Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sourm To Make TV Show About VR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sourm To Make TV Show About VR  (Read 8072 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: January 03, 2005, 09:43:23 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum recently spoke to the Las Vegas Weekly about his penchant for groupies (he's the only member of the band who's not married), which has put him at odds with VR frontman Scott Weiland, according to a recent Entertainment Weekly article. Sorum now says the two have reached an understanding. "One night, we had a little situation where Scott accidentally walked in on me with about four girls naked, and it just kind of threw him off," he said in the sort of tone one might use to describe accidentally spilling some milk. "It just got a little out of control. But you know, we talked about it, and I said, 'Look, dude, I'm doing my thing, you're doing your thing. I did nothing but support you in your life,' and he does the same for me now. We've come to an agreement on how to make it work."

Sorum said that he's even toying with the idea of pitching a reality show based on his backstage exploits, after a special on the formation of VELVET REVOLVER and the recording of "Contraband" met with some success on VH1.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 11:23:20 AM »

This has already been posted.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 11:53:33 AM »

poor drummer always looking for ways to be recognized
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

poor drummer always looking for ways to be recognized
Grin
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

I really hope this doesn't happen.  Matt Sorum is already a joke, but if this happens it be will anything but "Rock N' Roll" and take away from the credibility Velvet Revolver is trying to create.  It's one thing for Nick and Jessica to be on TV doing their shit, it's another thing for a member of a band who claims to be the only real rock group left doing it.  Sadly this goes to prove that Matt Sorum cares nothing about the music and all he's interested in is money and getting laid.  If he came out and said that, I'd be cool with it, but he claims to be a rock star and about the music, yet he is anything but that.  Undecided
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 12:16:11 AM »

Matt Sorum is already a joke

If being a first rate musician,  playing in 3 great bands and having the freedom to do what you want when you want with whom you want is a joke then, well, a reassesment of criteria for credibility in your eyes might be in order....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 04:36:40 AM »

Well as a femele fan I consider him a kind of a joke myself ! He might be an excellent drummer but when I see him comin it's rather : "Jesus matt's coming this way let's get the fuck out of here" mode that is put in action.

The force ... the force ...
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 07:28:29 AM »

Matt sorum is the worst member of VR by far....his drumming is beyond predictable, he comes across as an absolute moron and now he wants to be in a reality show???   hey guys, get a punk or jazz based drummer, not some dick who pulls faces while drumming, continually needs to brag about his sexploits and has absolutely no groove. He should join kiss or something. If not get Dave Grohl, he seems happy to play with everyone else Smiley

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 07:31:12 AM »

playing in 3 great bands and having the freedom to do what you want when you want with whom you want

The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days. Matt is acting like a joke, thus he is a joke.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 08:04:56 AM »

well, if he thinks he has to prove something and needs to be in the limelight. yep, he's the biggest joke in VR.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »

Matt sorum is the worst member of VR by far....his drumming is beyond predictable, he comes across as an absolute moron and now he wants to be in a reality show???   hey guys, get a punk or jazz based drummer, not some dick who pulls faces while drumming, continually needs to brag about his sexploits and has absolutely no groove. He should join kiss or something. If not get Dave Grohl, he seems happy to play with everyone else Smiley

Tommy Lee or Steven Gorman works for me! hihi
usurper
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »

I was thinking one day what it would be like if Matt stayed in GN'R and somebody say Dave Grohl left FF and joined VR. Would it change anything?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 09:59:59 AM »

I was thinking one day what it would be like if Matt stayed in GN'R and somebody say Dave Grohl left FF and joined VR. Would it change anything?

Staying in GNR would have (as it always did) hold Matt's talents back.  The material he played on during UYI didn't suit his hard hitting style, just not heavy enough as a body of work.  Same goes for the stuff we've heard from Axl's new band, though still GNR, it's like lite beer.  Some say it tastes great, most concede it's less filling.

Grohl in VR?  Grohl (along with John Bohnam) is generally considered the standard by which all drummers are measured so his inclusion on any rock project would elevate the musicianship.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 10:58:10 AM »

Well as a femele fan I consider him a kind of a joke myself ! He might be an excellent drummer but when I see him comin it's rather : "Jesus matt's coming this way let's get the fuck out of here" mode that is put in action.

hihi that is so funny, and so true!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005, 02:24:52 PM »

Staying in GNR would have (as it always did) hold Matt's talents back.  The material he played on during UYI didn't suit his hard hitting style, just not heavy enough as a body of work.  Same goes for the stuff we've heard from Axl's new band, though still GNR, it's like lite beer.  Some say it tastes great, most concede it's less filling.

Let's make sure we understand something.  Sorum was hired into GN'R to replace Steven Adler, he was always a hired gun and was never brought in to "fulfill all his talent."  It's amazing you say that GN'Rs new material is less filling when you've heard maybe 5 or so songs that aren't even finished being written yet.  While I'm not going to say as others have that nu-GNR material released so far is equal or surpasses old material, I will say that Madagascar is equal or better to the best songs on Contraband.  I'm a huge Duff and Slash fan, so don't try to label me a hater.  Contraband is a good album, but if an unpolished Madagascar that is supposedly (According to Axl) a filler for Chinese Democracy is equal to the best Velvet Revolver songs then it is certainly not less filling.  If you're going to hate on GN'R, you need to find somewhere else to bitch.  I respect Velvet Revolver and their my main band that is out right now, but if you think Matt Sorum is anything but a mediocre drummer and a shit-stirrer then you need to review your GNR history.  The son of bitch essentially fucks up every band he's in, as we've seen with the recent problems between him and Scott.  Anyone who watched the VR special on Vh1 would acknowledge that while Duff and Slash were trying to find a singer to make a kick ass band, Sorum was concerned about getting blow jobs.  The best thing that could happen to Velvet Revolver would be if their tour bus crashed and Matt Sorum was killed or seriously injured.  Then they could get a real drummer with a real rock n' roll attitude who's every interview isn't a boast about how great they are or what they need to proove.  Actions speak louder than words and thus far Matt's done alot of barking.
aporro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 02:36:57 PM »

wow, i can't believe we have jackasses in this world that write emails hoping that a member of a freakin rock group dies.  What kind of moron are you?Huh  Listen to the music and enjoy it.  Don't wish harm onto others.  Idiot!!1
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »

Let's make sure we understand something.? Sorum was hired into GN'R to replace Steven Adler, he was always a hired gun and was never brought in to "fulfill all his talent."
Never said that was the case, just said material didn't suit his style.
?It's amazing you say that GN'Rs new material is less filling when you've heard maybe 5 or so songs that aren't even finished being written yet.?
I said "what we've heard"...

While I'm not going to say as others have that nu-GNR material released so far is equal or surpasses old material, I will say that Madagascar is equal or better to the best songs on Contraband.?

Subjective..

? If you're going to hate on GN'R, you need to find somewhere else to bitch.?
Settle the fuck down, I've been around these parts awhile..
I respect Velvet Revolver and their my main band that is out right now, but if you think Matt Sorum is anything but a mediocre drummer and a shit-stirrer then you need to review your GNR history.?
I judge Matt on his work with The Cult and VR, both bands suit his style more than GNR did.?
The son of bitch essentially fucks up every band he's in.

Matt and Steve Jones were personally responsible for bringing The Cult back together in '99 so that blows that point to bits..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 06:53:24 PM »

Matts drumming in VR is much better than what he did in GN'R, in my taste.
VR would still sound better with someone like Steven Adler, Dave Grohl or Tommy Lee!
if Matt should leave one day they should definately try to get Steven, Tommy...or me involved Grin, cos I think Dave is busy ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 09:25:19 PM »

Matts drumming in VR is much better than what he did in GN'R, in my taste.
VR would still sound better with someone like Steven Adler, Dave Grohl or Tommy Lee!
if Matt should leave one day they should definately try to get Steven, Tommy...or me involved Grin, cos I think Dave is busy ok

I agree that I liek his drumming better in VR than Gn'R.  I still think VR would be better without him..

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 10:26:31 PM »

problem is Steven wouldn't fit in VR without Izzy there
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: