Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dream 2005 Tour GnR Oasis and NIN
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dream 2005 Tour GnR Oasis and NIN  (Read 8034 times)
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 26, 2004, 04:29:47 PM »

Hey gunners i've been coming to this site for a few years but have never posted. I was thinking of my dream tour for next year and it would be this, a bill with Oasis, NIN, and of Course GNR. 3 of the only bands left who are in it for the music and have that fucking badass fuck you if you don't like our shit attitude. Come on can you imagine Liam and Axl the two most bad ass fucking singers of the last 30 years on the same bill. It's fact that Oasis and NIN have new albums coming out and they have actually been hanging out in the studio as Gem from Oasis is playing some stuff on the new NIN album. It all comes down to Uncle Axl deciding to finally release chinese democracy and go out and kick some ass. Anyway that's my dream for 2005. I've seen all 3 of these bandslive including the new gnr in tacoma 2002 which was the best show i've ever seen. I know I saw the best band in the world that night and I have no doubt that when Uncle Axl gets the show going he's goona kick the shit out of these new bandsie Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, SimplePlan and so on. If he could tour with Oasis and NIN though I think they could put an end to all this diet punk and nu-metal shit on the market today. People have such low standards for their Rock N Roll heroes these days it's just sad. Anyway keep the faith and hopefully we'll all get to see Uncle Axl Rock out next year.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 05:17:23 PM »

I've always said that a Guns N' Roses/Oasis Tour would be my dream (my 2 favourite bands). It could be one of the greatest and biggest Tour in History, a kind of huge Stadium world Tour. However, I don't want NIN, that band is not important and big enought compared to GN'R and Oasis, and this is not a Rock band. NIN is in the same league as marylin manson or ministry, you know, it has nothing to do with GN'R or Oasis. It's not Rock music and I think the audience is completely different. Rock fans don't like that much Indus music and 200% electronic songs you know...let's make something Rock n' Roll.
Guns N' Roses: 85 million records sold worldwide.
Oasis: 45 million records sold worldwide.

However, It would never happen because Axl's ego VS the Gallagher Brothers' ego would very likely lead to a fight backstage. They are all huge Rockstars. and Oasis may be the biggest Rock band of the Universe over these last 10 years, at least in Europe. They were fucking Huge here. and still are. They sold 250.000 tickets within few days for their upcoming U.K. Stadium summer Tour 2005. ALL the stadiums are already sold-out for next summer Shocked
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 05:29:04 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 05:33:16 PM »

oasis is POP.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 05:37:28 PM »

no, it's ROCK. Britney Spears is POP.
I think you should get an Oasis record...

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 05:39:07 PM »

I would be really disappointed if GN'R toured with Oasis. More like a nightmare than a dream.

MUSE would be cool.

Here today...ready to rock
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 05:55:30 PM »

I know what you mean about NIN's sound compared to Oasis and GNR however I like a variety of music and they could draw in fans who wouldn't necessarily be into GNR or Oasis. For me personally though Oasis and GnR are my fave Rock N Roll bands of the last twenty years and seeing them on the bill together would be the ultimate for myself. The tour would be chaos however with Liam and Axls Egos and attitudes but that's what's so great about the two of them. I consider Liam and Axl when it comes right down to it to be the only true Rock Stars left. Theres no fakery with the two of them and they don't give a fuck.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 06:05:14 PM »

we agree about GN'R and Oasis. These 2 bands ar very close in fact. When Oasis became huge, they reminded me a lot Guns n' Roses because there was something in the air like "the biggest Rock band in the world", they were both intouchable, huge Rockstars. "what's the story morning glory" sold 22 million copies worldwide and something like 15 million just in Europe. The equivalent of "Appetite For Destruction" of GN'R for the USA.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 06:14:15 PM »

I hate NIN as much as i like GNR, if they were opening i'd either have to arrive late or give the whole thing a miss - they are shite, Britney Spears would be preferable, atleast she can sing.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 06:18:59 PM »

That would be a great show. I like Oasis and I kinda Like NIN.

Both those bands would bring something different to the bill, whic is what I think GNR tried to do with Mix Master Mike and CKY in 2002. Also, It would introduce some Oasis and NIN fans who usually wouldn`t go see GNR to the new version of the band.

Good idea Mattattack

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 07:48:28 PM »

Some of you people are a little dillusional. Oasis would never tour with GNR. THey don't need them to sell tickets, and can you really see Oasis opening for them in a European tour in which the probability is awfully high Oasis is the more popular band?

Some of you need to wake up and face facts. GNR is no longer the biggest band in the world, no one who is even remotely popular right now is going to open for them until they prove they are a shell of what they were in the musical world. It is just not worth the hassle. If you are a band like Oasis and sell out stadiums in Europe, why would you want to open for GNR when you can go sell out a stadium on your own.....the same goes for almost every other band I see mentioned on here that people think should open for GNR.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 08:17:02 PM »

maybe a few years back when oasis wanted ti try and conquer america. now they can sell out anywhere in europe whenever they want and they get treated like rock gods (and duely so).
jgfnsr
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 08:29:13 PM »

Being as there isn't another band in the current "position" of GN'R, as it now stands, there really isn't one that would compliment the new band in any way. 

So why tour with anyone?

Axl and the new band should stand or fall on their own....

(Besides Axl and the Gallagher brothers would kill each other before the tour was over!)  hihi
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 08:38:40 PM »

oasis is POP.

And Mix Master Mike is rap!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 09:36:29 PM »

I love Oasis but they wouldn't really fit in with both GNR and NIN. I can't even see them fitting in too much with GNR alone but I would surely like that tour. I don't think Oasis would really want to put up with Axl though.
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 10:24:06 PM »

Some of you people are a little dillusional. Oasis would never tour with GNR. THey don't need them to sell tickets, and can you really see Oasis opening for them in a European tour in which the probability is awfully high Oasis is the more popular band?

Some of you need to wake up and face facts. GNR is no longer the biggest band in the world, no one who is even remotely popular right now is going to open for them until they prove they are a shell of what they were in the musical world. It is just not worth the hassle. If you are a band like Oasis and sell out stadiums in Europe, why would you want to open for GNR when you can go sell out a stadium on your own.....the same goes for almost every other band I see mentioned on here that people think should open for GNR.

hhmmmmm. Their greatest hists was one of the top 2004 selling cd's worldwide.
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 11:01:30 PM »

how the hell can you people call yourself gnr fans if you like a pussy ass, pop rock, beatles wantabee band like oasis? 
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 12:58:11 AM »

Hey gunners i've been coming to this site for a few years but have never posted. I was thinking of my dream tour for next year and it would be this, a bill with Oasis, NIN, and of Course GNR. 3 of the only bands left who are in it for the music and have that fucking badass fuck you if you don't like our shit attitude. Come on can you imagine Liam and Axl the two most bad ass fucking singers of the last 30 years on the same bill. It's fact that Oasis and NIN have new albums coming out and they have actually been hanging out in the studio as Gem from Oasis is playing some stuff on the new NIN album. It all comes down to Uncle Axl deciding to finally release chinese democracy and go out and kick some ass. Anyway that's my dream for 2005. I've seen all 3 of these bandslive including the new gnr in tacoma 2002 which was the best show i've ever seen. I know I saw the best band in the world that night and I have no doubt that when Uncle Axl gets the show going he's goona kick the shit out of these new bandsie Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, SimplePlan and so on. If he could tour with Oasis and NIN though I think they could put an end to all this diet punk and nu-metal shit on the market today. People have such low standards for their Rock N Roll heroes these days it's just sad. Anyway keep the faith and hopefully we'll all get to see Uncle Axl Rock out next year.

You probably(definitely) don't even understand the contradiction of what you just said - no one has lower standards for their RnR heroes than Axl fans - a washed up has-been who has obviously lost "it" & will probably never have "it" again.("it" being talent,  heart, & success, on any level).
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004, 02:01:18 AM »

hhmmmmm. Their greatest hists was one of the top 2004 selling cd's worldwide.

Yeah, a greatest hits written by a band that no longer exists. In name yes, but that cd closed the door on the original guys chapter. How GH sells is no indication of how CD will sell, because it is a totally different group of guys and all new band. But I am sure you knew that already seeing as not one note on that album was written by any of the new band members.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2004, 02:32:46 AM »

if newgnr is fogotten and unnoticed as people claims... the next album we'll sell 4 those who don't know Grin
like gh proves Cheesy

so it's a lose and lose situation for all the gnr-haters

and can we stop all this no one has lower standards for their RnR heroes than Axl fans - a washed up has-been who has obviously lost "it" & will probably never have "it" again - shit

they's so not right no
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 02:37:32 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2004, 03:25:30 AM »

I never hear anything about Oasis?  Are they really that good?  I think I'd rather see GN'R go out there with Jimmy's Chicken Shack.... hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: