Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Green Day on VR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Green Day on VR  (Read 20370 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »

But GD? Oh, no. I'm not even interested in Britney's, Pink's, Courtney Love's or Good Charlotte's opinion.

WTF??

You guys sound like the new Gn'R fans that say "FUCK Conan O'Brien" just because he makes a joke about Axl.

Isn't it interesting how both "sides" are so similar yet they like to say they're not?

It's just somebody's opinion.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 12:55:43 PM »

But GD? Oh, no. I'm not even interested in Britney's, Pink's, Courtney Love's or Good Charlotte's opinion.

WTF??

You guys sound like the new Gn'R fans that say "FUCK Conan O'Brien" just because he makes a joke about Axl.

I wouldn't be interested in their opinion even if they said CB was the best album of the decade. I don't like them and I find their comments about music irrelevant.

Who cares if the GD guys like or dislike VR or Contraband or Slither? Sorry, I don't. If Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, John Petrucci etc. said something about VR, that would be interesting.

Zep, The Stones.....Dream Theatre?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

Some of my favourite bands, I could have named others, too. Do you think that it's weird liking these 3?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 03:31:23 PM »

WTF??

I wouldn't be interested in their opinion even if they said CB was the best album of the decade. I don't like them and I find their comments about music irrelevant.

Who cares if the GD guys like or dislike VR or Contraband or Slither? Sorry, I don't. If Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, John Petrucci etc. said something about VR, that would be interesting.

Zep, The Stones.....Dream Theatre?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

Some of my favourite bands, I could have named others, too. Do you think that it's weird liking these 3?

Not weird at all, although I found the inclusion of John Petrucci next to the likes Page and Jagger a bit odd but hey, whatever trips your trigger.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 03:37:32 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 03:45:31 PM »

For the past 10 years I have HATED Green Day's guts,but American Idiot is a great album, at least as good as CB. 

As far as the singles go, Slither and American Idiot are both great Rock songs, but Boulevard of broken dreams kicks Fall to pieces' ass

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 10:42:22 AM »

I have lost my respect for green day even more.

they are no longer pure punk (well they only were on the album insomniac)

Green day are the equivelent of busted.

Velvet Revolver ROCK way more then " i walk the lonely streets, because im lame"

Velvet revolver would be "F**k off!"

html sucks
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 02:35:04 PM »

they are no longer pure punk (well they only were on the album insomniac)

What?

... and Dookie was their first album....  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

... and Dookie was their first album....? hihi

Actually, I believe "1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hour" was their first album.

Still trying to understand why a few random/vague comments by the Green Day boys are upsetting the faithful here.

Not that big of deal kids...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 11:08:47 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 11:51:41 PM »

For the past 10 years I have HATED Green Day's guts,but American Idiot is a great album, at least as good as CB. 

As far as the singles go, Slither and American Idiot are both great Rock songs, but Boulevard of broken dreams kicks Fall to pieces' ass

slither destroys american idiot!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 09:00:52 AM »

I couldnt give two shits about Green Day's comments or anybody elses comments anymore. Is it just Cowboy, or does it seem Celebrities/Musicians just look who is at the top of their mountain and try and pick a fight with them to get free publicity. Look at the Evanesence Skank talking about how Velvet Revolver doesnt impress her. So what her song has stupid redubbs and very bad rapping.  The only reason celebrities talk trash is Media outlets will pick it up and then they will get publicity. No magazine is gonna print an article entitled "Green gives two thumbs up to VR" It has no shock value, where as "Green gives VR two middle fingers up" the shock value will get both Green Day and VR fans to read it.  This never ending cycle will never stop so that is why you can't take celebrities opinions too serious. 

On a side note when most bands are adapting to the newest fad, rather then distorting themselfs even more or adding a Rapper to the band Green Day added more MUSICIANS and made an album that is far better then their last efforts and I enjoy them for that.

Cowbell

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2005, 01:42:41 PM »

How dare Green Day insult VR just because they couldnt make a better album then them

Green Days album AI is vastly better than contraband.  AI is the best album of 2004

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 02:06:32 PM »

How dare Green Day insult VR just because they couldnt make a better album then them

Green Days album AI is vastly better than contraband.? AI is the best album of 2004

Someone once told me music is subjective, and you should refrain from stating your opinion as fact.  I could swear it was you, but the quote above would mean youre a hypocrite.  Mustve been someone else?  Undecided
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 02:16:06 PM »

... and Dookie was their first album....  hihi

Still trying to understand why a few random/vague comments by the Green Day boys are upsetting the faithful here.

I know, it's a compilation of the songs from "39 Smooth" and "1,000 Slappy Hours"... hence the " hihi

Tongue
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2005, 02:30:19 PM »

Green Days album AI is vastly better than contraband.? AI is the best album of 2004

Someone once told me music is subjective, and you should refrain from stating your opinion as fact.? I could swear it was you, but the quote above would mean youre a hypocrite.? Mustve been someone else?? Undecided

Since you must have some kind of memory lasps, I guess I should say this again, its getting old, hell I should put it in my sig since? you cannot seem to understand the concept. Yes music is subject,? and there is no need to put IMO before every opinion on this board, I am curious why you did not say this to the other people that thought contraband is better than AI. Why didnt you they didnt write IMO. So do tell. And booker do not dodge this question since you always do.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 02:32:56 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 02:47:31 PM »

Why didnt you they didnt write IMO. So do tell.

Because unlike yourself, they never said accused me of not understanding that music is subjective, and stating my opinion as fact.  I think I was quite clear that youve been hypocritical about that. 

And booker do not dodge this question since you always do.

Huh Really?  When?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 02:51:29 PM »

... and Dookie was their first album....? hihi

I know, it's a compilation of the songs from "39 Smooth" and "1,000 Slappy Hours"... hence the " hihi"?

Tongue

Cool.  No offense meant.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2005, 04:18:07 PM »

Wasn't Kerplunk!  Greendays first album??? That's when I first heard of them anyway but it may not be... Anyway, I never really liked them or his fake accent. Once in awhile they come along with a good on ethough. I like that song "Warning" and the new one that is always on although it is getting boring fast, not "American Idiot".

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2005, 04:21:15 PM »

Someone once told me music is subjective, and you should refrain from stating your opinion as fact.? I could swear it was you, but the quote above would mean youre a hypocrite.? Mustve been someone else?? Undecided

Since you must have some kind of memory lasps, I guess I should say this again, its getting old, hell I should put it in my sig since? you cannot seem to understand the concept. Yes music is subject,? and there is no need to put IMO before every opinion on this board, I am curious why you did not say this to the other people that thought contraband is better than AI. Why didnt you they didnt write IMO. So do tell. And booker do not dodge this question since you always do.

Why are you always here bitching and pissing evreyone off?? You don't even like this band, get a life... I am not over on the New Gn'R board ruining every thread...

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2005, 04:26:21 PM »

Why didnt you they didnt write IMO. So do tell.

Because unlike yourself, they never said accused me of not understanding that music is subjective, and stating my opinion as fact.? I think I was quite clear that youve been hypocritical about that.?

And booker do not dodge this question since you always do.

Huh Really?? When?

Well you are the only one that cannot seem to understand that music is subjective and that you do not have to write IMO before every statement.  And you always dodge questions like this.   So tell me how am I stating my opinion is fact?  I didnt put quotes around my statments and give a source as fact, i didnt say its a fact that the album AI is better than contraband. so tell me how am I not stating my opinion. I guess your memory is not very good since you always bring up this stupid point and I have to keep explaining it to you its just an opinion. Why is it that 99% of the board understands that but you? I can answer that for  you. Its because you are a child and always have to try and start shit.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »

It depends on how are denfine album. Kerplunk was their first real album, the others were EPs. It would be like calling LALS gnrs first album.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2005, 04:53:49 PM »

So tell me how am I stating my opinion is fact?? I didnt put quotes around my statments and give a source as fact, i didnt say its a fact that the album AI is better than contraband. so tell me how am I not stating my opinion. I guess your memory is not very good since you always bring up this stupid point and I have to keep explaining it to you its just an opinion. Why is it that 99% of the board understands that but you? I can answer that for? you. Its because you are a child and always have to try and start shit.

(Sigh)

I was being facetious to point out the hypocrisy youve displayed by repeatedly chastising me for "stating my opinion as fact."  I understand that an opinion doesnt have to be introduced with "IMO," thats why I never do so.  However you didnt understand this concept, which is why you accused me of stating my opinion as fact.  Do you understand?  My post was ironic.  I see youre very proud of 'setting me straight,' but unfortuntely you just missed the point as usual. ::no  Speaking of irony, when asked when Ive ever dodged questions (obviously thered have to be a lot of instances to "always" do it), you dodged the question.  The irony/hypocrisy of your posts never ceases to amaze.  Now please get back to the topic.  Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: