Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Elton John mentions mad uncle AXL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elton John mentions mad uncle AXL  (Read 5822 times)
In a coma
Rocker

« on: December 20, 2004, 07:05:23 PM »

In the latest copy of the NME

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 07:09:27 PM »

what did he say

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 07:11:24 PM »

In the latest copy of NME UK. They are getting certain people to review the year. Elton is one of these people and interestingly enough mentions AXL. In a question that relates to drugs in music Elton(talking about Pete Doherty says and I am paraphrasing as I don't have the article in front of me and am doing this from memory.... "You can either handle it or disapear for 14 years like AXL ROSE". Ok he may not have said fourteen years but he certainly said disapear like Axl rose.
I thought they were friends,after the VMAS.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 07:15:30 PM »

In the latest copy of NME UK. They are getting certain people to review the year. Elton is one of these people and interestingly enough mentions AXL. In a question that relates to drugs in music Elton(talking about Pete Doherty says and I am paraphrasing as I don't have the article in front of me and am doing this from memory.... "You can either handle it or disapear for 14 years like AXL ROSE". Ok he may not have said fourteen years but he certainly said disapear like Axl rose.
That was 1992, Axl was friends with alot of people then who he isn't now...like...er..Slash, Duff etc.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 07:19:17 PM »

well ok, where is the negative comment about Axl?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:25:12 PM »

Where did anybody say there was one?
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 11:24:26 PM »

I think Elton has his facts kinda wrong. Even the other band members have been quoted saying Axl has never been addicted to heavy drugs.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 11:38:01 PM »

Where did anybody say there was one?

well with someone stating "i thought they were friends", one could conclude that a negative statement had been made.
However, there is nothing negative about this

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Gordi
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 12:55:44 AM »

Well you know, I do remember an interview with Axl a while back, he mentioned that he used to be addicted to heroin, he would give it up on friday, withdraw during the weekend then be fine by monday for a record company meeting, something like that anyway. The article is here on this site somewhere.

Was a long time ago though, I think ol' Elton is being a little too over the top, aah well.
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 07:52:21 AM »

Its always been my understanding that Axl was never much into drugs.  I mean if you go back to the LA gigs in 1989 when he did the infamous rant about the other guys in the band "dancing with mr brownstone" it's pretty obvious he's not doing drugs himself then.  I remember a recent quote from Slash, when asked about drug addictions within GNR, saying something along the lines of "the only thing Axl was ever addicted to was Cigarettes".

I think Eltons a bit confused.
takeshi
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 08:48:14 AM »

Just because two people perform together doesn't make them friends.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 10:04:20 AM »

well they have been friends in the past, i was pretty sure elton john also helped with you could be mine.  also, axl was definitely on drugs at the 88 ritz show.  he has admitted to being on drugs before, he just wasn't as bad as the rest of the band.  but by no means does that mean he didn't do them at all.

Mike
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 12:35:50 PM »

He was sure into drugs.  That was his life style in the 80s.  I think he gave the hard stuff up in the lates 80s.  Its not like he was addicted enough like Steven Adler who was sucking and fucking guys for drugs throughout the 80s and 90s.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 01:19:34 PM »

I think Eltons a bit confused.
Yeah, I think we confused his comment or coma's post.

Besides We haven?t read the article yet.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 04:52:52 PM »

He was sure into drugs.? That was his life style in the 80s.?

+ it was said that he could not let anything controll him so i don't think he was anywhere near a constant user-

as axl said himeslf, that he spent a week with a girl and they used stuff, and after he didn't

or slash said that even though axl wasn't into drugs, it was always him who jeopordised the band

so, it's probably just tried without makin a habit or use often

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »

Axls' been rumored to use mind altering drugs like Lsd for creative purposes in the past few years. It isnt like hes drug free.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 05:27:39 PM »

Axls' been rumored to use mind altering drugs like Lsd for creative purposes in the past few years. It isnt like hes drug free.

you think? that's very jim  morrisoniish drool

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 07:17:08 PM »

How can you say it isnt like he's drug free when your OPINION is based on RUMOUR. Haven't you learnt anything about rumour's?? hihi

Point is, Elton would have no idea. Seems to me Elton is mouthing off at will about a lot lately which he knows nothing about.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 07:19:47 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 07:29:26 PM »

How can you say it isnt like he's drug free when your OPINION is based on RUMOUR. Haven't you learnt anything about rumour's?? hihi

Point is, Elton would have no idea. Seems to me Elton is mouthing off at will about a lot lately which he knows nothing about.

No, but in articles about the new band it was said Axl uses drugs for creative purposes at the mansion but isnt known to be addicted to anything. I didnt get the rumor from the net.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 08:12:28 PM »

No, but in articles about the new band it was said Axl uses drugs for creative purposes at the mansion but isnt known to be addicted to anything. I didnt get the rumor from the net.

Can you tell us the name of the mag that article was in?? I've typed out dozens of articles in the past two years and don't ever remember reading anything like that.

On topic:? Elton seems to be out of control lately with trashing people.? Maybe he's the one with the drug problem.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: