Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the alleged GnR feature in Feb 2005 Mojo magazine (just an axl bashing article)  (Read 15221 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« on: January 11, 2005, 08:08:31 PM »

the GnR feature in the new issue of Mojo magazine looks like it's just going to be an article about how crazy axl is...it doesn't look like it will provide any new or valuable info about Gnr.  Here's what the Mojo website says about the upcoming feature:

GUNS N' ROSES
Be careful what you wish for, if what you wish for is self-validation via drugs, cash and heavy metal. Mick Wall unveils the tragedy of Axl Rose.

looks like they're just doing a story about how axl is psycho and a failure, etc.....same old axl bashing
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »

not surprised

wonder if they'll put Axl on the cover to sell thier trash

*confesses to buying the SPIN "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose" issue - if for nothing else other than the COVER!*
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »

what's wrong with Mick Walls? he has the same syndrome that has infected alot of former fans.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »

what's wrong with Mick Walls? he has the same syndrome that has infected alot of former fans.

axl called him out in song and that will live on forever since it's recorded and sold to the masses. I guess he has a grudge on his shoulder ever since. It would be nice if Mick Wall could get over it allready but I guess it makes him money.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »

It's too bad really. There is a bit of hypocrisy in doing so many negative articles on someone who isn't even in the public light. Walls must be fixated on the redhead.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:58:39 PM »

Any idea when it hits the shelves?  I'd like to see what the asshole has to say anyway.

The Devil hates a loser
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 09:59:26 PM »

If it really is another article bashing Axl he has no one else to blame but himself. To say his behavior has been anything but odd would be an understatement, and by continuing to be silent he opens himself up to articles like this. If he doesn't wantt articles like this written he should try behaving more normally (I.E. releasing albums and talking to fans and the media....you know, things rock stars do.)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 10:12:17 PM »

axl called him out in song and that will live on forever since it's recorded and sold to the masses. I guess he has a grudge on his shoulder ever since. It would be nice if Mick Wall could get over it allready but I guess it makes him money.
I think that Mick Walls really wanted to suck Axl's dick but got embarrassed when Axl suggested publicly that he do so.? ? hihi
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »

he should try behaving more normally (I.E. releasing albums and talking to fans and the media....you know, things rock stars do.)

Well, you gotta remember that Axl isn't just any old rock star. He does what he wants and he's not out to please anyone...

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
jgfnsr
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 10:21:08 PM »

I actually thought the Spin article was the best one.  Probably still is.

If Walls wants to Axl-bash, well whatever, but he better damn well have something new to say. 

I mean, some new info about Mr. Rose, the band, the record, something...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 10:29:31 PM »

I wish I could say it but I rather read the blues

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 12:18:48 AM »

where can i find that spin article entitled,"what the world needs now is Axl Rose."  And when is it from?
RICHEY
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 02:13:50 AM »

Sid Vicious is on the cover. I had to choose between the mag or The Who DVD The Kids Are Alright.....I went with Townshend.Look axl is going to be portrayed as nut until CD is unleashed.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 06:00:17 AM »

When Mick Wall is the writer you know what to expect. It must be the 100th article he's written about Axl. He's so obsessed with him it's quite scary  confused

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
SADIS
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 07:08:35 AM »

Hahaha, that's very funny! Mick Wall still writing an negative article about Axl, 14 years after the release of GITR. Wow, he must be in love with Axl really bad. Too bad Axl ain't gay, Mick. So I think it's best if you fixate on someone else.  hihi
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 07:10:21 AM »

People get the shits with Axl coz of the simple fact that he has'nt really done much in a while and he is still more popular N' powerful than all these Fuckin' Arseholes.

GO AXL ok

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
darkmonth
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 08:24:20 AM »

When Mick Wall is the writer you know what to expect. It must be the 100th article he's written about Axl. He's so obsessed with him it's quite scary? confused

Mick Wall is a great journalist who know's his stuff.  He may have written a lot of GnR related articles, but that's because he's probably the journalist who knew them all better than anyone else.

Do you know that he's still friendly with all the other members of GnR?  Slash, Izzy etc... Do a bit of your own research before you slag him off.  I have books and articles by Mick Wall and not one of them is bad.

I have the article that Axl slagged Mick off in Get In The Ring over, and it's not half as bad as Axl thought.  And plus, he said it all.  Don't for one second believe that Mick Wall (a fucking highly respected and liked -by many musicians- member of the press) made shit up about Axl.  I am 100% confident that everything Mick wrote, Axl said.

I'll buy this one.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 08:55:47 AM »

When Mick Wall is the writer you know what to expect. It must be the 100th article he's written about Axl. He's so obsessed with him it's quite scary  confused

Mick Wall is a great journalist who know's his stuff.  He may have written a lot of GnR related articles, but that's because he's probably the journalist who knew them all better than anyone else.

Do you know that he's still friendly with all the other members of GnR?  Slash, Izzy etc... Do a bit of your own research before you slag him off.  I have books and articles by Mick Wall and not one of them is bad.

I have the article that Axl slagged Mick off in Get In The Ring over, and it's not half as bad as Axl thought.  And plus, he said it all.  Don't for one second believe that Mick Wall (a fucking highly respected and liked -by many musicians- member of the press) made shit up about Axl.  I am 100% confident that everything Mick wrote, Axl said.

I'll buy this one.

What's your problem? I never criticized his writing style. I've also read his book (not too bad) and all the articles he's written about the band since the beginning.  And yes I know he's still friends with Slash, so please get off your high horse.
But over the last 10 years, he's done god knows how many articles about Axl, and they all basically repeat the same things over and over. That is a fact, you can hardly deny it.  Whether what he writes happened or not, he must have a serious bug up his ass.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 10:14:05 AM »

Who knows?  Mabey it will cause Axl to make his voice heard.  The silence from the GNR camp has been quite long.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 11:39:46 AM »

Do you know that he's still friendly with all the other members of GnR?  Slash, Izzy etc...

And yet he is writing about the last one he and his friends are friendly with?
I got the impression that it might not  be unbiased.
I don?t consider any one-sided journalism great.  They are usually harmful to the gullible readers and the society.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: