Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses manager becomes Sanctuary CEO
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses manager becomes Sanctuary CEO  (Read 4743 times)
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« on: December 18, 2004, 04:58:27 PM »

Here's the hitsdailydouble article:

SANCTUARY REORGANIZES, MERCK MERCURIADIS NAMED GROUP CEO? ?

Sanctuary Announces Executive Staff Promotions Worldwide

December 17, 2004

Sanctuary has reorganized its management team, rewarding Merck Mercuriadis for growing the American business to 50% of global revenues by naming him Group CEO.
Sanctuary Group Chairman Andy Taylor made the announcement, along with a number of management changes in support of the long-term strategy of the Group.

In order to continue to meet the challenges of what is now a well-rounded business and continue to grow the Group, the Board has made the following management change, effective immediately:

In his new post, current Sanctuary U.S. CEO Mercuriadis will direct and manage the creative strategy of the Group across its businesses on a global basis. Merck has worked for Sanctuary for 18 years. He relocated from London to New York four years ago to build the North American business and will remain based in the U.S

Taylor will remain as Executive Chairman for the long term and will continue to direct the commercial and financial strategy of the Group alongside Group Finance Director Mike Miller, the main point of contact with the investment community, alongside Director of Corporate and Investor Relations Philip Ranger.

Commenting on the appointment, Taylor stated:: ?Sanctuary?s success has been based on a strategic combination of creative and commercial skills. In the past, Rod Smallwood, my co-founder, managed the creative aspects of the company whilst I looked after the commercial and financial aspects. With Merck?s appointment, we are continuing that successful process.

"Merck is one of the outstanding artist managers and record men of his generation and has a strong track record in strategic management and business growth. His affinity with the artist community makes him an ideal person to drive Sanctuary?s success globally, across all of our businesses. I remain totally committed to the long-term future of Sanctuary and I am very excited about this step. I believe that we have all the pieces in place to see the Sanctuary Group go from strength to strength.?

Mercuriadis has defined the core executive management team and made a number of organizational changes, including:

To read the whole article click here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you think this will impact Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy? What do you think will be some of the outcomes of this decision? As some of you may know, Merck is Guns N' Roses's manager at the moment so him having more control over Sanctuary would only benefit GN'R in the long run, right? Discuss.
Sephiroth Yuppie
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 05:27:11 PM »

I would think it could mean CD is pretty close to being done,since I don't think he would take the job if he still had to help with CD.

Or it could just mean he got tired of waiting for Axl and co to finish CD and he gave up on it when he got this offer.

We will see...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:40:08 PM »

Since Sanctuary is a larger than just Merck, I don't think it affects GnR one way or the other...the COMPANY is still behind promoting the album and band, regardless of who's talking directly to the press, Mysteron could speak more accurately to this, but I always thought there was a management team behind GnR with Merck at the head.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 05:53:30 PM »

Congrats Merck.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:01:15 PM »

Who knows if that'll have any impact on Merck's work with GN'R. The article didn't mention it....

But congrats to Merck. ?ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:03:45 PM »

I would think this is good news. Being that he is CEO of the NA he can now use GNR the way he sees it without any obstacles to overcome within the company.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:09:25 PM »

Maybe it could be a great thing for the promotion  of "chinese democracy" in the futur. By beeing the big-boss, He will be able to put tons of money to promote the album especially if he is the manager. Now the manager of GN'R is also the big boss of Sanctuary... interesting  Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 07:33:48 PM »

or he may not have time to manage them anymore and pass the band to someone else withing the company, or share duties with someone else.  hopefully it does help gnr though, and congrats to merck.

Mike

Mike
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 07:56:31 PM »

Congratulations Merck!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 07:59:57 PM »

This can only be excellent news for Axl/GnR. Number one, it means the band has a really talented businessman in charge of their affairs. You don't get a position like that by accident. Number two, it's good to have the lead man in the band's organization be the lead man of the overall management organization. I like this a lot.

I've seen enough.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 08:05:11 PM »

and a new era in sanctuary is started, maybe a gnr production to start it up  beer

gotta love sum changes beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 08:17:02 PM »

Quote Merck

'The music business has been transformed over the last 5 years with the emphasis
for its future now fully on the artist. Sanctuary has been at the forefront of
these dramatic changes ensuring that our artists and our initiatives in every
aspect of this business are well positioned for long-term success.

Sounds good!

Here today...ready to rock
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 03:40:15 AM »

Well, now that Merck's going to be pulling in even more money, he should donate some to Axl's CD.  Let's get the show (GN'R) on the road, and put this CD out.  Sanctuary will love you even more once that's accomplished.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 05:12:28 AM »

congrats to merck, hopefully this turns into a positive for GNR come promotion time

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 06:07:54 AM »

OK this will sort the men out from the boys...

Would YOU buy Sanctuary stock based on the GNR's possible contribution in the next year?

I dunno why but I wouldn't put it past Merck to make an announcement to coincide with the annual report being released (which I expect will be Jan/Feb given the interim was in June). Looks good on him!

Here today...ready to rock
takeshi
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 09:36:23 AM »

I don't see any prospect of GN'R getting any special treatment.  This guy has advanced through the company by growing their profits and if he's going to maintain his new position he will have to continue to make money for the company.  I don't see decisions relating to GN'R being made with anything other than the "bottom line" being taken into consideration.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 12:01:53 PM »

Right, but don't you think that it's a good recommendation for Guns that someone that someone as skilled as Merck has already chosen to associate with them? That's what I like. I mean, they don't have Zippy the Clown managing them, which is worth considering because a lot of people do in fact think Axl and his new GNR are a joke. But this guy Merck is very close to the situation, and he knows his shit, and he is with them, and has stayed with them, through some crazy times.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:04:48 PM by Johnnyblood » Logged

I've seen enough.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 12:38:21 PM »

Don?t no but I suppose that can?t be a bad thing for GNR. We will see.

Yay. Anyway,

CongratU, Mr Mercuriadis.  beer
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 12:54:55 PM »

Would YOU buy Sanctuary stock based on the GNR's possible contribution in the next year?

Financially, they are almost not worth the hassle to the company. The company would make more money on a new band selling 2 million albums that cost nothing to make, then they will with GNR selling the 5-6 million albums worldwide given the overhead involved with the project, not to mention the tremendous marketing and promotion costs they will no doubt incur when it comes out because for almost 15 million, you better make sure people know its out there.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 02:25:24 PM »

He's done such good work with GNR he's been promoted....

rofl rofl rofl

Well, congratulations to him.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: