Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did Izzy write with Axl and Duff in 1995???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Izzy write with Axl and Duff in 1995???  (Read 14197 times)
anythinggoes
« on: December 16, 2004, 07:03:37 AM »

It seems that the Ju Ju Hounds have unfortunately disbanded while recording their second album. Izzy has been spotted playing with fellow Gunners Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum and an all-star band at the opening show of The Joint in Las Vegas in Spring '95, and appeared at the encore of the Slash's Snakepit show in Chicago to play the Stones' "Bitch". He also wrote some new material with Axl and Duff for a new Guns N' Roses album, but no confirmation has been made whether he was back in the band or not.

Just found this on the internet can anybody shed any light on this as to whether its true or not.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 07:17:28 AM »

It seems that the Ju Ju Hounds have unfortunately disbanded while recording their second album. Izzy has been spotted playing with fellow Gunners Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum and an all-star band at the opening show of The Joint in Las Vegas in Spring '95, and appeared at the encore of the Slash's Snakepit show in Chicago to play the Stones' "Bitch". He also wrote some new material with Axl and Duff for a new Guns N' Roses album, but no confirmation has been made whether he was back in the band or not.

Just found this on the internet can anybody shed any light on this as to whether its true or not.

I read an interview in Metal Hammer in late 1995 in which Slash talked about the state of GN'R. He said that they had 2 candidates for the position of the second guitarist but since they didn't wanna be 'Ozzy N' Roses', they'd choose Izzy over Zakk Wylde and they'd stick for these 'Stones-style' rock. Well, Axl chose Paul Ono.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 07:19:02 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:40:03 AM »

So id be right in saying this was all before Sympathy For The Devil was recorded?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 07:44:48 AM »

So id be right in saying this was all before Sympathy For The Devil was recorded?

No, it was after. The whole band wanted Huge to go and they tried out different guitarists. (That's why Matt later recommended Finck.) It seems that even Axl was a partner in this, because he liked the idea of having two of the greatest guitarists in his band (Slash N' Zakk). But it didn't work, then Izzy came into the picture, then Finck. And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.  Cry

Rollin' on the streets
anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 07:58:01 AM »

Slash 95

How much work towards the next Guns album did you expect the rest of the band to have done when you finished the Snakepit tour?
"When I left town, Axl and Matt and Duff and I had worked on new material. I hadn't heard Axl sing anything, but he was there while we were fucking around jamming.
"And we tried out different guitar players, did that whole bullshit thing with Zakk (Wylde)... Just to get that story straight, it's nothing against Zakk, it was just not the right... I love jamming with Zakk on his own, as a separate entity, but in Guns N' Roses it doesn't sound right.
"Anyway, they were supposed to keep working while I was gone. That's why Matt didn't come on tour with us, because he was supposed to help keep that foundation for them to jam. Well they only jammed like twice since I was gone, so no one had really been doing anything."
There have been rumours about Izzy writing for the next Guns album, leading to further rumours and speculation that he's going to re-join the band. How much truth is involved there, and how do you get on with Izzy these days?
"Izzy jammed with Snakepit in Chicago, and we did a Stones song, and it was great to see him. But Izzy quit Guns because of the same bullshit that sort of forced me to take off for a while.
"He's been writing; he wrote some stuff with Duff. He wants to write songs, but he doesn't wanna deal with the whole thing. And it took me a while to finally get to the point where I couldn't handle it either, y'know?
"He wants to write material, but he's not really sure what he wants to do. He's so laid back. He doesn't want to deal any pressure. Izzy does what he wants to do.
"As much as has gone on, and as much as I resent Izzy for quitting and all that, and leaving me in weird spots where I had to find a replacement weeks before the next leg of a tour, or if he didn't play on the "Use Your Illusion" records - which is for the most part true - looking back on it, Izzy's Izzy."
What do you mean he didn't play on "...Illusion" albums?!
"I had to double guitars up for him on most of it. He didn't play very much."
Have any songs actually been written for the next GN'R album?
"Yeah! We've got tapes of what Axl considers great songs, which from my point of view is just me playing the guitar! I haven't heard any lyrics or any vocals, so I don't know what a song is until then. You know what I mean?"

i think it would have been cool to have Zakk in the band but it interesting to think that Izzy may have been considering going back to GNR
estranged.1098
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 08:10:34 AM »

And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.  Cry

Slash left Guns because Slash chose to, not Axl.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 08:46:29 AM »

And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.? Cry

Sure, don't see why he had to put up with Axl's bullshit

Fuck 'Em All.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 08:48:05 AM »

And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.? Cry

Slash gave an ultimatum: him or Huge. Axl chose Huge. Slash left.

Rollin' on the streets
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 09:04:26 AM »

Sure, don't see why he had to put up with Axl's bullshit
So, explain me how you see yourself why you have to put up with "Axl?s" bullshit you mentioned, I mean, to come here?
I don?t see why you have to.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 09:40:38 AM »

I don't think so

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 12:37:02 PM »

I don't think so

Me neither. Maybe Axl chose "both". And Slash: "fuck you". I don't buy this "Axl fired everybody to stick with Huge" thing.  no

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

Slash was forced to leave because the options that where chosen wherent of his liking, I cant believe people still dont understand this. Yes he left on his own choice but he had no option regarding his point of view. AGH I HATE PETS!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 02:05:18 PM »

Again, maybe you'll understand it now. Axl wanted his own Paul to be in the band. The others didn't want Paul, Slash hated him from the first time. Slash said he didn't want to work with Huge/Tobias, but Axl wanted Paul's contribution. Then Slash told Axl that he wouldn't play with Paul, so Axl had to choose: if he sticks with Paul then Slash will quit. Axl chose Paul. Slash quit. He wasn't forced to quit, but Axl did everything he could have done to rid of Slash. That's it. You can't be serious thinking that not the lead guitarists words count the most when it's about who'll be the second guitarist. I really understand slash's decision although it must have been really fuckin' hard for him.

Rollin' on the streets
estranged.1098
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 02:08:03 PM »

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! rant
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 02:14:35 PM »

I'm afraid you have no idea. Let's read some GN'R articles and interviews.  ok

Rollin' on the streets
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 02:28:26 PM »

Well, Axl chose Paul Ono.
Last time I checked, in fact everytime I checked Paul was never in the band....

And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.
Really?

Paul was one of the best people we knew who was both available and capable of complimenting Slash?s style.But Paul was only interested in complimenting Slash, laying down a foundation of a riff or something. That would accent or encourage slash's lead playing. Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn?t an actual consideration at the time.

But it didn't work, then Izzy came into the picture, then Finck
Do you know who brought the birdman into the picture?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2004, 02:37:57 PM »

Well, Axl chose Paul Ono.
Last time I checked, in fact everytime I checked Paul was never in the band....

And when Slash gave an ultimatum to Axl to choose between him and Huge, Axl chose Huge.
Really?

Paul was one of the best people we knew who was both available and capable of complimenting Slash?s style.But Paul was only interested in complimenting Slash, laying down a foundation of a riff or something. That would accent or encourage slash's lead playing. Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn?t an actual consideration at the time.

But it didn't work, then Izzy came into the picture, then Finck
Do you know who brought the birdman into the picture?

Surely Paul was never in the band. Surely. He was only always around as an evil spirit. And his guitar playing sucks, everyone who has ever played guitar can tell it.

The whole band wanted Huge to go and they tried out different guitarists. (That's why Matt later recommended Finck.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 02:39:43 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

Rollin' on the streets
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2004, 02:46:58 PM »

He was only always around as an evil spirit.
But...it is writen if the Evil Spirit Arms the Tiger with claws Brahman provided wings for the Dove Thus spake the Super Guru" * "Did you hear that"

And his guitar playing sucks, everyone who has ever played guitar can tell it.
do you have a song or album I can base that critisim on?

The whole band wanted Huge to go and they tried out different guitarists. (That's why Matt later recommended Finck.)
who said that?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2004, 02:51:59 PM »

[
And his guitar playing sucks, everyone who has ever played guitar can tell it.
do you have a song or album I can base that critisim on?

His guitar playing. You know, there are bootlegs. He plays with as much mistakes as a beginner. He was horrible. On the other hand Slash and Matt didn't have a high opinion on his skills. They were right, Paul just not talented. Oh, I almost forgot to add his contribution to Sympathy. Really lame guitar playing.

[
who said that?

You don't remember, don't you? Then do a search  ok

Rollin' on the streets
estranged.1098
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2004, 02:59:21 PM »

I'm afraid you have no idea. Let's read some GN'R articles and interviews.  ok

Perhaps it is you who should read interviews by Slash and Axl on this issue, and articles released at the time Slash quit the band.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: