Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain admits to working on tracks (Seen this at mygnr)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain admits to working on tracks (Seen this at mygnr)  (Read 6325 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« on: January 08, 2005, 10:13:13 PM »

Source: Sp1at.com
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67
Brain has admitted, via a discographer doing some work for him, tracks he has worked on for CD. These were the tracks I had listed on my tracklist for the other site. Whether these are all the tracks he has worked on, I don't know. Anyhow, The tracks are;

Blues
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
TWAT
IRS
Prostitute
Leave Me Alone
General
This I Love
Cather in the Rye
Seven

As at November, Brain said he did not know what the final tracklist was on CD, but it is known that there is a pool of about 30-35 a-listed songs. It is very likely though that most of the songs listed above will figure

I will add this as a news item soon, but I will wait for a while as Brain had agreed to do an interview with us

Credit To:Gigger at Mygnr forum

« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 10:13:41 AM by AdZ » Logged
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

it is known that there is a pool of about 30-35 a-listed songs.
I smell double album!

.... or at least that's what I'm hoping for  Undecided

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
estranged.1098
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 11:55:42 PM »

To me that means there will be no fillers on the album, which I kind of expected already.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 12:20:28 AM »

Brain has admitted, via a discographer doing some work for him, tracks he has worked on for CD.

As at November, Brain said he did not know what the final tracklist was on CD, but it is known that there is a pool of about 30-35 a-listed songs.

Roll Eyes So they're saying that the GNR drummer admits to playing on some of the tracks that may or may not be on CD.

If we're lucky, maybe next someone can get a third-hand account that they talked with someone in the band who admits that Axl may or may not sing on some of these same tracks which may or may not be on CD.?? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 12:32:52 AM »

It's cool that he mentioned This I Love because we've been hearing about this song ever since the days when Slash was still in the band, but have never really recieved a confirmation that it had been recorded by the new band or that we would ever hear it.

And about the double album idea, as a hardcore fan obviously I would want as much material released as possible, but I think it would be a better idea for Axl to make the 1st cd only the best of the best songs to shut up all of the critics and then release the other stuff about a year later on a 2nd album. The only thing I fear if they do it this way is that the 2nd album could take years to come out or never come out, either because of lack of success of the first album or because Axl spends 10 more years to record.
vicarious existence
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 12:50:48 AM »

The only thing I fear if they do it this way is that the 2nd album could take years to come out or never come out, either because of lack of success of the first album or because Axl spends 10 more years to record.

Though, this might not be a problem if the songs to be on the followup album are already recorded... just speculation though!

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 01:24:31 AM »

think that too, axl said that when the record company feels that the album and ten extra tracks has run it's course...

we'll get it all over again Cheesy

when is the interview?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 03:06:14 AM »

It's cool that he mentioned This I Love because we've been hearing about this song ever since the days when Slash was still in the band, but have never really recieved a confirmation that it had been recorded by the new band or that we would ever hear it.

And about the double album idea, as a hardcore fan obviously I would want as much material released as possible, but I think it would be a better idea for Axl to make the 1st cd only the best of the best songs to shut up all of the critics and then release the other stuff about a year later on a 2nd album. The only thing I fear if they do it this way is that the 2nd album could take years to come out or never come out, either because of lack of success of the first album or because Axl spends 10 more years to record.

I hate to say it but i think we know every critic is gonna hate on this album. i mean 10 years in the making or so nothing he Axl can do can compare to the hype surrounding this album

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 03:30:38 AM »

The tracks are;

Blues
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
TWAT
IRS
Prostitute
Leave Me Alone
General
This I Love
Cather in the Rye
Seven

It's interesting that he mentioned 11 tracks. Tommy said that there would be 10-11 songs on CD... Maybe this is the setlist of the album?  Huh

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 04:34:54 AM »

Damn, I was hoping to hear about 17-18 songs  no
I'll be happy with anything though

The Devil hates a loser
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 04:57:31 AM »

Damn, I was hoping to hear about 17-18 songs? no

we don't know how many all in all yet maybe, + they will release follow-ups too  Smiley

it's funny in some weird way can somoeone interpret this to that brain did only work on 11 songs all this time,? Huh stop me if i'm wrong...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 04:59:54 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 05:06:12 AM »

that means that if omg is on CD, more than likely it will be josh freeze on drums for that and possibly other songs.

that's assuming omg will be on cd, which isn't necessarily true.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 05:29:42 AM »

Did you checked the source? It's only a forum! The sp1lat site don't have anything about this, it's only a guy in that forum!
C'mon, do you really think they will release ONLY the songs we already know the titles? Do you really think that above those 35 tunes, Brain ONLY worked in the songs we already know the titles?
Every rumor about the tracklist ONLY have this songs listed. And you still believe in those rumors? Think better.  no

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2005, 09:03:36 AM »

Damn, I was hoping to hear about 17-18 songs? no

Well the number of  songs may be misleading, considering the size of some. Considering the people that have worked on this album, I expect about 5 long, epic songs

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 09:49:14 AM »

Did you checked the source? It's only a forum! The sp1lat site don't have anything about this, it's only a guy in that forum!
C'mon, do you really think they will release ONLY the songs we already know the titles? Do you really think that above those 35 tunes, Brain ONLY worked in the songs we already know the titles?
Every rumor about the tracklist ONLY have this songs listed. And you still believe in those rumors? Think better.? no

BigBoss the member of the forum who posted it is also the admin of the Sp1at site. The reason why it hasn't been posted on the site is because Brain has offered to give an interview and he doesn't want to discourage Brain of giving the interview.

As the "rumour" says all this confirms is that Brain has layed drums on these tracks. Whether you think it's a coincidence that Tommy mentioned 11-12 tracks and this list is 11 tracks is up to you!

As part of the Sp1at team, I hope we will be giving you many more GnR "exclusives" over the coming months!  Grin
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 10:44:21 AM »

Sorry to state the obvious, but if there are 30-35 'A-Listed songs', and this is the traclist (give or take a couple of tracks), then this gives credence to the 3 album concept.  ok

Here today...ready to rock
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 01:53:24 PM »

Sorry to state the obvious, but if there are 30-35 'A-Listed songs', and this is the traclist (give or take a couple of tracks), then this gives credence to the 3 album concept.  ok

What exactly does this rumor lend credence to?  For 10 years of studio work, I would expect nothing short of 30-35 A-list songs, considering the talent involved...Doesn't mean that all of them, or even ANY of them, for that matter, will be released...It's a list of song titles we've heard for a decade, with a conspicuous lack of any new titles....I had always thought that everyone would argue that there were 75-80 some odd songs?  Then why is it we've heard the same 11 mentioned in every single rumour?  Since 2000, Brain has only been involved with the titles we happen to know?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2005, 08:54:24 PM »

What exactly does this rumor lend credence to?  For 10 years of studio work, I would expect nothing short of 30-35 A-list songs, considering the talent involved...Doesn't mean that all of them, or even ANY of them, for that matter, will be released...It's a list of song titles we've heard for a decade, with a conspicuous lack of any new titles....I had always thought that everyone would argue that there were 75-80 some odd songs?  Then why is it we've heard the same 11 mentioned in every single rumour?  Since 2000, Brain has only been involved with the titles we happen to know?
That's exactly what I said above (or I tried to say Sad). And this sp1at.com is nothing more than the rumorboard.  Wink

jgfnsr
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2005, 09:58:38 PM »

The tracks are;

Blues
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
TWAT
IRS
Prostitute
Leave Me Alone
General
This I Love
Cather in the Rye
Seven

It's interesting that he mentioned 11 tracks. Tommy said that there would be 10-11 songs on CD... Maybe this is the setlist of the album?? Huh

When did Tommy say there would be 10-11 songs on Chinese Democracy?   Huh

Personally, that wouldn't bother me.? After all this time, with only 10-11 tracks (rather than 16-18) each song - and not just the album as a whole - would have to be an epic masterpiece in itself.   drool
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 10:01:57 PM by TheDude » Logged
vicarious existence
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2005, 10:00:15 PM »

And this sp1at.com is nothing more than the rumorboard.? Wink

Actually, it is the rumorboard...

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: