Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Weird ass IM I got earlier [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weird ass IM I got earlier [RUMOR]  (Read 13149 times)
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2005, 04:00:20 AM »

maybe they could have a commercial during the super bowl Huh

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
shaun
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2005, 05:33:31 AM »

maybe they could have a commercial during the super bowl Huh

A commercial sounds about right?  ok

?all this talk of McCartney, at a Super Bowl singing. I guess Axl will just happen to be in the audience, he?ll jump up on stage and duet. Hmmm, what song? Oh I know, Live and let Die, then they?ll be an announcement that McCartney with the new GN?R guitarist  Grin

I?m joking here  Wink
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2005, 06:22:53 AM »

Fuck it eh why not!!! Sounds a pretty credible rumour to me!! When this rumour was first mentioned months ago I thought 'oh here we go again' but it seems to be rumbling on still so why not! Seems like a perfect time to come back and maybe announce something with a commercial or something. Fuck Paul McCartney and Axl on stage together! Fantastic! I think I'll be tuning into my first ever game of American Football this Feb!!

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2005, 06:53:21 AM »

No way after last years fiasco they are going to put someone like Axl on stage in any capacity, which is why they sought out someone very safe like Mcartney......not going to happen.

Secondly, a commercial is absolutely not happening given a 30 second spot goes for around 2.5 million dollars, and given what they have already pumped into this project they won't spend that kind of coin on 1 30 second spot when 2.5 mil is often bigger than most promoting budgets in their totality. No way the record company spends that all in one spot, no matter how many people would see it, it still won't guarantee sales and that is just too big a risk financially.

We can all keep dreaming...go ahead and convince yourselves its plausible, but on February 7th it won't have happened and people will be a gumpy. Just get the thought process out of your heads now and save the aggravation.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2005, 07:25:41 AM »

atleast if axl gets his tits out there won't be as big a commotion.

Would be nice, but, as usual, i'll not hold me breath.
Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2005, 07:47:54 AM »

-The screename is WAR0262 (W. Axl Rose, February 2, 1962): alright, could just be an obsessed fan with too much time on his/her hands.

Axl's birthday is Feb. 6th. Feb. 6th is the day of the Super Bowl. The half-time performer that night is Paul McCartney.

So, could you please decide which day is Axl's birthday???Puhleese

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »

I read on rumourboard 2 that in the Kerrang magazine it says that Chinese Democracy will be released in Spring 2005.  Now for Axl doing something stupid at the Superbowl like dropping the F word or pulling his dick out.  COME ON!!!!!!  Dropping the F word I totally can see him do that.  But showing his dick???  I saw a few posts like that in this forum.  I don't know but I have never heard anything about Axl being an exhibtionist.  He ain't that screwed up in the head.(I hope)  But personnaly the Super Bowl thing is just wishful thinking from the fans.  I believe that the release date will come when you least expect it and where you would least expect it to be announced.  In the meantime all we have are rumours.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2005, 09:20:19 AM »

I read on rumourboard 2 that in the Kerrang magazine it says that Chinese Democracy will be released in Spring 2005. Now for Axl doing something stupid at the Superbowl like dropping the F word or pulling his dick out. COME ON!!!!!! Dropping the F word I totally can see him do that. But showing his dick??? I saw a few posts like that in this forum. I don't know but I have never heard anything about Axl being an exhibtionist. He ain't that screwed up in the head.(I hope) But personnaly the Super Bowl thing is just wishful thinking from the fans. I believe that the release date will come when you least expect it and where you would least expect it to be announced. In the meantime all we have are rumours.

Kerrang never said it will be released in spring, just to hope for a release about then. Nothing more.

As for him whipping his cock out, i don't really feel like explaining why i find that absurd.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2005, 09:51:14 AM »

Too far fetched.........Axl isn't dueting with McCartney.  And I highly doubt they'll pop 3-4 million for a 30 second Chinese Democracy commercial to promote a cd.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2005, 10:17:13 AM »

well, i give this rumour some credit. and if the plan is a LALD duet, great. but if axl chickens out or whatsoever, mccartney can still perferm alone without a problem. i think so they kill two birds with one stone. right?

and this whole dick-showing thing. didn't someone just post it's NOT like he'd put his dick out???

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »

Lostrose.  That's what I am saying that he wouldn't pull it out.  I too think this is really absurd.  And if he does go I for one think Axl is a professional and would act like one.  After the famous nipplegate of last year I don't think anyone wants bad publicity from the Super Bowl.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 11:30:37 AM »

maybe at the end of the show george harrison will jam and be announced as the new gnr guitarist
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 11:51:15 AM »

atleast if axl gets his tits out there won't be as big a commotion.
if Only he doesn?t wear some weird bigstar nipple rings.
this whole dick-showing thing. didn't someone just post it's NOT like he'd put his dick out???
And wasn?t it supposed to be taken as a joke?

I suppose the IM in question was also a joke but not very funny one.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2005, 11:52:03 AM »

maybe at the end of the show george harrison will jam and be announced as the new gnr guitarist

hihi hihi

I think you all should apply to be Axl's promoters! ?Every year you have lists of fantastic ideas of how he can reappear! ?ok

Why don't you just....
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2005, 11:55:27 AM »

hihi hihi

I think you all should apply to be Axl's promoters!  Every year you have lists of fantastic ideas of how he can reappear!  ok

I don't think george harrison's death is a laughing matter, and i think it pretty sick to make a joke or laugh about it.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2005, 12:01:55 PM »

Chill out - I didn't mean it that way.  I was actually thinking of Paul and not the fact that George is dead.  Roll Eyes

Not all of the board's ideas were around death...

Why don't you just....
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2005, 12:10:55 PM »

I for one wouldn't mind if Axl had a "wardrobe malfunction"... but that's just me. 
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 12:15:33 PM »

I for one wouldn't mind if Axl had a "wardrobe malfunction"... but that's just me.?

Good point!  It's not just you.  Wink Grin

Why don't you just....
junglegunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 12:24:47 PM »

I for one wouldn't mind if Axl had a "wardrobe malfunction"... but that's just me. 

Good point!  It's not just you.  Wink Grin

hihi rofl rofl rofl

that made my day
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2005, 01:10:14 PM »

Chill out - I didn't mean it that way. I was actually thinking of Paul and not the fact that George is dead. Roll Eyes

Not all of the board's ideas were around death...

It's not very obvious that you were laughing at the idea of paul when the only person mentioned in the quote was paul. In fact the exact opposite seems apparent.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: