Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:48:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)  (Read 15228 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 11:57:12 AM »

me not like

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:57 PM »

Has anyone read the article yet? When's it out?

Here today...ready to rock
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 01:21:30 PM »

Mick Wall?  As in the guy who gets bashed in Get in the ring, yea, that'll be an objective article!!

That's a hatrick for Doull
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 01:30:47 PM »

It depends who he interviews and who he quotes.  I believe it was the SPIN magazine that quoted Erin Everly from court saying Axl thought he had the souls of his dead dogs transferred.  Now that was from an under oath testimony.  But if Mick Wall just has a bunch of anonymous quotes I am not going to beileve every word he says.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »

me not like

Fantastic. Your cheque's in the mail.

Wouldn't it be better to add to the conversation and say why you don't like it? Hmm?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 04:20:56 PM »

Seems like Mick Walls not the only one at it.

This weeks Kerrang - front cover headline 'Slash slams Axl'.  Roll Eyes

Basically its an interview between Morat (famous UK journalist) and Slash. In it Morat grills Slash about the tantrums, late shows, no shows, riots etc. He argues that Axl couldn't cope with him and Izzy being of their tits, when he was sober.

Come on Axl, lets hear what you have to say!  rant

Here today...ready to rock
using my illusions
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 04:48:12 PM »

Axl will have his say when he releases the album. and as much as i love slash and the other ex. members that quit. they won't have a thing to say. they know his genius, and are spouting out shit now, before the album is out, cause it's easier to take shots now. they know that it will be an amazing album, and when it's out, they will look stupid. and somewhere deep down inside, they wish they never left. and they know, they can't come back... so they take their shots. i mean, if axl was talking shit, then yea, then i could understand, but it's like, get over it slash, you left, its been what? 9 years... let it go.

blah blah fuckin blah...  smoking
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 09:20:39 PM »

This weeks Kerrang - front cover headline 'Slash slams Axl'. Roll Eyes

Come on Axl, lets hear what you have to say! rant

damn Slash is at it again eh?

well, NO ONE can say shit if/when Axl replies in like manner
keep digging Slash... keep digging  hihi
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 09:22:48 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
jgfnsr
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 10:48:40 PM »

where can i find that spin article entitled,"what the world needs now is Axl Rose."? And when is it from?

If I'm not mistaken, that Spin issue was from '99.  Maybe you could still order it through the company if they have any back-issues left over...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 08:27:40 AM »

where can i find that spin article entitled,"what the world needs now is Axl Rose."? And when is it from?

If I'm not mistaken, that Spin issue was from '99.? Maybe you could still order it through the company if they have any back-issues left over...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=71

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 08:34:14 AM »

keep digging Slash... keep digging  hihi
If Slash is slamming Axl for walking off stage, riots etc he has every right to. I watched Axl walk off after 4 songs in Manheim, Germany in 1991 and Slash was left on stage in front of 75,000 irate fans apologising and promising to get back on stage ASAP. Jesus, can you accept even ONCE that Axl deserved some criticism for putting his feelings above the safety and well being of his band and 75,000 people who had paid a fortune to see him.
Also, regarding Slash not acknowledging Axl is a genius, bullshit. He said some great things about Axls abilities and presence as a front man in Behind the Music. Be fair people.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 09:35:55 AM »

There is one quote in the article that I thought spoke volumes. Whether it was Axl's psyche at the time, or what seems to be a permanent creed with him:

"Why would he want to walk away?
"Why would I want to stay?" he snapped back. "I've had a Number 1 record, I've learned to work a stadium...All I want now is to get this next record done. If we can pull this thing off, if we do it right, it'll be five years before we have to make another album."

I mean, granted, if this is coming from Mick Wall, do take with caution. Still, using the past tense ("had"), using "we", and then marking a term of 'five years'.

Going by this quote, there's no doubt in my mind that Chinese Democracy will DEFINITELY come out. Someone of this caliber and psyche (look at Stanley Kubrick, look at Howard Hughes) will not let something die off. It will only see the light of day if all of Axl's terms are accomodated, not before.

When? Better check with Axl's psychic, not him.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 09:46:05 AM »

keep digging Slash... keep digging? hihi
If Slash is slamming Axl for walking off stage, riots etc he has every right to. I watched Axl walk off after 4 songs in Manheim, Germany in 1991 and Slash was left on stage in front of 75,000 irate fans apologising and promising to get back on stage ASAP. Jesus, can you accept even ONCE that Axl deserved some criticism for putting his feelings above the safety and well being of his band and 75,000 people who had paid a fortune to see him.
Also, regarding Slash not acknowledging Axl is a genius, bullshit. He said some great things about Axls abilities and presence as a front man in Behind the Music. Be fair people.

I don't care what Slash thinks he has the right to 'slam' Axl for... ?whether it be Axl's behavior 14 years ago or whether it be for being the only one he believes there is to blame for the the 'breakup' ... or whether it be because he 'knows for a fact' that Axl only has vocals recorded for 2 songs for the new album...

All i said was if/when AXL has something to say about Slash... there should not be a huge outcry like "oh Axl is a loser cuz he is STILL talking about Slash...e tc... etc... He's living in the past... etc. etc... he's trying to get attention by talking about the old band... he's starting shit with Slash... etc."
(although I'm sure IF Axl said anything that is what we would hear)

Congrats to Slash on getting 'Front Cover' for slamming Axl ?ok
Are you so dumb that you don't see that you are just feeding the vultures off your own fucking carcass?

Sorry but its so frustrating to see Slash continue to beat 'his boy' down... ? In the end it only tells about himself though doesn't it?

The problems that Axl's eratic behavior caused were not intentional nor due to any lack of caring about the fans.
Slash is quick enough to point out how this or that effected him and how it sucked for the fans and quick to make Axl out to be an asshole that didnt' care about them (the other bandmembers) or the fans - ?thing is that Slash doesn't know what it took for Axl to get out there on stage and Slash doesn't know what pressure Axl felt and Slash doesn't appreciate what Axl was going through - how could he then - he was too wasted.
Is he still? ?Why can he not fucking get it through his head that Axl did not act that way or put them through this or that because he was simply being an asshole?! ?Why can he not take his snyd comments about Axl being 'mental' a bit more to heart and understand that it was a real fucked up time for Axl and it was very hard for him to be going though the shit he was going through personally yet still be such a huge public figure and have all these 'kids' looking up to him -- and have he media tearing HIM apart and at the same time know that NO ONE understood him - no one - not even the guys who were supposed to be his best friends.

I was not there as and we were not there as someone will be quick to point out - so what do we have to go by? ?Simply thier words that tell the story. ?Axl's story is one in which he reveals what he was going through - offering these not as an excuse but as somewhat of an explanation. ?Slash's story is one in which he simply paints Axl as an egotistical asshole who didn't give a shit. ?Based on that I don't see Slash having any understanding of his former friend. ?

listen... enough I suppose
you Intercourse say "jesus can't I accept that Axl deserved some criticism"
sure... I understand that his actions caused him to be open to criticism
what I don't think is that anyone - including Slash - should judge him so harshly ignoring the circumstances and without considering what his intentions were or were not

In short I hate that Slash makes him out to simply be an asshole
Now that is fucked up.
Why does he do it? ?
What is he gonna accomplish by doing that?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 09:51:56 AM »

There is one quote in the article that I thought spoke volumes. Whether it was Axl's psyche at the time, or what seems to be a permanent creed with him:

"Why would he want to walk away?
"Why would I want to stay?" he snapped back. "I've had a Number 1 record, I've learned to work a stadium...All I want now is to get this next record done. If we can pull this thing off, if we do it right, it'll be five years before we have to make another album."

I mean, granted, if this is coming from Mick Wall, do take with caution. Still, using the past tense ("had"), using "we", and then marking a term of 'five years'.

Going by this quote, there's no doubt in my mind that Chinese Democracy will DEFINITELY come out. Someone of this caliber and psyche (look at Stanley Kubrick, look at Howard Hughes) will not let something die off. It will only see the light of day if all of Axl's terms are accomodated, not before.

When? Better check with Axl's psychic, not him.

You can bet your sweet ass on that  ok
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 10:45:10 AM »

Eva,
Put the shoe on the other foot.
I
Can you imagine what it is like to be left in front of 70,000 people with no fucking singer every few weeks and the pressure it put THEM under.
Imagine what it is like to hear the booing in the stadium knowing you are THREE HOURS late on stage and the singer has not decided to even go on yet.
Think abkout it, his oldest friend Izzy has NEVER joined a band with a lead singer since.
I don't blame them for being angry at all!!

Whatever spin you want to put on this, it's just rock and roll, singing a few fucking songs, it is not spinal surgery. Get out there, be a fucking man and DO YOUR JOB. There are thousands of people out there in our world  fighting to make a living under savage circulmstances and they don't have the luxury of just bailing on everybody because they need to talk to their therapist. If he couldn't do it he should have just scrapped the tour.  You cannot say that there was no support mechanism in the band because we can see how Slash and Duff supported Axl in the press back then  despite the problems he created. In fact Slash acknowledged that Axls problems gave him his incredible edge as a front man in the 'Behind the Music' documentary.

Besides, Axl has been in 'therapy' for 15 years now and the chap still cannot deliver, he still walks off.  Maybe its time to accept that he doesn't want to be helped. I have never read a statement from Axl apologising for anything bad that has happened either in the last band or the new one. He blames EVERYBODY else: from managers to promoters to departing band members for the woes in Guns. Don't get me wrong, I am here everyday because of the burn he put on my musical soul, I worship the mans work, but for fucks sake, if it looks like shit, smells like shit then it IS shit.
Accountability and a set of balls PLEASE!!!
Intercourse.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 01:44:41 PM »

Axl deserves all the shit that is being thrown his way.  He's the Micheal Jackson of the rock world (minus the molestation thing!).  But even Jackson has had some new material out unlike Asshole Rose.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 08:28:14 PM »

Axl deserves all the shit that is being thrown his way.? He's the Micheal Jackson of the rock world (minus the molestation thing!).? But even Jackson has had some new material out unlike Asshole Rose.

WHY?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 09:04:59 PM »

Intercourse...
I understand... I understand that it sucked for them when Axl was late or left early or couldn't go on.
Your choice of words here: ?"and the singer has not decided to even go on yet" seems to indicate you view his actions were by choice.
This is an important distinction... ?Was it simply a matter of Axl deciding whether he wanted to go on or not OR was it a matter of his being able to go on or not.

Their frustation recalling those times is understandable and I am not saying they aren't entitled to expressing it.
Again, what bothers me is that Slash talks like Axl just made these decisions willy nilly without giving a shit about them or the fans -
- in other words he makes Axl out to just be some sort of asshole. ?Why does he do this?

If Slash acknowledged Axl's problems int the past, then why does he now want simply to make Axl out to be an asshole?

Whatever happened to the understanding that enabled there to be this "support mechanism" which you speak of?

Axl did his best to fill his obligation to the band and the promoters and to the fans who bought tickets WHILE at the same time going through major personal crisis. ?
To say it wasn't good enough and that he should have just quit IMO is rather ungrateful.
He did the best he could. ?Either you accept and appreciate that or you don't. ?

As far as your commeents about Axl not delivering and your views on why he hasn't... ?
- while it is a fact that the new album has not been released... any speculation on WHY it hasn't been released yet is just that - speculation.
Its not as simple as saying "if it looks like shit, smells like shit... etc"

"Accountability and a set of balls PLEASE!!!"

Thats a funny demand if you think about it...
It can be said that to be accountable is to answer to others ...
AND
it can be said that to have balls is to answer to noone but yourself . ?
hihi

we could go back and forth on this...
Bottom line is either you think Axl was/is an asshole or you don't.

Plain and simple.... I don't.
And that is even with 'putting the shoe on the other foot' etc.
and that is why I don't like when Slash talks shit about him /'slams' him / makes him out to be an asshole who didn't/doesn't give a shit about his bandmates or his fans.
Thats bullshit.  And if/when the time comes and Axl replies - don't be surprised if Axl has some 'anger' of his own to express about this.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2005, 10:33:33 AM »

Hi Eva,

Thanks for the excellent reply.
In response to:
Was it simply a matter of Axl deciding whether he wanted to go on or not OR was it a matter of his being able to go on or not.

Regarding 'not being able' to go on. What exactly was stopping him? Ironically, Scott Weiland has battled with bi-polar disorder (same as Axl) and heroin addiction and showed up every night with STP and VR (until he was jailed of course Roll Eyes) My point again is, it's just singing in a band, the only real job Axl ever had. What the hell was he afraid of? Do you think Axl was taking himself a little too seriously here? If he really suffered so badly with all of this why did he not just cancel the tour? Why is still planning with CD 'to take this all around the world for a long time man' if this is all such a terrible problem for him? I have never seen the man look afraid on stage, angry yes, but never afraid. I'm sorry but with all the shit in the world today (tsunami etc)  I just don't accept that singing a few songs in front of legions of adoring fans can be that fucking difficult.

Intercourse...

If Slash acknowledged Axl's problems in the past, then why does he now want simply to make Axl out to be an asshole?

I know you hate Slash but review his quotes; they mostly regard his anger with Axls lateness,  his no-shows, his hiring of Hoogie without his say so, and Slashs own loss of voice within GNR. The man said the situation in the band and Axl left him suicidal, does that not buy him some humanity from your side? To be suicidal is to be pushed right to the end of your tether and that signifies serious abuse of him by some or all of the elements in the band, and that should be acknowledged.  Also, Slash has defended Axl, even in recent interviews, more so than a lot of people have.  If you could point me to the quotes about Axl that led you to hate Slash I would be glad to read them.  To say Slash simply wants to make Axl out as just as asshole is plain incorrect. He was very gracious in Behind The Music.

Conversely, Axl was less than savory about Slash in ALL of the rare interviews he has given and has told a few lies himself. In his interview with Kurt Loader, he said Slash stopped him from making an AFD style record which seems like guff since all of the new songs are epic and long  with electronic layering. Also, Matt mentioned their complaints about the piano being used all the time while writing new material while the band  wanted to rock out some more (Behind the Music).
Axl has roared that Slash can 'suck his dick' on stage, something that Slash has NEVER condescended to do. In fact, Slash has broken up anti-Axl chants at VR gigs and still refuses to get in a slagging match with Axl. He called him a 'genius' and 'an amazing songwriter' in Behind the Music, never anything personally derogative. He has said his piece regarding late shows and power moves but has never INSULTED Axl as badly as Axl has him. Besides, Slash gets asked about the Axl thing 100 times a day in interviews and he responds, its not a witch hunt on his side, he's just out there right now, Axl isn't. I just don't see what drives your bile.

Axl did his best to fill his obligation to the band and the promoters and to the fans who bought tickets WHILE at the same time going through major personal crisis. 
To say it wasn't good enough and that he should have just quit IMO is rather ungrateful.
He did the best he could.  Either you accept and appreciate that or you don't.

I never said that Axls contribution to the UYI tour wasn't good enough, I merely said if it was too tough on him he should have quit because people got badly hurt in riots etc as a result of his rash actions, he should have been more responsible if he cared so deeply about his fans as you attest.  To walk off because somebody took your picture is lame; I don't care what anybody says. It?s just a goddamn photograph (St. Louis)!! Axl should have thought about the other 71,999 fans out there behaving themselves and not the one asshole!!
Plus as I said before (and I wish you would comment on this), it's been 15 years of therapy and the guy still bails on shows (after patience in Detroit 2002) when he gets in a snot. Eva, this is a 42 year old man we are talking about!  Just how long does somebody need to get their shit together enough to fulfill their obligation the fans out front who paid their money and entered into a contract with the band to see them play a full set on that night? It smacks more of DIVA to me rather than deep personal trauma. A bad monitor mix is not a sufficient reason to just bail and it has nothing at all to do with his child abuse or any such thing. It's just being a spoilt brat!!

Whatever happened to the understanding that enabled there to be this "support mechanism" which you speak of?
Again, what happened to Axl supporting them? He is the front man, he should be leading his band. He is a professional yet he cost them millions in late fees, riot costs, law suits etc and they still stood by him.  How much blood do you want? Why didn't Axl step up? He spend most of UYI alone and operating under his own rules excluding all around. If the bands behaviour bothered him so much he should have called them on it. He didn?t because he knew he wanted rid of them and they knew it too. They all said when they landed home after UYI finished that they knew it was over.

Thats a funny demand if you think about it...
It can be said that to be accountable is to answer to others ...
AND
it can be said that to have balls is to answer to noone but yourself .   

Often having a set of balls is accepting some blame for things gone wrong, answering to others, not selfishly suiting yourself and blaming everybody else.
Bottom line is either you think Axl was/is an asshole or you don't.
I don't agree. Some of you are all Axl and no Slash (and visa versa) which I personally do not understand. Both parties were at fault here and it?s precisely that blinkered view of the world that has led GnR to this sorry place. Back in 1991, I honestly thought they were the new Stones or Queen and look at what we have today, a recluse with no product and a band full of sole traders.
That is why I don't like when Slash talks shit about him /'slams' him / makes him out to be an asshole who didn't/doesn't give a shit about his bandmates or his fans.
For him to insist the HE is Guns N Roses, then he doesn?t care that for many of us fans. It was the total package that gave millions of us such joy, the sum of the parts, not just Axl.

. And if/when the time comes and Axl replies - don't be surprised if Axl has some 'anger' of his own to express about this.

I hope so, I would love Axl to write a book about this, I really want to know the mans side.
Peace,
Intercourse.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »

it's axl rose we're talking,

we're not gonna eat fonzie's pussy, so don't expect him to behave to much or care about how you should behave appropiate...? ?Tongue your still human, huh?

me not like

Fantastic. Your cheque's in the mail.

Wouldn't it be better to add to the conversation and say why you don't like it? Hmm?

many think it sucks that people are as they are adn bitch about it like mick wall- he writes about whats negative about axl mostly, imo,
-not so good journalism... but sure intrestin to read and pic-stuff Cheesy

if you think it's disrespectful for performers to behave like axl, then blame companies and coorpatives that presentin these people and puttin them outhere...? ok
most performers are who they are anyway, it's the companies who are inappropiate in that way, i think Undecided?

... true to his own spirit - not a boyband-boy, hm?? Wink

Eva, this is a 42 year old man we are talking about!
what do you mean?? Huh

agree that slash may have reason to be bitter because of axl, and the impact his act had on his life
but if it was so bad why didn't he cut all association with people he doesen't like?? ?confused

he knew this b4 and should not make deals as a bandmember in a band who's conseqvenses he later won't stand for,
-when he knew then these events may occure,

late shows, no shows, riots etc. ok slash does not wan't to be associated to that? axl's fault maybe, but group responsebillety, and buisnessmen presentin them,
- do not be a part of a social group if can't stand up 4 stuff that happens,? peace

guess that's gnr 4 ya hihi

hey, love to read a axl book Cheesy what would the name be?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 05:33:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: