Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2002 was an awsome year to be a Guns n Roses fan
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2002 was an awsome year to be a Guns n Roses fan  (Read 7530 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« on: December 21, 2004, 10:15:13 AM »

The Hong kong show... Asia and Europe... VMA,...North america...Vancouver riots...

That shit was fucking exciting as fuck.....

Too bad its been all shit since then.....

Where the fuck are you Bill Bailey.....
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 10:29:31 AM »

And the point of this thread is?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 10:35:04 AM »

The Hong kong show... Asia and Europe... VMA,...North america...Vancouver riots...

That shit was fucking exciting as fuck.....

Too bad its been all shit since then.....

Where the fuck are you Bill Bailey.....

http://www.bill-bailey.co.uk/home.php

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 10:45:53 AM »

And the point of this thread is?

to reflect back on 2002 how cool it was...
fixintodie
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 11:18:35 AM »

Not if you were at Philly.

And as we all know, fans of most bands get tours and new albums every couple of years anyways. I think the fact that anyone's looking back on a year of riots, missed performances, no new album, and an abortive attempt at a tour as some sort of glory days, shows just how sad the GN'R situation is becoming.
estranged.1098
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 11:43:02 AM »

I guess it's a matter of how you look at it.

I sure like the positive attitude better though.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 12:09:53 PM »

well for me 2002 wasn't that cool. Living in Europe, I just enjoyed the vma'02. To tell you the truth, a few people was aware of this "GN'R-comeback" because the promotion was extremely low + NO ALBUM + a dramatic tour ...call it a "great" year if you want to, GN'R fans seem so desesperate by the wait that they take everything little for something big. No that wasn't a "great" year. 1992 was a a great year: GN'R was the most popular band in the world, they sold millions and millions records, they had several Hits on the charts, they were everywhere on the planet and they filled 60.000? or 70.000 stadium capacity every night and everywhere: from America to Europe, from Asia to South America. That's what I call a great year.
Some might say "nesquick stop living in the past", I agree, but the past was so great that I can't forget it.? Undecided
am I possessed by this glory past?? hihi
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:17:11 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 01:17:41 PM »

well for me 2002 wasn't that cool. Living in Europe, I just enjoyed the vma'02. To tell you the truth, a few people was aware of this "GN'R-comeback" because the promotion was extremely low + NO ALBUM + a dramatic tour ...call it a "great" year if you want to, GN'R fans seem so desesperate by the wait that they take everything little for something big. No that wasn't a "great" year. 1992 was a a great year: GN'R was the most popular band in the world, they sold millions and millions records, they had several Hits on the charts, they were everywhere on the planet and they filled 60.000? or 70.000 stadium capacity every night and everywhere: from America to Europe, from Asia to South America. That's what I call a great year.
Some might say "nesquick stop living in the past", I agree, but the past was so great that I can't forget it.? Undecided

He called it "awsome" year.
And didn't talk about people but GNR fans  beer
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 01:26:33 PM »

Like me, you are old enough to experience the past.  Thats why we appreciate it so much.  We were there.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 01:46:59 PM »

yes I especially remember a day, I think it was in may/june 1992 (I live in Paris), a few days before the Paris-Vincennes 1992 broadcasted show, I went out, walked in the streets near my home, it was a sunny day, and saw tons of GN'R tee-shirts in the streets, not 1 not 2 but TONS. Then I went to a park and I heard people singing "knocking on heaven's door" I was like..."wow, that band is HUGE". Then I went to a music store and there were plenty of GN'R posters on the wall, people inside the store talked about GN'R. That was crazy. then when I came home I watched TV and...they were playing the Freddy Mercury tribute with GN'R. The night I lstened to the radio...and there was a "special Guns n' Roses emission"...what a day! Shocked
That day I understood Guns n' Roses were at their peak and that they were making history. and they were WAAAYY bigger than Nirvana or any other Rock band in the place. I've never understood why the young generation think Nirvana was the biggest band in the early 90's. That's not true. GN'R were 3 or 4 times bigger. U2 was also bigger than Nirvana.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 01:50:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »

I've never understood why the young generation think Nirvana was the biggest band in the early 90's. That's not true. GN'R were 3 or 4 times bigger. U2 was also bigger than Nirvana.

That's from the perspective of someone living in Europe, though.  In America (thanks to MTV), Nirvana was all over the place.  I would still agree that Guns were bigger, but Nirvana was clearly being groomed as the 'next big thing.'

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 02:37:17 PM »

It fucking sucked cuz they dropped the ball, i had my ticket to see them and they ruined it.
2001 was the last year it ruled.

smoking
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 02:44:51 PM »

There was hope in 2002 we would actually see GNR re-take over the world.

Now in hindsight, 2002 was better than 03 and 04. Hoe we are not having this ame thread in 2005.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 02:46:27 PM »

smoking

And why would that be?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 03:22:40 PM »

I've never understood why the young generation think Nirvana was the biggest band in the early 90's. That's not true. GN'R were 3 or 4 times bigger. U2 was also bigger than Nirvana.

That's from the perspective of someone living in Europe, though.? In America (thanks to MTV), Nirvana was all over the place.? I would still agree that Guns were bigger, but Nirvana was clearly being groomed as the 'next big thing.'

They were only labeled as "The Band That Could Have Been"  Nirvana got huge after Kurt died.  Hell, Pearl Jam was bigger than them at the time.  Popular media i.e. MTV, is what made Nirvana great. 

/Lives in America
//In my late 20's
///seen Nirvana live, nothing on the scale on GNR in popularity.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 03:33:28 PM »

yes I especially remember a day, I think it was in may/june 1992 (I live in Paris), a few days before the Paris-Vincennes 1992 broadcasted show, I went out, walked in the streets near my home, it was a sunny day, and saw tons of GN'R tee-shirts in the streets, not 1 not 2 but TONS. Then I went to a park and I heard people singing "knocking on heaven's door" I was like..."wow, that band is HUGE". Then I went to a music store and there were plenty of GN'R posters on the wall, people inside the store talked about GN'R. That was crazy. then when I came home I watched TV and...they were playing the Freddy Mercury tribute with GN'R. The night I lstened to the radio...and there was a "special Guns n' Roses emission"...what a day! Shocked
That day I understood Guns n' Roses were at their peak and that they were making history. and they were WAAAYY bigger than Nirvana or any other Rock band in the place. I've never understood why the young generation think Nirvana was the biggest band in the early 90's. That's not true. GN'R were 3 or 4 times bigger. U2 was also bigger than Nirvana.

You described a dream world hihi, anyway I think the reason is Cobain's death (perhaps suicide), he said it himself ?"suicide is a way to increase your popularity" or something like that.
People (ehm... girls) remember Nirvana because Cobain's looked real pretty. Ok Axl was good too. Once a girl told me, Bon Jovi is more beautiful than Axl. Women.... they think better I guess. ?ok

smoking

And why would that be?

Because of ROR? It wasn't enough. Sad
Little promotion, no album....
I think the key is the promotion and plus a good album of course.
All in all, 2002 wasn't good for me.
1992-93 were fuckin' great, too bad I was only 7 years old, I only knew Paradise City (not even the name of the song ?Cry though
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 03:51:10 PM »

WHATEVER!!!  GnR completely fucked everything up! The tour was a complete joke... and a lot of fans got fucked. We were victims of false hope. The only thing I liked about that year(as far as GnR is concerned) was the VMA performance.... and that even kinda sucked. Oh well, just my opinion.

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 04:53:04 PM »

"...an awesome year to be a Gnr fan."

There were moments of excited anticipation, but mostly 2002 was a tease in my opinion.

Hell, when I saw them in Vegas on January 1st 2001, and Axl was confidently talking about the new album as though it were either complete or near completion, and it being "out of the ballpark"... and then nothing happened. That was a tease already.

But 2002 comes around, and the fucking Chinese Democracy tour for cripesakes. Nothing even comes of that? Only Axl, man. And later we find out there was probably nothing resembling an album even then... even as were repeatedly told by management how hard Axl was working (every waking hour or somesuch, despite later accounts that the band was usually waiting in vain for him to even appear at the studio). That year was simply the most alluring tease, but it was still just a tease.

I actually prefer what we have now, which is nothing and which is more representative of what we should expect from Axl.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 05:09:00 PM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 05:01:41 PM »

It was a better year to be a fan, not an awesome one, especially if youre from Philly like a poster above pointed out.

I think this was a pretty awesome year for GNR fans.? yes
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 05:03:38 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 05:24:58 PM »

At least we got Velvet Revolver in  2004, that helped some.

Also, Slash and the rest of the old band are putting out music in one form or another. Even Steven Adler is playing again.

If Axl doesn`t release CD in 2005......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: