Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  can Axl play the game?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can Axl play the game?  (Read 2194 times)
RumJungle
Opening Act

I make my livin "Killing Time" W. Axl Rose

« on: December 24, 2004, 01:34:12 AM »

Or a better question WILL Axl play the game?

Does Axl need to play the media game in order to be successful or can he go on not giving interviews and basically ignoring the press while trying to put out a record?

Velvet revolver had a very successful year but they were also the biggest media whores I have seen in a long time. They made sure they were almost to the point of overexposure.

I cant see Axl doing the amout of press VR did.

Does he need to overexpose himself to sell records?

What do you think?

OUT peace

What do we need?  Where do we go?  When we get where we dont know.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 02:58:19 AM »

Being older guys they have to be media whores (VR).

I'd say GnR has to do the same thing.

But your question, a good one, is will he/they?

haha, maybe...The interview with Loder suprised me. But that still ain't shit compared to what VR has done.

Who knows...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 03:24:26 AM »

Does he need to overexpose himself to sell records?
What do you think?
OUT peace

I really dont think so, the hype for this album is gonna be huge n' has been for a long time ok. It's funny you sayin' this, i was thinkin' the other day about how GNR n' Axl will go about interviews n' shit, i reckon he's gonna stay pretty low key n' keep the myth thing happening, sure he'll do interviews but they'll be rare.

Who knows, i think him keepin' quiet would be good, no bashing out ex-members in the press, he can say what the hell he wants at the shows n' thats were it should stay ok.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 03:27:53 AM by No6rt6ni6lC » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 05:24:37 AM »

He's shunned the spotlight for so long that the media will come after him.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 06:31:37 AM »

he did interviews for the tour, so im sure he will do interviews for CD; but i think a lot more interviews will be done also by the band, not just by axl, but yes most of them will have to come from axl

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 06:42:34 AM »

I think he will do press. He is just going to be tasteful about it, and do it on his terms.
Nothing wrong with that. the more you give the press, the more they will mess with you.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 07:43:16 AM »

LOL, okay I need more coffee

I thought by the name of this thread, it was referring to if Axl can play PS 2 and San Andreas GTA  rofl
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 07:50:40 AM »

I thought by the name of this thread, it was referring to if Axl can play PS 2 and San Andreas GTA? rofl

Me too Smiley

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 08:55:39 AM »

I think when it comes to a matter of promotion, GnR will more then likely choose radio promotion over television promotion any day. I think Axl will and should first and foremost release a killer single and get it on heavy rotation around the globe, and get the release date (after its been announced) heavily circulating on the radio as well. I might be in the minority here, but I dont think GnR or Axl more specifically are into making a music video anymore. Alot of artists these days no longer make music videos, take AC/DC for example, and as popularity goes there still in there prime. I really dont think were going to see Axl or the group on TRL or everyother hour on MTV like VR seem to be doing. I honestly hope GnR doesnt become a seriously commercial act. During the tour, Tommy and Dizzy were on MuchMoreMusic, Id prefer a smaller network such as that to a corporation such as the likes of MTV.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 11:36:13 AM »

I really dont think were going to see Axl or the group on TRL or everyother hour on MTV like VR seem to be doing. I honestly hope GnR doesnt become a seriously commercial act. During the tour, Tommy and Dizzy were on MuchMoreMusic, Id prefer a smaller network such as that to a corporation such as the likes of MTV.
Well that's what GN'R was in the early 90s. A huge commercial act. Common', you're not being realistic here. Of course the new GN'R will have new videos. The record company did not spend 13 million dollars of their money for this album to be promoted poorly. If you spend a certain amount of time and money in a product, you as a distributer, will have to make it sure it will sell greatly. Besides, why do people always bring up TRL acting like MTV is the only music channel? There's MTV2, VH1, and Fuse (I love Fuse). Besides, who watches MTV for vidoes anymore. hihi I strongly hope GN'R makes a new video, it would be fuckin' awesome to see Axl rockin' again......pro-shot. drool
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 04:07:46 PM »

I thought by the name of this thread, it was referring to if Axl can play PS 2 and San Andreas GTA? rofl

haha! me too, swear to God!! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 05:41:50 PM »

I really dont think were going to see Axl or the group on TRL or everyother hour on MTV like VR seem to be doing. I honestly hope GnR doesnt become a seriously commercial act. During the tour, Tommy and Dizzy were on MuchMoreMusic, Id prefer a smaller network such as that to a corporation such as the likes of MTV.
Well that's what GN'R was in the early 90s. A huge commercial act. Common', you're not being realistic here. Of course the new GN'R will have new videos. The record company did not spend 13 million dollars of their money for this album to be promoted poorly. If you spend a certain amount of time and money in a product, you as a distributer, will have to make it sure it will sell greatly. Besides, why do people always bring up TRL acting like MTV is the only music channel? There's MTV2, VH1, and Fuse (I love Fuse). Besides, who watches MTV for vidoes anymore. hihi I strongly hope GN'R makes a new video, it would be fuckin' awesome to see Axl rockin' again......pro-shot. drool

Why should Geffen spend a few million on a music video(s) if it will be poorly recieved and rotated on music networks. I know GnR and the label arn't stupid, they are going to want to promote the living hell out of this project to regain the finances they have originally invested in it. All Im saying is that television commercialization of this band is not by any means the only way to go. Radio and singles are less costly, and equally productive form of promotion. Axl hasnt been in a music video, nor has the GnR label been attached to a music video in almost 12 years. We all know how solitary and private Axl is, perhaps he doesnt have the desire for videos anymore.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2004, 09:08:25 PM »

I don't think Axl has the mental make up to handle a full on media blitz.

The repetitive nature of the questions and the constant inquiries about VR/Old GNR might very well push him over the ledge.

Just my opinion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2004, 09:48:01 PM »

I don't think Axl has the mental make up to handle a full on media blitz.

The repetitive nature of the questions and the constant inquiries about VR/Old GNR might very well push him over the ledge.

Just my opinion.

I agree Axl takes some things very seriously. Yoda must have told him Slash is the antichrist. He just doesnt like to discuss the old band. Axl used to say they couldnt tour anymore because they arent getting high. That theorys kind of gotton  some holes in it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 10:18:15 PM »

haha, funny Cheesy

like a ozzy tryin to work a remote controll hihi

CHRIS!!! help me
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 10:19:56 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: