Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Another CD rumor....sounds credible to me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another CD rumor....sounds credible to me  (Read 1974 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: January 06, 2005, 01:46:20 AM »

Read this at another board.....

First off this is JUST a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. I have a lot of clients who are attorneys. Today I was bullshitting with a guy and he had just got his kid a Playstation 2 for Christmas and we were talking about the release of Grand Turismo 4 (which for those who don?t know is one of the most highly anticipated games out there and has been perpetually delayed ? sound familiar?) Anyway we were talking about the delay and he said something along the lines of ?I guess we?ll see that before Chinese Democracy? (the game is due in February) Of course this peaked my interest. He was a big GNR fan. We talked about all of the crap going on, the concert for the 2002 tour (we were at the same one) and so on. He then said he had some "inside" information. He had moved here from California a few years ago and knows people in the business back there. A friend of his is a contract lawyer for Interscope and a fan as well. He said that even top management are in the dark about CD. They have had a few meetings (management), but Axl rarely showed up for them. They have heard a few songs off the album and said they were excellent. BTW he never left any media with anyone, he guards that stuff with his life they said. They still don?t know exactly how I.R.S was leaked, but from what he heard it was just a demo version anyway. He said it was almost impossible to talk to Axl directly, mainly playing phone tag and with faxes. They were told that it may be finished before Christmas, then February, and have not since heard anything for a date. Axl has not even given them a definite answer on the format of the album (one or two disks) But he said that the last time they saw Axl he did not have his braids and he was in great shape. It sounds like they are just waiting for the finished product which could come ?at any time?. And that ?The first single will be all the promotion this album will need?.
I plan on keeping in touch with this guy, and see if he knows anything in the future. I don?t think he was bullshitting, and I hope his friend wasn?t bullshitting him. Who knows? I?ll let you know if I hear anything more?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 01:52:58 AM »

that gets me excited anyway

cause it makes me realize that this cd will come out eventually

i just pray i live long enough to hear it

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 02:00:46 AM »

so it says cd february maybe?? Roll Eyes

thanks 4 the additional info, intresting read, we'll see if the braids are gone...

btw\ someone posted the same thing in the sticky " cd release rumour..."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 02:06:40 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:03:04 AM »

Well it's either a die hard GN'R fan making up a story answering all the questions we have had the last couple of years.  Or this really did take place, which I think it did.  I also heard that the money Axl has needed to get this thing going in now there for him for a mid-2005 release.  I thought March at first, but hell it'll be pushed back again I'm sure.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 05:59:10 AM »

Maybe it happened, maybe someone made it up, but it sounds accurate, whether or not it's actually true.

It certainly doesn't excite me, however.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 06:34:23 AM »

Already posted in the CD release date rumour thread.

-Locked-

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: