Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I'm 'All In' for 2005!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm 'All In' for 2005!  (Read 4637 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: January 03, 2005, 10:27:37 AM »

Okay...I know where many of you stand on the waiting for Godot...er...Chinese Democracy issue. I know that it's been a long, long wait.

Hell, I can remember reading an article in Hit Parader (I think it was) back in '94 that first mentioned (at least to my knowledge at the time) GN'R working on a new album and Slash putting to bed rumors that they were breaking up (LOL). Then I remember a small mention in a November/December '97 issue of Metal Sludge (again, I think) where they mentioned a new GN'R album being a great Christmas present; hinting for Axl to 'hurry it up, already.'

Since that time, I've grown from a hormone raging, teenage, high school student to a man in my late twenties, married to a beautiful woman and planning my (our) first child. HOLY SHIT! WHERE DID THE TIME GO!? Shocked

It's funny to think of how much ten or twelve years can change people's lives. It's even funnier when you think of it in terms of 'still waiting for a new guns n' roses' album.' How during that time period a sperm met up with an egg and together they are celebrating a 12 year old birthday. How the same pubescent punks that wore jams and got the "bowl" hair cut like that kid on "Who's The Boss" are now working on Wall Street and drive a Mercedes to their summer house in the Hamptons on the weekends. How those denim jacket, 'rock n' roll forever' minded 30-something of a decade ago are now 40 - 50 something and...well...probably still wearing that denim jacket and making 'devil horns' to embarrass their teenage sons & daughters in front of their friends.

Would be wonderful to know what has REALLY gone on with Axl's life and this band during the past decade plus.

The point of all this, is that I, like all of you, have waited and waited for this album for what seems like an eternity (even if you're only 13 now and have only been waiting since 2000). After a few teases and false starts over the past four or five years, I truly believe that 2005 IS the year. I truly don't think Axl chose to wait this long (or make his fans wait this long). I truly believe that he wants to reclaim his throne in dramatic fashion but also wishes he was able to do it sooner. I truly believe he wants this FOR HIM AND FOR US and whatever mistakes or bad decisions he's made during this whole process will be forgiven when he makes the masses listen to Axl Rose again.

I truly believe in 2005...the year of Guns N' Roses!

I'm all in on this one!? ?beer

P.S. -- This thread is meant for positive reflection only...not for debating purposes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 10:36:50 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:47:38 AM »

Okay...I know where many of you stand on the waiting for Godot...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin my god I laughed so hard. hihi hihi rofl rofl ok ok ok

I'm right with you on that one.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 12:06:24 PM »

Hey man I'm with too. Married 15 years 2 kids 12 and 14, now my two boys are waiting for Axl,        that makes four of us waiting. From living in a triplex to a half million dollar home. From Slash stepping over my to kids in the middle of the night to get to my 8x10 art studio to a 40x40 art studio .I'm looking for the right music to get me into the grove again. I can rember the first time I saw GnR in Hollywood.( My life was troubled by childhood upsets). I had no ride home, but the energy from Axl's voice just went through  me like a battery. His aditude woke something up inside me that night. I got home, the rest is history. Wow" I'm 40 years old, still a fire burns inside me from that night.  Axl owes me nothing. But I'd love to see it and hear it one more time. 2005 baby!         

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 12:46:10 PM »

think 05 2, i belived it was 04 b4 rio4 got cancelled, 

21 now and heard gnr when i was very young, and remeber that nothing happened after tsi, wtf Huh

so i saw maybe it was classic rock, about the rio gig and started asking cd-shop clercks when the new album was coming out  Roll Eyes
b4 i found out internet is easier to get to know Smiley

there's a chinese saying: time does not go, it comes haha Wink

...uh, hard to say in english Undecided

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 01:53:03 PM »

Luigi, You are the perfect fan, I reckon.  ok

...uh, hard to say in english Undecided
I wasn?t aware that you speak Chinese as well as Norwegian n English till now. Grin

I didn?t hear of this Chinese Democracy thingy until 2003. Embarrassed  And I?m that way love about it now.
My opinion on this topic is too obvious yet I shall repeat at every opportunity: Extremely positive!!!  2005 Yay!
why not?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 02:16:19 PM »

Kick ass dude! I wish more people could have that mind-set. I mean, it's easy to say "meh, it's taken 10 years, it's never coming out, etc.". It takes real *umph* in your guts to be so optimistic about the coming year. I share your feelings, so let's see if we can spread this optimism...  beer

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 02:24:08 PM »

I didn?t hear of this Chinese Democracy thingy until 2003.

You've been waiting for just one year.
You're so lucky.
 Sad

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 02:37:21 PM »

When will you guys learn ... I wouldn't bet on 2005, or 2006, or 2007 ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 02:44:23 PM »

Thanks, Ppbebe. Wink

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »

Great post SINSHINE, I?m with you dude
 beer

using my illusions
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »

count me in  smoking

27 now - i think it was grade 6 or 7 when i bought the tape, and i still listen to it, and illusions, like they came out yesterday.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 04:04:01 PM »

so you're a 2008 kinda guy then?
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »

I'm glad to see some fans aren't as jaded as the rest.  ok

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2005, 08:39:30 PM »

If you don't think we're gonna get the album in the next 3 years, why do you post here?

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2005, 09:52:59 PM »

so you're a 2008 kinda guy then?

Yeah, I'll buy that, I guess!

If you don't think we're gonna get the album in the next 3 years, why do you post here?

'Cause I'm a fan of the classic material, and a fan of Velvet Revovler (and there's always a chance that I'm wrong, after all, I've gotta be wrong sooner or later(assuming the album ever comes out)).

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 06:09:57 PM »

Nice post, SIN.  ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 12:30:28 AM »

yup.. im still excited about this! can't wait to see what happens!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
W Axl Rick
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 01:16:59 AM »

I am 30 now and have been a die hard GNR fan since I was about 15.

I have been floating around these unofficial chat boards for at least 7 years waiting for this god damn album. It had better be worth it. Although from what I heard from bootlegs of the more recent live shows I believe Axl has something special instore for us and I believe he sings better now that he ever did.

As for my life, well since TSI i have had several girlfriends, become a karate instructor, and suffered the loss of a younger brother in a freak accident. He too was a GNR fan and was looking forward to Chinese Democracy. I wish he could have heard it.

Come on 2005 and come on GNR!

W Axl Rick.

W Axl Rick.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 01:51:57 AM »

W Axl Rick, Sorry about the loss of your brother, to hear somthing like that saddens me. Hope all is well, lets hope to hear that CD soon this year 2005 ok 

mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 04:21:17 PM »

What is Godot?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: