Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did Izzy write with Axl and Duff in 1995???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Izzy write with Axl and Duff in 1995???  (Read 14196 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2004, 03:00:53 PM »

You know, there are bootlegs
So your going to base Paul on a couple of bootlegs from back in RIo and vegas?

How would you know what he can bring to the table if you dont have an album or atleast a song to base him on.

If I go by you... I can say Robin is a great guitar player because I think he plays great on the bootlegs.

On the other hand Slash and Matt didn't have a high opinion on his skills.
Yes, thats why the ever so great Dave Kushner is playing right next to them. Shows they have the nack of picking a diamond in the dirt as my man fity says...

Paul just not talented
More than liekly he wasnt even going to be in the band

You don't remember, don't you? Then do a search
nope....and nope...you brought it up so provide the quote
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 04:11:40 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 04:01:05 PM »

GNR was hopeless in the mid-90s. Axl definately wasnt contributing anything, so its another good reason Slash decided to leave, even if he wasnt fired. Axl wasnt doing shit.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2004, 04:20:40 PM »

You know, there are bootlegs
So your going to base Paul on a couple of bootlegs from back in RIo and vegas?

How would you know what he can bring to the table if you dont have an album or atleast a song to base him on.

If I go by you... I can say Robin is a great guitar player because I think he plays great on the bootlegs.

On the other hand Slash and Matt didn't have a high opinion on his skills.
Yes, thats why the ever so great Dave Kushner is playing right next to them. Shows they have the nack of picking a diamond in the dirt as my man fity says...

Paul just not talented
More than liekly he wasnt even going to be in the band

You don't remember, don't you? Then do a search
nope....and nope...you brought it up so provide the quote

It went reall offtopic, but... Paul isn't talented at all, and yes, his live playin' tells everything. Dave Kushner is so much better. Do you play guitar? He's technically better than Huge or Finck, whose live playin' also horrible.

I won't do a search for you just because you are a young gunner and haven't read enough articles. But it was mentioned for a lot of times on even this board, so... but just for you:

Matt Sorum found him playing with Cirque Du Soleil. "I told Axl to see him and he said, 'That's our guitar player,"' says Sorum. "I said, 'Bring in Robin to play alongside Slash,' but Axl said, 'I want him to play lead."'

Just A Little Patience
Spin, July 1999

/jarmo

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2004, 05:42:50 PM »

Slash, Duff and Matt chose Scott Weiland and Dave Kushner to play in their new band. That about says it all...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2004, 08:50:01 PM »

He's technically better than Huge or Finck, whose live playin' also horrible
yea ok...

I won't do a search for you just because you are a young gunner and haven't read enough articles
actually ive probably read every article that can be found on the internet

but Axl said, 'I want him to play lead."'
Now where in that statement does Sorum say Axl wants Finck to play lead over Slash?
Do you honestly think Axl wanted Slash to play rhythm or something? Axl wanted duel guitar players. not 1.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
darkmonth
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2004, 08:20:31 AM »

Have you all forgotten that not only did Paul play on Sympathy for The Devil, but also live for the tour, and ALSO, on OH MY GOD!

So yes Young Gunner.  There is plenty of material to listen to his playing.  That said, I don't think he's as bad as some people make out.

And I do play guitar.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 08:47:29 AM »

Have you all forgotten that not only did Paul play on Sympathy for The Devil, but also live for the tour, and ALSO, on OH MY GOD!

So yes Young Gunner.? There is plenty of material to listen to his playing.

Two bootlegs (only two are available) and two songs is plenty of material?

He didn't play on any tour. He played at the three Las Vegas shows and RIR3.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Surge
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 12:27:52 PM »

this is full of crap... Not everyone opposed Tobias - Axl and Dizzy didn't, and to my knowledge Duff didn't say he was bad for the band, he only said the way he was brought in was wrong. It turns into a real old Axl vs everyone topic, but it goes all wrong there when people forget that it was Gilby, Matt and Slash writing the Snakepit album that caused a split in the band. Duff, Dizzy and Axl did not want to release that under the name GnR, so we're talking about a 3 vs 3 split. Gilby even stated this and others has indicated it several times. By choosing Slash, Axl would've had to choose It's Five O' Clock Somewhere. By choosing Paul, he could move forward. And yeah, Paul Tobias wrote "Back Off Bitch". It's better than anything on the Snakepit album! Izzy wasn't possible to choose since Izzy didn't want to deal with it (enough). Izzy could've contributed some, but obviously Axl didn't wanna count on someone he knew could leave if he found something better to do. That's some of Izzy's charm, but at the same time it doesn't make it easy. I know Izzy and Duff recorded music in 95/96 for Izzy's "117 degrees" in 95 or 96, and I've also heard Axl and Izzy wrote for GnR. That may be true.

And I don't call Axl "William Bailey" since he doesn't like it so then it's not right to call Paul "Paul Huge" when he doesn't like that name either! It's about paying the respect for that guy!

"I'm more interested in having the music talk first, then I'll say what happened later."
Axl
darkmonth
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 12:31:09 PM »

So yes Young Gunner.? There is plenty of material to listen to his playing.

Two bootlegs (only two are available) and two songs is plenty of material?

He didn't play on any tour. He played at the three Las Vegas shows and RIR3.

/jarmo

Yes, two full songs, is plenty of material to judge someone.  And 4 shows.  Fine... plenty.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 02:12:50 PM »

Yes, two full songs, is plenty of material to judge someone.  And 4 shows.  Fine... plenty.
Again, Tobias was more than likely never going to be in the band.

You talk about this eye for talent that Sorum and Slash posses....Mr Dave Kushner everybody

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 03:24:08 PM »

You talk about this eye for talent that Sorum and Slash posses....Mr Dave Kushner everybody

Whats are you saying?  Dave Kushner isnt talented?  And if so, what do you base this on?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 04:25:56 PM »

Whats are you saying?  Dave Kushner isnt talented?  And if so, what do you base this on?
Im saying that some1 previously said that Tobias is no good because Slash and Sorum didnt approve of him. SO I look at what they approve of and its nothing special either.

I have a whole album to judge Kushner on. I have shows to watch Kushner. Hes an ok player on CB and has no stage presence.

SADIS
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 04:29:12 PM »

Wow, it's really amazing to see how the Israel/Palestina conflict started.....

C'mon guys, neither of you were there and people have a different taste. You can go on like this forever but no one will ever be right. Give it up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 04:34:17 PM »

Presence and talent are two different thingsm but I disagree anyway.

(Watches "Set Me Free" from Weenie Roast)

Yeah man, he sucks. ok

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 05:46:48 PM »

this is full of crap... Not everyone opposed Tobias - Axl and Dizzy didn't, and to my knowledge Duff didn't say he was bad for the band, he only said the way he was brought in was wrong. It turns into a real old Axl vs everyone topic, but it goes all wrong there when people forget that it was Gilby, Matt and Slash writing the Snakepit album that caused a split in the band. Duff, Dizzy and Axl did not want to release that under the name GnR, so we're talking about a 3 vs 3 split. Gilby even stated this and others has indicated it several times. By choosing Slash, Axl would've had to choose It's Five O' Clock Somewhere. By choosing Paul, he could move forward. And yeah, Paul Tobias wrote "Back Off Bitch". It's better than anything on the Snakepit album! Izzy wasn't possible to choose since Izzy didn't want to deal with it (enough). Izzy could've contributed some, but obviously Axl didn't wanna count on someone he knew could leave if he found something better to do. That's some of Izzy's charm, but at the same time it doesn't make it easy. I know Izzy and Duff recorded music in 95/96 for Izzy's "117 degrees" in 95 or 96, and I've also heard Axl and Izzy wrote for GnR. That may be true. And I don't call Axl "William Bailey" since he doesn't like it so then it's not right to call Paul "Paul Huge" when he doesn't like that name either! It's about paying the respect for that guy!"I'm more interested in having the music talk first, then I'll say what happened later."

Wasnt Back Off Bitch written in the early days..I seem to recall seeing it on the set-list of the inside cover of the Hollywood Rose album..I could be wrong but i remember this for some reason

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2004, 08:47:32 PM »

why the hell do you guys talk piss about Kushner when you clearly don't know much about technical aspects in guitarplaying?
first of all, both Dave Navarro and Slash would not have chosen him if he wasn't any better than ok.
second, I have seen him live and he kicked ass, both presence and playing. much more solid than Robin Finck, won't say he's better, but more stabile and less sloppy. and he's a helluva lot better than Paul!!
Id say he's about the same level player as Richard Fortus, pure professional players, Finck rides a lot on a certain style while Fortus and Kushner are more allround.
(and yes, I play guitar plus several other instruments..)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:01:48 PM by Shannon Frusciante » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 11:08:34 PM »

Fortus and Kushner are more allround.
(and yes, I play guitar plus several other instruments..)

wow, i like richards rythhm section and the solo's (especially rocket queen), his good,
he's seems like a really good standard player, with the lack of a better word, and reminds me of what i hear from educated guitarist, profesional you know, but not a guitargod- can't wait 2 hear cd

and buckethead knows both skill and melody

i guess izzy is anywhere and everywhere when it comes to work
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:12:46 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2004, 11:14:13 PM »

in a pure technical sense, Buckethead is waay beyond most other guitarplayers out there.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2004, 11:16:08 PM »

in a pure technical sense, Buckethead is waay beyond most other guitarplayers out there.

god that guy knows how to play

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2004, 11:22:20 PM »

god that guy knows how to play

yep, insane shredding genious. he's not like other guys that are pure shredders though, there's more to his playing, know wha I mean? Cheesy ok

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: