Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr  (Read 16422 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« on: November 24, 2004, 04:35:59 AM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sorum%20quit%20gn.r%20over%20axl%20arrogance

SORUM QUIT GN'R OVER AXL ARROGANCE   

Drummer MATT SORUM was fired from rock group GUNS N' ROSES when he objected to AXL ROSE's declaration that he was the only vital member of the band.

Sorum, now playing in supergroup VELVET REVOLVER, first flew into a rage after hearing guitarist PAUL HUGE slam former Guns guitarist SLASH.

He then went on to leave the WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE band after falling out with Rose over his arrogant belief the group only needed him.

Sorum says, "I said (to Huge), 'Listen motherf**ker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't f**king say s**t about Slash. He's my friend.'

"Then Axl got in my face. I said, 'Axl, man, you're f**king smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play SWEET CHILD O' MINE with f**king Paul Huge? Sorry dude, it ain't gonna sound right.'

"Axl says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash. I'm Guns N' Roses.' I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't.'

"This bulls**t went on for about another 20 minutes. And then Axl finally said, 'Well, are you gonna f**king quit?' I said, 'I don't f**king quit.'

"So he said, 'Well, then you're f**king fired.' Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'Just come back in and apologise.'

"I said, 'F**k you, YOKO. I'm gone.' And that was it. I went home to my f**king six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators. About a month later I got the letter from the lawyers."

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 04:58:48 AM »

Meh, I could picture it going down like that... Matt's a shit-disturber when it comes to lead singers apparently.  Tongue
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 05:12:08 AM »

Meh, I could picture it going down like that... Matt's a shit-disturber when it comes to lead singers apparently.? Tongue

Matt doesn't take shit from singers you mean, or yoko huge ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
darkmonth
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 07:14:16 AM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/sorum%20quit%20gn.r%20over%20axl%20arrogance

SORUM QUIT GN'R OVER AXL ARROGANCE? ?

Drummer MATT SORUM was fired from rock group GUNS N' ROSES when he objected to AXL ROSE's declaration that he was the only vital member of the band.

Sorum, now playing in supergroup VELVET REVOLVER, first flew into a rage after hearing guitarist PAUL HUGE slam former Guns guitarist SLASH.

He then went on to leave the WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE band after falling out with Rose over his arrogant belief the group only needed him.

Sorum says, "I said (to Huge), 'Listen motherf**ker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't f**king say s**t about Slash. He's my friend.'

"Then Axl got in my face. I said, 'Axl, man, you're f**king smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play SWEET CHILD O' MINE with f**king Paul Huge? Sorry dude, it ain't gonna sound right.'

"Axl says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash. I'm Guns N' Roses.' I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't.'

"This bulls**t went on for about another 20 minutes. And then Axl finally said, 'Well, are you gonna f**king quit?' I said, 'I don't f**king quit.'

"So he said, 'Well, then you're f**king fired.' Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'Just come back in and apologise.'

"I said, 'F**k you, YOKO. I'm gone.' And that was it. I went home to my f**king six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators. About a month later I got the letter from the lawyers."

I never tire of this anecdote... Matt rocks.  Anyone who says otherwise is smokin' crack Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 07:44:35 AM »

I had read that a while back, if it's the way he felt then good for him, it's cool how he stcuk up for slash with paul bashing him,..

The yoko of gnr  rofl

I'm sure both sides have calmed down since, it was just built up shit and frustration I'm sure.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 06:26:41 AM »

I will like to know what was said on the rest of the 20 minutes before i can judge the situation.
Sorum selected only one part of the conversation to make him sound right.
That is bullshit. Give as the whole real conversation to make us Judge.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 07:31:42 AM »

If that's true then I respect Matt more now for doing that than I ever have

That's a hatrick for Doull
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 02:12:16 PM »

this news is sooo old
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »

i always thought axl got way to big for his boots.

html sucks
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »

I will like to know what was said on the rest of the 20 minutes before i can judge the situation.
Sorum selected only one part of the conversation to make him sound right.
That is bullshit. Give as the whole real conversation to make us Judge.

Thats very true

EEEERRRR Little boy
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 06:09:23 PM »

Give as the whole real conversation to make us Judge.

Huh

Like a transcription of an argument from 7 years ago?

Sorum said they argued over whether Axl was solely GNR or not for 20 minutes...

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 12:00:29 AM »

Matt, you're fired! The whole idea that "you're fired" is Donald Trump's saying is bullshit! That's Axl's signature phrase.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 03:46:29 AM »

Matt, you're fired! The whole idea that "you're fired" is Donald Trump's saying is bullshit! That's Axl's signature phrase.

Well I don't see that as an ego trip ...Matt was an hired gunner that could be fired ... Slash wasn't there anymore if he thought the band wasn't GNR anymore without him he should had left ... Slash did it, Duff did it. He's the drummer not the diva...

The force ... the force ...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 06:26:04 AM »

for someone pissed about the keyboards and not wantin to sign up for that he sure fuckin stuck around long enough!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 07:22:29 AM »

matt reminds me of me, but as i'm sure he knows by now, me can be wrong, very very very wrong!!!! Cool

i think it is fucking cool tho how he stuck up for slash and didn't take shit from axl, that takes some balls.  smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 03:40:35 PM »

You can say what you want about Matt, he had integrity to leave becauee a friend was being put down by a band yes man. If any of you have played in a band you'd know that a band member bringing an unwanted outsider or girlfriend into band business (singwriting, gigs etc) because they like them  is a NO NO in music terms.
Matt could have stayed for the easy pay check and said nothing, Slash would have never known what was said about him in that studio. Instead Matt left GnR because he wouldn't let Slash be run down by 'YOKO THE BLOW IN' Huge.
Matt left and did 10 years without a decent gig (bar the Cults quick but ill-fated reunion) just like the others.
That took balls.
'Nuff Said.
Intercourse.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

i hate the way axl says "im guns n roses" he sounds like a evil dictator. axl and his  rant s

html sucks
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 06:13:03 PM »

A very valid arguement on Sorum's side would be that Axl did this without Duff's consent. Duff was still in the band and  has said many times that he wished Axl had consolidated him b/f firing Matt, that in my book proves Matt's point. Axl thought, and still thinks' he is G n' R. 

I think that to this day Matt is still hurt by this and other things Axl has done to him. Cutting his loyalties, listing him as an " Additional Musican", ect.  I honestly thing that's why Matt trashes Axl. He says things he knows will offend Axl. 

I personally think it's time fro Matt to grow up, drop the groupies and let the past be the past.

Later,

Blair

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 06:14:04 AM »

1. Axl may not have been GNR, but he was without a doubt the most vital part of it.

2. Matt is an albatross. Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 10:56:43 AM »

yeah, Axl's probably said it more times than Trump. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: