Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl News/Rumors from the radio
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl News/Rumors from the radio  (Read 10877 times)
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »

Not trying to piss anyone off but....

Greatest hits is the 10th best selling album of 2004

(Contraband isnt in the top 40)

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2005, 10:24:09 PM »

thats cool ok hope both bands do well this year
especially the one this section is dedicated 4 beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »

contraband is a half decent album  but it seemed kinda rushed.  It will be nothing compared to axl's masterpiece though
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2005, 06:25:28 PM »

contraband is a half decent album  but it seemed kinda rushed.  It will be nothing compared to axl's masterpiece though

Well, I'm not sure it'll be a masterpiece.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to hear it, but I don't want to build myself up too much for the album, just to be let down if its not what I expected.  I love the blues, cd, but really don't care for madagascar, rhiad, or silkworms.  madagascar isn't a bad song, but its not really that rock and roll.  thats only my opinion, and i think its because i preferred the harder gnr stuff to some of the illusions material.  i enjoyed contraband, it did seem a little rushed, but they waited a year to find a singer and just wanted to get started.  i don't wanna stretch this thread further, but i think scotts lyrics sucked and cost them a good album... 

oh and like someone else said earlier, djs are the WORST source for news... we'll here news first, or at least rumblings of news.  they do get most of their material from websites, like blabbermouth.  and they like to lie or build things up for ratings, since it is their job. 

Mike
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2005, 08:29:55 PM »

i personally dont understand how anyone on this site can say that contraband sucks if they are gnr fans, it is the closest thing to gnr that we have or might ever get again.? in my opinion the album is very good and to compare it to what we have from new gnr i would say the blues and maddy are better then anything on cb but the last 5 tracks on cb i feel are awsome and are better then anything else gnr gave us(rhiad silkworms omg cd). the bottom line is to say vr sucks then you are making it a Mets and Yankees thing or a Axl and Slash thing it is stupid?

Please stop ripping contraband guys, axlsfriend is right. it also is the closest thing we have to GnR right now cuz the music scene right now SUCKS!! nervous

VR are not spectacular but they are a pretty good rock n' roll band and based on this current scene, they are one of the best rock bands right now.

back on topic, i hope the rumors are true, how cool would it be having two 80's rock gods, Motley Crue and Guns N' Roses make two huge comebacks this year???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 08:36:05 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2005, 09:58:08 PM »

Cheesy i like motley too,  don't think they release a whole album this year...
judas priest releases a new cd in february with their original singer beer

seems like good music comin our way this year, and hopefully chinese democracy ok
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 10:19:34 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »

Not trying to piss anyone off but....

Greatest hits is the 10th best selling album of 2004

(Contraband isnt in the top 40)

I'm amazed that this is surprising to anyone.  I mean Greatest Hits was the combined works of a band that had sold tens of millions of albums and owned rock in the late 80's/early 90's.  Damn right it should of sold well!  Contraband however is the debut album of 40 something rockers in leather and denim - hardly gonna set the teen scenes wallets trembling is it?

The success of the 2 albums can in no way be compared as they are setting out to achieve totally different objectives.

crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2005, 01:53:59 AM »

This whole thread is an attempt to slam axl when everyone knows its bullshit.  What did you expect to get when you post something as dumb as this? Oh axl heard contraband and got scared it might do good. Well how long ago was contraband released? And the DJ is just saying this now?  Roll Eyes

Dude, I wasn't trying to start a flame war. I was just posting what the guy on the radio said. I don't believe him but I doubt he'd just make it up without hearing it from somewhere so I posted it here becasue it was something that hadn't been posted yet. It was never my intention to start a flame war.

Oh well. I'll go back to lurking for another few years.
usurper
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2005, 06:40:47 AM »

The #1 singles were on the Billboard mainstream/modern rock charts. Rock songs don't make the charts for the most part on MTV or the main billboard charts as they are dominated by rap and R&b. A #1 single on the rock charts is about the best a rock band not named Lincoln Park can hope for right now.
because Rock music isn't ROCK music anymore. That's a long story but, if Rock music isn't the #1 music in the world it's because most of Rock bands over these last 10 years haven't been that great. In the early 90's, Rock Music dominated the world, one week it was GN'R, the other week it was U2, the other one it was Nirvana, the other one it was REM etc...I mean most of 90's Rock classic albums were released between 1991 and 1993: the illusions, archtung baby, nevermind, black album, ten, etc... there was quality.

I absolutely agree with you. The quality of albums has gone down hill since I would say Blind Melons self titled debut. They're are not any more solos thats make you wanna headbang, they're are very few songs that you say outloud ''wow, now that was good'' It is very hard for a band with talent that is not singing about love or puppies or shit like that to have a number one. Still VR ain't as good as they say they are.................
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2005, 06:48:32 AM »

I wish they would be, but they are not  no

Shut up. Contraband as we all know is utter shit and Velvet Revolver were overhyped from day one. I have heard all the knew songs and they do sound a million times better than contrabnad.

Velvet revolver are the best rock band that have been out for ages  and there album is great.

btw axl has not made any good new songs since the use your illusiion times.

sphagetti is totally crap and what i have heard of these "new songs" are crap because all you can hear is keyboards.

html sucks
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2005, 07:54:58 AM »

The quality of albums has gone down hill since I would say Blind Melons self titled debut.

are you saying Blind Melon sucks Huh cause its very far from it !  rant Soup is even better than Self-titled.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2005, 08:40:26 AM »

how the hell would a radio dj know what Axl rose listened too???

VR's record was good....  you cant compare it to CD coz you have never fucking heard CD and probably never fucking will,,,,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2005, 09:26:51 AM »

Does this look like the VR section?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2005, 09:55:48 AM »

Looks like the Deadhorse section to me.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »

The quality of albums has gone down hill since I would say Blind Melons self titled debut.

are you saying Blind Melon sucks Huh cause its very far from it !? rant Soup is even better than Self-titled.
I think it was meant that the Blind Melon album is the last great album to come out...

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2005, 11:53:14 AM »

I wish they would be, but they are not? no

Shut up. Contraband as we all know is utter shit and Velvet Revolver were overhyped from day one. I have heard all the knew songs and they do sound a million times better than contrabnad.

sphagetti is totally crap and what i have heard of these "new songs" are crap because all you can hear is keyboards.

now thats bull shit man, even if it's your opinion, you should try to listen to the songs again....

i think contraband is great, but nothing colose to anything axl has had his hand on. fuck the hollywood rose demos could kick any song of contraband Tongue Lips Sealed

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
using my illusions
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2005, 11:57:32 AM »

i agree that there has been alot of crap music in general, not just rock music though. it's all fast food, im surprised they don't offer you fries when you go to buy a cd now-a-days.

but i disagree that there hasn't been any good albums at all. i mean, IMO, i think the chili peppers are the best rock band out right now, and have been the last 10 years, their live stuff, and californication, along with by the way, blood sugar sex magic, and even one hot minute, great albums, IMO. i also think stereophonics have put out a couple of really good albums, maybe not the rock your looking for, but's it's definitely not shit. anyways, i could go on - but i know i will get sassed, saying that i should put this in the "bad obsession" section, under.."abum recomendations (mainstream)"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2005, 01:51:47 PM »

Yep, There are quite a few new bands and new releases I enjoy. Contra was just one of them and it?s not my fault I have put Elephant on my CD player more. I personally can?t see the necessity to compare VR songs to new gnr songs. And I don?t think the good old days all that great Either.

what i have heard of these "new songs" are crap because all you can hear is keyboards.

now thats bull shit man, even if it's your opinion, you should try to listen to the songs again....

Don't forget to clean the wax out of your ears beforehand.  ok
usurper
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2005, 03:41:12 PM »

are you saying Blind Melon sucks Huh cause its very far from it !? rant Soup is even better than Self-titled.

No, I love Blind Melon, I really do. I am just saying that the quality of albums and music in particular has gone downhill since the last really great album was put out *Blind Melon*. I think the reason for this is that musicians have become lazier over the last few years and most can't even play a solo or at most 5 chords. Hopefully CD will raise the bar on music. We might never know.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: