Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004  (Read 28668 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2004, 11:49:59 AM »

"if gnr starts up again, I'm in, if? the albumcomes out it will be great"

Lots of IFs here... Doesn't sound like a band doing anything.. Band has been on hiatus forever already.. When you're a band people won't ask would you work with axl's crew again, it should be a given he is axl's crew.

Some stuff is good, but if you're a fan ever expecting anything then it sucks...

That tells me right now there is no guns, and everyone is off doing whatever with no clue to anything..

Guy should have asked why do you say if for so many things?

One thing I can say is brain is up front and doesn't string us along like the other asspipes that say it'll drop and second and landing pad is near and hairs breadth bulshit, now  know to expect nothing for a while..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 11:55:24 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2004, 12:06:03 PM »

Thanks Scabbie.  ok

As previously mentioned by others, sounds like he doesn't know what's going on with GN'R. Just like Tommy when he was touring.

But it also sounds like he likes being in the band when they're actually doing something and that he likes the material he helped create.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2004, 02:44:20 PM »

Thanks Scabbie.? ok

As previously mentioned by others, sounds like he doesn't know what's going on with GN'R. Just like Tommy when he was touring.

But it also sounds like he likes being in the band when they're actually doing something and that he likes the material he helped create.

/jarmo

Exactly, Jarmo.  His comments don't seem to be any different from what Tommy Stinson has said.  And Tommy has said time and time again, especially recently, that he is still with Guns.  Therefore, I see no reason to take away anything negative from this interview.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 03:10:54 PM »

Hmm I think otherwise.
One thing I can say is brain is upfront

Cheesy Aye. The words from This forthright man on the band and the album are trusty and music to most of our ears. 
 Undecided  And Aye.  his "IF"s here make me think that:
despite his desire to see the release of the album, there?s something made him doubt about the prospect of it. Somehow, this hints that there's been a crucial obstacle standing in the way of GNR, hence the words "If" n "ever".  Damn!  What is it or are they? other than ones mentioned in YG?s post?  seemingly Tommy n Dizzy believe they?re conquerable.

Then again, I may be thinking too much. peace

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 03:21:03 PM »

Thanks for posting the article. After reading it, the article has both positive and negative statements I think can be interpreted many ways. I think its incredibly positive that he basically says when Axl needs him, he will be there in a heartbeat and that he enjoys being a part of the band. The "hired gun" thing didn't really bother me as much as it did some of you, because either way you slice it, this is not a band in every sense of the word. If it were a band you would not be given your walking papers until your lead singer feels your presence is required. I would take a guess that Gn'R have been on heitus since the 2002 tour was axed or at least a few months following. It seems very obvious to me that ALL the cards are in Axl's hands to start the band back up again and finally release this fucking album already. If your bandmembers say its a masterpiece or GnR's Zeppelin 2 then its fucking ready Axl, cmon.  I dont know if Axl has a serious confidence problem but I think the most we can take into consideration is that all the bandmembers are willing and ready to go when Axl is, and the release hinders on Axl's shoulders alone.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
shaun
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2004, 03:39:54 PM »

Thanks Scabbie.  ok

/jarmo

Tommy does come across as more positive though  Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2004, 04:00:06 PM »

Hmm I think otherwise.
One thing I can say is brain is upfront

Cheesy Aye. The words from This forthright man on the band and the album are trusty and music to most of our ears.?
 Undecided? And Aye.? his "IF"s here make me think that:
despite his desire to see the release of the album, there?s something made him doubt about the prospect of it. Somehow, this hints that there's been a crucial obstacle standing in the way of GNR, hence the words "If" n "ever".? Damn!? What is it or are they? other than ones mentioned in YG?s post?? seemingly Tommy n Dizzy believe they?re conquerable.

Then again, I may be thinking too much. peace

Yo bad bucket left, he was brains buddy, he was perobably another reason he loved being in new gnr, he felt he had a freind.. You never see him with tommy n the gang, the otheres seem tight and brain isn't with them outside..

Before with bucket he had a person who was a link to new gnr, same with tommy, dizzy n richard..

I like how brain spoke like a annoyed fan, he tells it like it is..
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 04:06:26 PM »

So I went down and met the guys and Axl, and everyone was super cool. The whole Guns thing really excited me and I think the record?s incredible ? it could be their Led Zepplin 11.

your too !! your too !! YOUR TOOOOO !!!!!
 rant

or am I wrong and I understood from this quote that he is just a Studio musician and Axl could or could not need him on tour
Huh

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 04:08:57 PM »

the hired gun comment didn't seem directly aimed at just gnr.He does alot of hired session work, not as much as freese but he still does alot of playing other peoples music.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2004, 04:21:13 PM »

So I went down and met the guys and Axl, and everyone was super cool. The whole Guns thing really excited me and I think the record?s incredible ? it could be their Led Zepplin 11.

your too !! your too !! YOUR TOOOOO !!!!!
 rant

or am I wrong and I understood from this quote that he is just a Studio musician and Axl could or could not need him on tour
Huh

Be realistic they are all hired guns ,they are session players that provide axl with a product.. If they weren't they would have equal knowledsge on every gnr event.. One man and one man only makes the final choices.. Not one of them know a thing about the album besides it's done, even the most recent interview seems very doubtfull as to seeing the album.. It also makes me believe there's only one album,.,.

The new band could switch 15 times, as long as axl's there everyone here will stay and say how everything is fine..

The best player left in BH and everyone was saying how amazing he was and now no one gives a rats ass about him and tries to blame him for the delays..

I'm sure it's lawsuits and tweaking still going on, it's just shit everyone uses to convince themselves everything is ok and that's why nothing happens..
The brain interview also proves nothing has been done for a tour, a video, or a single or we wouldn't have heard such doubt in his voice.,.. As brain said the album rocks but you'll be lucky to hear it.. He klnow the deal, he just doesn't want to sound to bad, he has his side work he and the others will just coast along and tommy will promote his band every time he can and say everything is great in gnr land..

Notice all the guys are ready, they just sit around witht heir thumbs up their asses waiting for the man who can't be bothered to give them a call..Lucky they have side work or axl would have left his entire new hired guns sitting around doing nothing..

They are all basically not in gnr's loop they all just hope they get a call one day, it's really sad..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2004, 04:28:50 PM »

The "hired gun" thing didn't really bother me as much as it did some of you, because either way you slice it, this is not a band in every sense of the word. If it were a band you would not be given your walking papers until your lead singer feels your presence is required.
Even though I consider it a band.
What we?re waiting for is an album they made democratically. What we?ll hear next is from the people you call "hired" now. 
Maybe for you the one who conducts a group is everything but to me a bunch of musicians who make music together is a band.
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2004, 04:31:27 PM »

Be realistic they are all hired guns ,they are session players that provide axl with a product.. If they weren't they would have equal knowledsge on every gnr event.. One man and one man only makes the final choices.. Not one of them know a thing about the album besides it's done, even the most recent interview seems very doubtfull as to seeing the album.. It also makes me believe there's only one album,.,.

The new band could switch 15 times, as long as axl's there everyone here will stay and say how everything is fine..

The best player left in BH and everyone was saying how amazing he was and now no one gives a rats ass about him and tries to blame him for the delays..

I'm sure it's lawsuits and tweaking still going on, it's just shit everyone uses to convince themselves everything is ok and that's why nothing happens..
The brain interview also proves nothing has been done for a tour, a video, or a single or we wouldn't have heard such doubt in his voice.,.. As brain said the album rocks but you'll be lucky to hear it.. He klnow the deal, he just doesn't want to sound to bad, he has his side work he and the others will just coast along and tommy will promote his band every time he can and say everything is great in gnr land..

Notice all the guys are ready, they just sit around witht heir thumbs up their asses waiting for the man who can't be bothered to give them a call..Lucky they have side work or axl would have left his entire new hired guns sitting around doing nothing..

They are all basically not in gnr's loop they all just hope they get a call one day, it's really sad..

PREACH ON BROTHER MAN! You took the words from my mouth....

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2004, 04:36:09 PM »

Yo bad bucket left, he was brains buddy, he was perobably another reason he loved being in new gnr, he felt he had a freind.. You never see him with tommy n the gang, the otheres seem tight and brain isn't with them outside..

Before with bucket he had a person who was a link to new gnr, same with tommy, dizzy n richard..

I like how brain spoke like a annoyed fan, he tells it like it is..
I thought BH, Richard n Brain are buddies?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2004, 04:45:32 PM »

Does anyone else notice that with everything Brain said in that interview, he is almost entirely uninvolved or out of touch with his project compared to say Tommy Stinson. Tommy said in his interview with Jarmo that he's in contact with the GnR camp almost on a weekly basis, and has to constantly arrange his schedule around his commitments to the band, while Brain is completely ominous and not the slightest bit afraid to let it show that he  more then likely is no longer in contact with the bandmembers and basically is out there pissing in the wind until he feels needed in the group. His assumptions towards the albums release are a complete 180 compared to Tommy's as well. Tommy goes in to detail back in October about how so utterly close it is and it will forsure come out soon, while a little over 2 months later Brain is absolutely serious when he says he hasn't the foggiest if, and when it will see the light of day. This band is so not even on the same wavelength and that to me is more disappointing more often then not then having the album out.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »

Axl is way too selfish to share popularity with other guys. The man wants to be the only one to be spoken about. That's why he became mad when Slash started to become more popular than him in the early 90's. He wanted to be "the" bandmember, not "a" bandmember among others.
Now we get what he wants: Mister Axl Rose (100% of power, 100% of decisions) and...a bunch of hired guns (0% of power, 0% of decisions).

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2004, 06:51:40 PM »

Axl is way too selfish to share popularity with other guys. The man wants to be the only one to be spoken about. That's why he became mad when Slash started to become more popular than him in the early 90's. He wanted to be "the" bandmember, not "a" bandmember among others.
Now we get what he wants: Mister Axl Rose (100% of power, 100% of decisions) and...a bunch of hired guns (0% of power, 0% of decisions).
And Axl and Slash told you this over candle-light dinner? That's right they didn't. You don't know shit. All that statement was just pure speculation from a fan. You've never been behind the scenes and obviously you haven't done any research of your own.

And hey, you were the one that wanted to mail bomb Sanctuary... Roll Eyes
estranged.1098
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2004, 06:57:54 PM »

Actually, it's "The Fat Bastard and the Yes-men".

Why don't you just shut up for good?
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2004, 07:23:57 PM »

Damn, you are so brave ! You are THE man Nesquick !  hihi
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2004, 07:34:37 PM »

first people bitch about dizzy and tommy sayin soon, and yes it be out
and that many suggested that they should just say they don't know whats gooin on about gnr release and official staments....

now when a member says something that don't sound like soon or give us anticipation-

could you belive it? thats bad 4 some 2 Shocked

hey, thank you 4 that interview ok

it's something he has with the others created so it boundin him,? don't know how he feels callin himself gunsnroses,
it's not his legacy, yet- maybe that explains the hired gun mention beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2004, 07:36:08 PM »

Damn, you are so brave ! You are THE man Nesquick !  hihi

You're banned.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: