proving the naysayers wrong got him misty-eyed...and then he proved them right.  Undecided

That weekend was one of the worst ever for Guns N Roses fans, almost like something special died.

No need to tell me, I was right there ducking the airborn beers and sodas.

I don't think anyone had egg on their faces other than members of the band and its management.

According to TiedHands logic, so did the fans who had faith in Axl.

I too am disappointed we have had no movement in two years, but I am not losing sleep at this point.

Neither am I.  In fact, my anticipation for CD is lower than ever.  Ill be thrilled should it come out, but at this moment, I honestly dont care very much.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »

If Slash is saying that Axls fucked-up, flaky or out there, which most agree he is, thats not simply calling him an asshole

most agree? what group does 'most' comprise? Brian May said very nice things, Josh Freeze too, Robin, Tommy, Zakk....and many more. Axl is very often portrayed as a polite, down to earth person; but he is also very private. Your statement is too much of a generalization to be true.

I think you have understand there are alot of people who have very extreme opinions on the man which is understandable for someone who does not interact with too many people.

Zakk Wylde has said bad things about Axl too. Supposedly Axl backtracked and lied about the conditions of joining the band. A few years afterwards, Zakk said he kicked Axl out of a party in front of other musicians, with no objection from anyone. That was the last time they spoke.

He also said Axl didnt have vocal melody ideas for any songs GNR were working on.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2005, 05:49:31 PM »

Not to sound too serious, but in life, generally, you have to fight for things that you want. What fun is it just to say 'oh well, looks like we're not gonna be getting it" and just making it a non-issue. This is a GNR forum, after all. What's the point in posting here if you're expectations are low? It would be a lot easier for me if I had the ability to just forget about it and say 'well, it'll come out whenever'. We all need something to look forward to...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2005, 06:05:50 PM »

why you call axl cracy and eccentric?

some says he has bad child luggage and that can make problem behavior and hauntin negative mood-
-but seems far from delsuional or mad, ? Tongue

does anyone know if it's online already (the article)

would be cool if he wrote a book sometime, what a trip Cheesy
Why would fans look like imbeciles?

you sure he was talkin about fans headscratch hmm...? idea not?? Tongue

cool mags still get rich writin about axl ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: