Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Info on Chris Pitman
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Info on Chris Pitman  (Read 6022 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 08:59:06 AM »

anyway! Someone heard Zaum now? Whats dou guys think?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »

I heard and like it. The drums are really cool... It reminds me a bit of NIN...  ok

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

I heard and like it. The drums are really cool... It reminds me a bit of NIN...? ok

YEPP.. its a great drummer, and if u like it, cheach out Tool, hes the drummer there.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 02:25:41 PM »

I heard and like it. The drums are really cool... It reminds me a bit of NIN...? ok

It's good except of the instrumental track, although I wouldn't want GN'R to go to this direction.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
SodatopsPhalen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 06:54:06 PM »

i downloaded the tracks and they were zipped..They wouldnt open for me..I liek Christ Pittman though..Replicants and Lusk were great
TinaChe
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 08:11:46 PM »

i am a big fan of Lusk and Zaum, very unique music.? ?i found some info to share that i researched
on the web and other sources (mygnr.com,etc)? maybe Jarmo can update his bio.  i found a nice photo too, but
don't know how to attach it here, me dumb!

He has been with GunsnRoses since 1998.
He writes and records privately with axl rose, as they have collaborated on many songs including 'Madagascar'. He is an Multi/Instrumentalist on the Chinese Democracy album, included are Keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals and programming. He's a official band member, and mostly does the Orchestration (Strings,Brass,Choir,etc), synthesizers, and sound effects when they play live. He is necessary because of the complexity of some of the new material to be played live.
? ? ?
Outside of GNR, chris was co-founder of LA based Art Coalition, 'Priory of the North' which focuses on Conceptual/Public Art. Their installations have been commissioned in many place around the world, including Rio de Janiero, United Kingdom, USA.
? ? ?
He studied at the Art Institute of Kansas City, as well as the University of Missouri-KC.
? ? ?He worked with the controversial world renowned public artist Les Levine in 1993
? ? ?
? ? ?Bands he's been with:

? ? ?Lusk -? 1997 (BMG/Zoo)? ?he recorded,produced and was the Lead singer and multi/instrumentalist in the Grammy nominated band Lusk.
? ? ?
? ? ?Electric Company -
? ? ?2004 -(Tigerbeat6)? ?Creative playthings -he plays synthesizer
? ? ? ? ? -he played live as well in this band
? ? ?
? ? ?Blinker the Star-? 1995 (A&M) Bourgeois Kitten-? contributing keyboards
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1998 (Dreamworks) co-wrote the single 'Below the Sliding doors'

? ? ?Tool- (BMG/Zoo)? he toured with them in 1994/95 and played synths on their
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'Anema' album in 1996
? ? ?Dr. Dre - (Aftermath) in 1994 he worked in his home studio
? ? ?Replicants- (BMG/Zoo) 1995 /with members of Failure
? ? ?Sony Panic- (DogFight) 1997? -L.A. experimental/improv. band as guitarist/software
? ? ?Failure-? sound effects/ sound mixer
? ? ?Zaum-? (Merkaba)? as guitarist and lead vocals with Danny Carey of Tool
? ? ?Medicine-? (Island Records)? with Brad Laner, played live
? ? ?Savvy Soviets- (2003)? Producer/collaborater with them in Rio de Janiero
? ? ?The Source of Uncertainty - 2005- with Danny Carey of Tool/and others

? ? ?
?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

if all this is actual fact, WOW, the man actually has an amazing career behind him, very interesting got to check it out!  yes

and again, axl don't pic people from dennis  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
TinaChe
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »

Here is an updated photo of Chris.  sorry, don't know how to post it myself!

http://www.gnrfrance.net/GNR/Photos/chris/chris01.jpg
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »

This is an old mention on Pittman, but I figured I'd post it here anyway.

"Actually, Chris Pitman is in Guns' Roses, writing with Buckethead and Brain, and will be playing strange keyboards on the upcoming tour. Chris has written some great tunes, which I was able to hear recently."

Blair Blake on 7/11/01.

Pittman actually previewed his contributions to CD to someone not in the loop?  Shocked

... Like hell!

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 09:24:28 PM »

rofl

Chris Pittman the guy that toured with GNR with a keyboard that wasn't even plugged in!

If word of this ever gets out GNR will be (even more so) a laughing stock

I just loved the way people on this wrote how they could really hear his contribution - even though he didn't even have the thing switched on hihi

Not only do we know nothing about the guy, but the band don't seem to know either - when was the last time Axl or Richard etc even mentioned him???

give it up man, do u honestly think he's not playing at all Roll Eyes

you can hear it on some bootlegs here n' there, its fuckin' weird shit, but its good!! ok

N' how the hell do u know the thing wasnt plugged in Tongue

Geeze your the goss type man, just 'cause we havnt heard members talk about him doesnt means Pittmans useless or  not a full fledge member, he wouldnt be there if he wasnt required!! yes

CHRIS fuckin' PITTMAN!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »

It was a joke , calm down.

Obviously without Chris Pittman there would be no guns n roses.? beer

the latest rumor is that chris pittman also plays bass under the guise of "butthouse" and was the bassist on tour with brain and bucket this past summer on the giant robot tour.

anyone got good pics of pittman that could be compared to butthouse?? Huh

Pittman is not butthouse. I saw BH, Butthouse and pinchface first row at a club in boston and it wasnt pittman. I think butthouse's real name is Delray Brewer.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 09:47:59 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 09:49:32 PM »

I think Pittman might've actually been called in to fill the void left by Billy Howerdel, as he joined the band the minute Howerdel and Freese left to form APC (early 2000). Funny enough, both Pittman and Howerdel are former Tool associates, so I guess Axl has a soft spot for the bands output, particularly Aenima.

So I guess similar to Howerdel, Pittman mainly works as Axl's computer whiz kid. As far as his keyboards go - well, it's nice to get out of the studio every now and then, huh?  Grin

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 10:31:36 PM »

I think Pittman might've actually been called in to fill the void left by Billy Howerdel, as he joined the band the minute Howerdel and Freese left to form APC (early 2000). Funny enough, both Pittman and Howerdel are former Tool associates, so I guess Axl has a soft spot for the bands output, particularly Aenima.

So I guess similar to Howerdel, Pittman mainly works as Axl's computer whiz kid. As far as his keyboards go - well, it's nice to get out of the studio every now and then, huh?? Grin

in fact pittman was even before howerdel left GNR... he started to work with axl in 98, billy left in 99.. billy worked on live era.. and Chris is thanked in Live era...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Jonathan
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »

Who cares about this Chris Pitman? I don't have any idea why he is in GN'R.. You don't even hear him when they played live.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 11:04:54 PM »

Who cares about this Chris Pitman? I don't have any idea why he is in GN'R.. You don't even hear him when they played live.

Yes you can hear him when they play live. Listen to Nov Rain, PC, madagascar, teh  blues, CD, riyadh, silkworms, etc etc etc.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jonathan
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 11:11:58 PM »

Yes you can hear him when they play live. Listen to Nov Rain, PC, madagascar, teh? blues, CD, riyadh, silkworms, etc etc etc.

The only one I hear on those songs is Dizzy except for Silkworms, you can hear Pitman because of all his techno crap.

So I don't know what the point of keeping him is.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 11:20:03 PM »

Yes you can hear him when they play live. Listen to Nov Rain, PC, madagascar, teh? blues, CD, riyadh, silkworms, etc etc etc.

The only one I hear on those songs is Dizzy except for Silkworms, you can hear Pitman because of all his techno crap.

You dont know what you are hearing then.
On PC the synth is chris. On maddy the drums that loop, the snyth, and the clips are pittman. On Nov Rain all those horns, flutes, synth etc are pittman, on the blues that weird flute sound is chris. So how can you NOT hear all that?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:22:05 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 11:31:35 PM »

I wonder who's been covering the late shifts at Denny's??

hihi  Grin  rofl

He doesn't actually cook. He just pretends to cook while everything is going on........
Jonathan
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 11:38:58 PM »

On PC the synth is chris. On maddy the drums that loop, the snyth, and the clips are pittman. On Nov Rain all those horns, flutes, synth etc are pittman, on the blues that weird flute sound is chris. So how can you NOT hear all that?

I watched the songs that you mentioned on a dvd and on November Rain and on The Blues I saw and heard the horns and stuff but not on the others.. Yeah, yeah.. I don't really care but you're right.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2005, 02:49:41 AM »

[quote author=dave-gnfnr2k link=topic=17942.msg420806#msg420806

Well I guess Axl keeps Chris, cause its cheaper than having Roberta, teddy and the other support guys  hihi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: