Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For those that believe in the "3 Album Theory"...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those that believe in the "3 Album Theory"...  (Read 4552 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: December 20, 2004, 08:26:35 AM »

...Do you think it's possible (taking the enormous wait time and false starts this project has gone through into careful concideration) GN'R might release ALL three albums at once (similar to the Illusions)? Could we interpret 'taking the recording to the next level' in this fashion?

Personally, I don't think they will. But I think they've got something up there sleeve to coincide with the release...something we won't expect. I wouldn't be surprised if they DID release all 3 albums at once (if 3 albums exist, that is  Tongue  )

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Lawzy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 08:35:25 AM »

I would love to see 3 at once, but it's more likely like Axl said(if there are 3 albums.) So they can tour without big breaks. So they can really concentrate on touring and promoting GNR. There's a lot of work to be done if this new GNR lineup is to do well.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 08:45:52 AM »

Wow, that would be incredible. I'd have to take at least 3 duvet days off from work. The only downside is that it wouldn't leave much too look forward too.

I don't think that would be likely however, I think we are more likely to get 2 copies of the same album but with diffrent mixes.

Here today...ready to rock
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:50:48 AM »

That would be cool but I dont think we will see 3 albums at once

EEEERRRR Little boy
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 09:01:42 AM »

Would be great, but I doubt it.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:17:02 AM »

This would make no sense commercially. If the impact of the re-emergence of GNR on the world is softer than expected  then the three albums would all go down together and the massive shipping and stocking costs and promotion would not be recouped. However, if Axl comes out the gate with a killer album and it sells say 3-5 million, solid touring should ensure that the proceeding two albums should notch up even greater sales.
You must remember that the world has heard very little in 10 years so you would have to be careful not to swamp the public with music. Give them 13 or so amazing comeback songs to focus on and the world will be back at Axls door. Having 3 new albums to promote would also present live  issues with the band not finding it easy to pick what songs to focus on for maximum crowd pleasure. Interviews would be rambling affairs with some journos focusing on one album and some on others. It would be diffivult to focus with such a huge amount of music to push.  GNR need a new core to rally around and that should be CD. Also, the GNR live pick list would be up to about 250 viable released songs which would be hard for a new band to perform at any given time (knowing Axls no set list policy).
Its a dream for us hardcore fans but not really a viable reality. Still, this is Axls world and 'viable' and 'reasonable' are words he likes to bend right out of shape!!!
Peace,
Intercourse.
SADIS
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 09:22:30 AM »

I don't think that would be likely however, I think we are more likely to get 2 copies of the same album but with diffrent mixes.

I hope that never happens. That sucks bigtime, that's too commercial for me. I know Axl wants his music to sell good, but releasing it in different version's so that more people will like it is not a good thing. Make a version and stick with it.

But maybe they like all the versions they made, I don't know.
fixintodie
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »

It would be great, as people have said, but hugely unlikely. I'd much rather have all 3 at once and let that be it, than go through the whole ChiDem wait two more times...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 09:47:01 AM »

I highly dought it..I mean ya it would be a mark in history (To my knolage it has never been done?)..But i wouldnt like it..It wouldnt give us that excitment of waiting for the next album..And what if it flops...These will proably be the last album you ever see from Axl..I hope not but it probaly will be

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 10:55:20 AM »

This would make no sense commercially. If the impact of the re-emergence of GNR on the world is softer than expected? then the three albums would all go down together and the massive shipping and stocking costs and promotion would not be recouped. However, if Axl comes out the gate with a killer album and it sells say 3-5 million, solid touring should ensure that the proceeding two albums should notch up even greater sales.
You must remember that the world has heard very little in 10 years so you would have to be careful not to swamp the public with music. Give them 13 or so amazing comeback songs to focus on and the world will be back at Axls door. Having 3 new albums to promote would also present live? issues with the band not finding it easy to pick what songs to focus on for maximum crowd pleasure. Interviews would be rambling affairs with some journos focusing on one album and some on others. It would be diffivult to focus with such a huge amount of music to push.? GNR need a new core to rally around and that should be CD. Also, the GNR live pick list would be up to about 250 viable released songs which would be hard for a new band to perform at any given time (knowing Axls no set list policy).
Its a dream for us hardcore fans but not really a viable reality. Still, this is Axls world and 'viable' and 'reasonable' are words he likes to bend right out of shape!!!
Peace,
Intercourse.

Exactly what he said. It just isnt logical after 10 years of virtual silence, no new music, and a botched tour to all of the sudden drop 3 albums on the public. Testing the waters would be the best tactic by releasing the strongest and most influential album in Axl's opinion so that it has the biggest impact on the mondern music landscape and the buying public. If there are in fact 2 other albums ready to go, Id tour a year-year and a half and drop them gradually as long as the tour is properly promoted and selling well. If people think this 3 albums at once idea is best suited, then you need to reevaluate how costly and nerve racking promoting one album alone to the best of your abilities is. I think we'll be lucky to get Chinese Democracy and if there are more albums after that then so be it but I could easily be contented with "Axl's masterpiece" for a very, very long time.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 11:23:53 AM »

Without getting into marketing, or what "usually" happens with an album's release;

GN'R put out 1 CD=people will buy it,  it will be a hit, there is plenty of money being made.

GN'R put 3 cd's out at once=people will buy it, it will be a hit, there is plenty of money being made.

I personally think Axl won't release his new material the "usual" way.
Axl Dropping 3 CD's at once sounds logical to me.
That way he can continuously tour as long as he wants without going back into the studio.
Just a long tour with a lot of short breaks.

On a side note, this whole project delay is a good example of how negativity can keep a good thing buried.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »

...Do you think it's possible (taking the enormous wait time and false starts this project has gone through into careful concideration) GN'R might release ALL three albums at once (similar to the Illusions)?

Absolutely not.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 12:08:02 PM »

I think GnR releasing three albums over an extended period of time was possible given the state of the band in 2002. I think considering the problems that have occured and the backlash against the tour, i wouldn't be surprised if axl began pulling songs set aside for future albums onto CD in order to ensure the quality exceeds expectation.  At this stage, i doubt there is enough material to meet the label's exceptions for a mainstream release.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 12:28:18 PM »

I hope that never happens. That sucks bigtime, that's too commercial for me. I know Axl wants his music to sell good, but releasing it in different version's so that more people will like it is not a good thing. Make a version and stick with it.

well i guess you hate vr that very thing then.  Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 12:33:47 PM »

...Do you think it's possible (taking the enormous wait time and false starts this project has gone through into careful concideration) GN'R might release ALL three albums at once (similar to the Illusions)?

Absolutely not.

I second that, I'm worrying about one right now..
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 12:40:52 PM »

no i don't think it'll happen. axl said in london they'll be released over time. "and when the record company thinks that has run it's course you'll get it all over again. nd by that time i should be done with the third album." or words to that effect.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 02:16:48 PM »

right now, I would take the release of 1 song.   Beggars can't be choosers. 

Free Axl

Ritz Reeves III
SADIS
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 02:32:08 PM »

well i guess you hate vr that very thing then.? Wink

Excuse me........ uhm, what?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 03:01:59 PM »

...Do you think it's possible (taking the enormous wait time and false starts this project has gone through into careful concideration) GN'R might release ALL three albums at once (similar to the Illusions)? Could we interpret 'taking the recording to the next level' in this fashion?

Personally, I don't think they will. But I think they've got something up there sleeve to coincide with the release...something we won't expect. I wouldn't be surprised if they DID release all 3 albums at once (if 3 albums exist, that is  Tongue  )

Possible but not practical. Maybe later, after the first album, the idea would be taken into consideration a good deal.
I?d say releasing three singles at once(with all B-sides or A the same title) might be effective on the threshold?

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 05:32:10 PM »

not at once+it's done b4 (but maybe that don't matter)

I think, as axl said in london, that we get a lot of songs and bonustracks

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: