Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 08:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard might be busy for the next year
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard might be busy for the next year  (Read 12573 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2004, 04:24:12 PM »

Fortus wasn`t an original member of the furs anyway.? If he was involved with this recent reunion of the band he would have been mentioned.

From the article:

"Original members Richard and Tim Butler and John Ashton, along with Richard Butler's writing partner Richard Fortus on guitar and Earl Harvin on drums, will again showcase the Psychedelic Furs' old material like "Love My Way," "The Ghost in You," and "Pretty in Pink."

This was already addressed before your post, which is why I asked if you read the thread.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2004, 12:57:32 AM »

Although this has been stated more than once in this thread, I thought I'd post it if for nothing more than to at least shut a certain nay-sayer up.

"Where is Richard Fortus?

The last show he played with the Furs was in 2001. Since then, he's been playing with Enrique Iglesias and Guns n' Roses. No word on whether he will re-join the Furs at any point. He is greatly missed by his fans, though, and we'd love to see him back.
"

This info comes from a semi-official Psychedelic Furs website, which is blessed/sponsored by the band.

So relax, Richard's solidly in GnR.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2004, 01:08:45 AM »

well it looks like there is no CD anytime in the near future  hihi
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2004, 01:52:39 AM »

well it looks like there is no CD anytime in the near future? hihi

it's done, work finsihed 4 now

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2004, 01:00:28 PM »

Fortus wasn`t an original member of the furs anyway.? If he was involved with this recent reunion of the band he would have been mentioned.

From the article:

"Original members Richard and Tim Butler and John Ashton, along with Richard Butler's writing partner Richard Fortus on guitar and Earl Harvin on drums, will again showcase the Psychedelic Furs' old material like "Love My Way," "The Ghost in You," and "Pretty in Pink."

This was already addressed before your post, which is why I asked if you read the thread.

Reply to above from GnRFL: :The article was from 2001. It was before Fortus joined GNR. What I was referring to was the recent news that the Furs were going into the studio to record a new album, in which Fortus was not mentioned. Here is the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6773672/thepsychedelicfurs?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion?

My bad if I diddn`t get my point across clearly.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2004, 01:54:56 PM »

My apologies as well
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 10:15:44 AM »

is the band slowly falling appart?? Huh
am I alone to have this impression?? Undecided

You are alone in turning every thread under the sun into some negative fantasy, that's for sure.

Yeah man, constructive critisism, opinions etc. are fine, but stop whining all the time!

how do you give a forever dormant band constructive critisism.? There's nothing to talk about..? confused there's nothing but side projects, and I could give a fuck about those..

Can you keep talking about a few boots and a studio release that was forgotten within a few months (1999)?
Fortus could be playing the obo in a circus and I wouldn't care, I just want gnr music..Anything else to me is useless..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 03:07:48 PM »

how do you give a forever dormant band constructive critisism.? There's nothing to talk about..? confused there's nothing but side projects, and I could give a fuck about those..
Why are you talking, then? to whine?
Can you keep talking about a few boots and a studio release that was forgotten within a few months (1999)?
Fortus could be playing the obo in a circus and I wouldn't care, I just want gnr music..Anything else to me is useless..
It seems some people find their Negative fantasies of use.
I have no use for them.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2004, 06:40:43 PM »

how do you give a forever dormant band constructive critisism.? There's nothing to talk about..?  there's nothing but side projects, and I could give a fuck about those..

Then you are not a fan of gnr. You only care about what Axl does. Other peopel around here actually dig the band and their solo stufff. They like the band and it would be like checking out duff or slash's solo stuff.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2004, 07:37:22 PM »

how do you give a forever dormant band constructive critisism.? There's nothing to talk about..?? there's nothing but side projects, and I could give a fuck about those..

Then you are not a fan of gnr. You only care about what Axl does. Other peopel around here actually dig the band and their solo stufff. They like the band and it would be like checking out duff or slash's solo stuff.

So far axl is the only one that I really like, not to mention buckethead but he's gone.. SO far the band just changes the lineup no mater how slim and people forget them so obviously most people only care about what axl does./.

Maybe I could enjoy them more if I had something of new gnr, then when they took a break I would want to get into their other stuff./. I was able to get into slash's stuff because he did the most amazing guitar work in gnr and I was a fan from 87-94 when they made music then got into snakepit, but that was only after years of amazing touring and chart topping albums..

Comparing the old to the new is like oranges n apples, one has nothing the other's work is second to none and have sold about 80 million albums (best debut album ever, had five albums in the top 5, two albums debuted 1 n 2)..

Maybe you are able to like someone so quick, but for me it's a little harder plus I only want gnr music so being we haven't had any I rather wait for some before I get into people I have no outside interest with..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

Comparing the old to the new is like oranges n apples, one has nothing the other's work is second to none and have sold about 80 million albums (best debut album ever, had five albums in the top 5, two albums debuted 1 n 2)..
Please show me wqhere I compare old vs new....this isnt about that

all i said was that there are people who are actually fans of the members in this band not just because they are in gnr. They actually enjoy thier previous or current work.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 09:59:05 AM »

Please show me wqhere I compare old vs new....this isnt about that

all i said was that there are people who are actually fans of the members in this band not just because they are in gnr. They actually enjoy thier previous or current work.

whatever others like is fine, but when I see new tours starting for other new gnr members I get pissed because I am only interested in something gnr related with axl singing, everything else is secondary to me involving this current lineup..

To each his own
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 10:51:10 AM »

how do you give a forever dormant band constructive critisism.? There's nothing to talk about..?? there's nothing but side projects, and I could give a fuck about those..

Sorry, but a GN'R fan doesn't have to be interested in the members solo career. That's it. If I wanted to be cynical I'd say that I'd go and buy some N'Sync in the music store. Sorry, for me the 'new' members work is very weak, except of BH, he has some interesting stuff unlike the others.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2004, 10:57:45 AM »

Sorry, but a GN'R fan doesn't have to be interested in the members solo career. That's it.

But how many people outside the GN'R fan base went out and bought Duff's "Believe In Me" or the Slash's Snakepit albums? Most fans are interested. It's a shame that people feel the way you do especially since some of the solo albums are actually good. Tommy's album is the latest example.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2004, 11:03:50 AM »

can you post a song in the dl section-or is that illegal?

I seen some live-stuff and radio performances and i didn't like it that much Undecided

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »

Obviously I can't post album tracks on the site, but you can listen to clips @ Amazon.com.

Obviously people who listen to heavy metal might not like it.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2004, 11:18:30 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the real GN'R (old line-up) but I also really like a new guy like Richard Fortus. Don't oppose the old and the new bandmembers, it's different. Compare them if you want, but don't oppose them. It's not a war. For exemple, Duff is a great bass player on his own, same for Tommy.
However I do think the "old" Axl was better than the new one. But the guy has aged over the years so it's normal. I just hope he has not lost his talent and that we will see another "November Rain" or "Estranged".
However, I have big doubts about Robin Finck to make honour to Slash. I think he is not good enought, he is supposed to be the lead guitarist but the rythmic one (Richard) blows him away. I'd like to see the contrary: Fortus on lead, Finck on rythm. Buckethead...well hoppefully he is gone but he could be intresting for studio work. I see the man as a fantastic studio session player, but as a terrible stage player.
Brain is ok on drums (I talk about the musician he is)
Dizzy hasn't changed, he is Dizzy "fucking" Reed. He is good.
I doubt the "new" GN'R will sell 80 or 85 million records like the real band back in the days, but I do think they have potencial.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2004, 11:42:26 AM »

Sorry, but a GN'R fan doesn't have to be interested in the members solo career. That's it.

But how many people outside the GN'R fan base went out and bought Duff's "Believe In Me" or the Slash's Snakepit albums? Most fans are interested. It's a shame that people feel the way you do especially since some of the solo albums are actually good. Tommy's album is the latest example.

/jarmo

It's a bit different, cause 5 guys made GN'R, it's obvious that fans are interested in their solo work, although they don't have to be. The current line-up hasn't proved anything, they haven't released an album. (Only 3 or 4 today members played on OMG...) If the album comes out and it's great, I'll follow those guys whose contribution I'll find significant.

And yes, I have Tommy's album and IMO it's? below mediocre. Sorry, I don't like it and I'm glad that Axl didn't want to do these songs.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 11:45:35 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2004, 11:47:41 AM »

Obviously people who listen to heavy metal might not like it.? Grin

/jarmo

what if they like gnr too?  Cool thanks 4 that link ok

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2004, 11:53:23 AM »

/jarmo

That's because the gnr with slash and duff was the one we grew up with and loved, we got the best music forever from them, without them there is no second addition of gnr.. New guys did a few boots and some live shows, besides that who really klnows these guys, and why would I wna tto search into their outside life in music when I haven't gotten anything from the new gnr??

The reason fans explore outside of a group they love is because they loved their older music, so far I have nothing like that with the new guys..

It's like I checked out mad season n temple of the dog because of interest with alice n chains, pearl jam and soundgarden..

I personally only want a new gnr record and then if I like it and get to know the current band members then I migfht be more inclined to follow their other work when they aren't playing with gnr..

I am the type that saw a few shows and now want to see something else, some people probably have every sound board and every boot and watch them like crazy, but that's not for me, I want new material and want to see the band again..

The final thing is I chose to love guns n roses then band grew on the world so far I was more forced to like band members because axl owns the gnr name... Things take time regarding having interests in band members so they need to do more for me to enjoy them...

I like alot of bands for their music but have no interest in the musicians themselves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: