Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  February is out of the question. Now what?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: February is out of the question. Now what?  (Read 8121 times)
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 12:31:12 PM »

that was more than 10 years ago. Times have changed on those days you could sell 10 million records with ease.
Show me another example taking place right now (2005) and i'll shut up. Grin
Usher? Eminem?

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 12:45:38 PM »

that was more than 10 years ago. Times have changed on those days you could sell 10 million records with ease.
Show me another example taking place right now (2005) and i'll shut up. Grin
Usher? Eminem?

err...are you talking about sales or release date/single/album (cause we are talking about the latter).

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 01:02:26 PM »

err...are you talking about sales or release date/single/album (cause we are talking about the latter).

oh... haha oops... I thought you were just referring to artists who are capable of selling 10 million albums

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 01:33:24 PM »

I have gazed deeply into my palantir and have seen the future:

January 14 - Backstage at a show, Dizzy Reed says that the Chinese Democracy album is "almost ready" and should be released "soon".
January 29 - A "reputable" poster on the Velvet Rope message board says the release date will now be Tuesday, April 12 ? to be announced shortly.
February 1 - A first-time poster suggests that he met Axl at his bar mitzvah, who told him the album will come out in April.
March 21 - At an awards show, Tommy Stinson says the album should definitely be out by summer.
April 12 - A "reputable" poster on the HTGTH message board says that the release date will now be Tuesday, June 7 ? to be announced shortly.
April 24 - Cornered at a fashion show in Europe, Richard Fortus says "Who? Oh, Guns n' Roses. Yeah, I think I'm still in that band. To be honest, I can't even tell anymore. But the Chinese Democracy tracks are brilliant and should be released soon."
June 2 - When asked whether Chinese Democracy will ever be released, Brain refuses to elaborate on his initial answer of "Yeah".
June 7 - A "reputable" poster on MyGNR says that the album's release date will now be Tuesday, September 20 ? to be announced shortly.
July 22 - Rolling Stone magazine announces that Josh Freese is now officially the drummer for all rock bands in the world, including Guns n' Roses.
July 31 - Josh Freese tells a reporter that we will soon see some "GNR-related activity".
August 1 - Robin Finck tells Circus magazine that he is taking a brief hiatus from GNR to re-join the Cirque de Soleil summer tour, but that he will return in the fall "when it all starts up again".?
August 2 - Over 30,000 message board posts are made dissecting the exact meaning of these words.
September 20 - Metal Sludge announces that Chinese Democracy will now be released on Tuesday, December 6 ? to be announced shortly.
October 31 - Axl Rose is reportedly spotted in the desert in Arizona naked and howling at the moon.
November 3 - A couple of wolves tell Animal Planet that Axl is actually "very nice" and "misunderstood".
December 6 - MTV reports that the brother of a woman who used to work for the son of an Interscope executive's poolboy suggests that the release date will be sometime in 2006 ? to be announced shortly.
December 8 - Josh Freese leaves GNR due to "inactivity".
December 31 - Backstage at a New Year's Eve show, Dizzy says that fans just need to have patience, because the record is "very nearly ready" and will be released "real soon".

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 01:49:49 PM »

axlsalinger has the only theory I've found in this thread that seems even remotely credible.

The rest of you need to come to terms that Chinese Democracy is more than likely not coming out this year, or even this decade, let alone March or April of this year.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 02:35:49 PM »

Hey Bro, don't worry, everythings lookin good the way I see it. The years only 5 days old, you've got 360 days left. I don't rember Axl saying anything about February anyway. Soon all the crying wil end.l

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 03:40:58 PM »

To answer the original thread about "now what?":
We wait for news and/or an announcement. The same as we have done
for several years. It is just that simple. All the rest is baseless conjecture.
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2005, 04:12:39 PM »

"I still think that GNR being so silent these days means there are things to come"

Congrats...you win "the most circular logic" award for today!
SADIS
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »

"I still think that GNR being so silent these days means there are things to come"

Well, think about it. Everybody's lips are tightly sealed. That means that something's going on that they don't want us to know about. Silence before the storm......
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2005, 05:03:37 PM »

They've always been tightly sealed.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2005, 06:22:25 PM »

October 31 - Axl Rose is reportedly spotted in the desert in Arizona naked and howling at the moon.
November 3 - A couple of wolves tell Animal Planet that Axl is actually "very nice" and "misunderstood".
hihi

didn't know february was out of the question,-
- it comes around the firs part of this year anyway i think peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2005, 06:50:54 PM »

I don't rember Axl saying anything about February anyway.

No but he did say a long ass time ago that an anouncement will be made soon when B-Head left.

The Devil hates a loser
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2005, 08:49:31 PM »

Axlsalinger, thanks for the laughs.  Great post.  My favorite was the wolves' quote to the reporter from Animal Planet.   rofl

I do think we're seeing CD this year.  Why do I think that?  I have no idea. Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2005, 09:20:41 PM »

Well, think about it. Everybody's lips are tightly sealed. That means that something's going on that they don't want us to know about. Silence before the storm......

Or.. there is nothing to talk about because there is nothing happening....

/just sayin'
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 01:15:30 AM »

No but he did say a long ass time ago that an anouncement will be made soon when B-Head left.

Axl doesn't understand the word soon.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »

LOL @ axlsalinger.  hihi
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2005, 01:49:43 AM »

GNRonline does not say April.  It says NO NEWS FOUND, and has said this since the aborted 2002 tour.  Only the stupid google search claims to have the release date.  Just a bunch of fans messing around changing the date, and getting people's hopes up.
takeshi
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2005, 03:08:04 PM »

Axl doesn't understand the word soon.

Maybe Axl needs to get his ass kicked until he learns what that word means. Roll Eyes
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »

I bet my life it doesnt come out in April.  So if it does, i guess i must do away with, and wont be able to listen.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2005, 10:55:37 PM »

Maybe someone needs kick your ass until Axl gets CD out.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: