Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:51:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr  (Read 15239 times)
badapple81
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2004, 05:48:06 PM »

I think Axl needs other persons that "yes men" around him. He needs people to tell him the truth and stop sucking his dick just because he is Mister Rose himself. and that's what Matt did and that was great. Maybe he should have punched him, sometimes it can have good effects. Beeing a celebrity doesn't allow you to make everything you want and ternish the name of one of the greatest Rock band ever toward those who make you become famous and win money: THE FANS. Now Axl can release the greatest record of all time if he wants, he can write plenty of "november rain" or "estranged", the fact is that it will never be a Guns n' Roses record. Never ever. Once again it's nt a critic against the new bandmembers (as Brain said himself, only money makes sense to him, he doesn't give a flying shit about Guns n' Roses, money money money, he should have played in ABBA), but against Axl. He is not Guns n' Roses. Not alone. Guns n' Roses is a band. Not an individual runaway ego.

Well it is, so get used to it. You sound like a fucking broken record  rant

Remember people, there are TWO sides to every story  yes
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »

Who cares about the old times? I?m lookin forward to a new GnR record. If Matt & Co think they still have to cry about the past...ok
With all this silence about Axl, I?m really happy that he doesn?t talk that much BS.

:-)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2004, 05:55:47 PM »

I do like the fact that Matt stuck up for Slash. ?Honestly though, Matt can suck my dick! ?I never have liked that guy.

And I'm so spent on all these "so and so is GNR" talks. ?Give it up already. ?In twenty years weather Axl puts out an album or not. ?People are going to remember GNR for their music. ?In twenty years, people's favorite GNR tunes may include a few tracks off of Appetite, one or two from Lies, a few from the Illusions and a few from Chinese Democracy, and any other albums that are put out. ?It's not going to matter who was in the band at that time. ?Good music says it all. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2004, 05:56:47 PM »

Who cares about the old times? I?m lookin forward to a new GnR record. If Matt & Co think they still have to cry about the past...ok
With all this silence about Axl, I?m really happy that he doesn?t talk that much BS.
I too... Grin

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
takeshi
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2004, 05:57:18 PM »

I remember seeing an interview with matt where he said that it wouldn't be the same seeing someone else playing drums while GN'R played SCOM. ?I thought that he specifically mentioned SCOM was rather bizarre since he wasn't in the bad when they recorded that song. ?The he talks about his rock star mansion but in another interview he said that he needed VR to start touring because he had no money. ?He is so profoundly full of crap it's hard to believe.

To sum it all up, matt scrotum is an assclown. ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2004, 06:23:30 PM »

The he talks about his rock star mansion but in another interview he said that he needed VR to start touring because he had no money. ?He is so profoundly full of crap it's hard to believe.

The story about the mansion takes place around 1997 (thats 6 years before VR, in case you need further claification).  And I dont recall him saying he had "no money," so feel free to post that quote up.  I read an interview where he said hes a working musician, he didnt want the new band to just be a hobby and wanted to get out there quickly.  It didnt translate as "no money" to me...and nowhere did he talk about losing his mansion.  But in the chance that he did, remember, 1997, 2003 - two different time periods. ok
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2004, 06:52:09 PM »

That's a pretty funny exchange actually.  If Paul was really saying bad things about Slash, I would have done the same thing.  As much as I like Matt, he does many times show "how good he is," like mentioning his rock-star mansion and always trying to one-up everyone.  But he's a great drummer and a pretty nice guy for the most part.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »

Yeah , ok Mr. Matt Sorum.
I'm sure that's exactly what you said.

If there is another drummer who plays primarily for booze, chicks and money.........

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2004, 07:02:19 PM »

That's a pretty funny exchange actually.? If Paul was really saying bad things about Slash, I would have done the same thing.? As much as I like Matt, he does many times show "how good he is," like mentioning his rock-star mansion and always trying to one-up everyone.? But he's a great drummer and a pretty nice guy for the most part.
+1
Paul Huge...ahhh paul huge tobias.... I have always had a bad feeling about him. a sort of mini-mafia in the GN'R camp. the guy who would have loved to fill slash's shoes and be famous but whithout 1/10 of Slash's talent.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:04:30 PM by nesquick » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2004, 07:12:59 PM »

This has been posted before (matt n axl story..)

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16886.0
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:16:50 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2004, 07:18:11 PM »

This has been posted before (matt n axl story..)

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16886.0

I had the same feeling and even remembered to some sentences...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2004, 07:19:38 PM »

1995/1996 were very dark years in GN'R history... I remember internet didn't exist at the time so it was hard to get info, but I knew there were lots of troubles. To tell you the truth, I though it was totally over and forever.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2004, 07:22:21 PM »

1995/1996 were very dark years in GN'R history... I remember internet didn't exist at the time so it was hard to get info, but I knew there were lots of troubles.

Weird, I started the site in October 1996. Maybe I created the Internet....  hihi

Topics merged.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2004, 07:47:40 PM »

in 1996 I didn't know what "internet" was like? hihi
I had internet in 1997 I think. I suppose there weren't lots if visits in 1996 no? Do you remember how many people visited your website by day in 1996? However I remember the very begining of gnrfrance, there were really very few people visiting the website at the begining, and the URL was like gunsfrance.ifrance.com or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:49:35 PM by nesquick » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2004, 07:51:20 PM »

in 1996 I didn't know what "internet" was like? hihi
I had internet in 1997 I think. I suppose there weren't lots if visits in 1996 no? Do you remember how many people visited your website by day in 1996? However I remember the very begining of gnrfrance, there were really very few people visiting the website at the begining, and the URL was like gunsfrance.ifrance.com or something like that.

In 1997 everyone had websites like www.geocities.com/20453/sunsetstrip/4434/index.html  hihi
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2004, 08:02:08 PM »

i am very disappointed how quick some of you are willing to accept the word of Matt irregardless of what the truth may be.

Wow, Sorum's story is as self serving and egotisitical as some of you accuse axl to be.

Before you exalt Mr. Sorum for sustaining the moral high ground and backing up his friends, perhaps you should hear both sides of the debacle. From what i remember, Axl said that Matt went in with the attitude that he wanted to get fired, that he was looking for a fight. There is probably alot more to this than Mr. Sorum's account. Take it for what it's worth.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2004, 04:00:05 AM »

1995/1996 were very dark years in GN'R history... I remember internet didn't exist at the time so it was hard to get info, but I knew there were lots of troubles. To tell you the truth, I though it was totally over and forever.

Don't you mean 1994-2004 were/are dark years in GN'R history  ... hard to get info, members comming and going, CD nowhere in sight...  Tongue

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Chrill
Opening Act

You're fucking crazy

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2004, 08:26:34 AM »

I think we got internet around 91 in sweden...  Roll Eyes
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2004, 12:43:33 PM »

That's a pretty funny exchange actually.  If Paul was really saying bad things about Slash, I would have done the same thing.  As much as I like Matt, he does many times show "how good he is," like mentioning his rock-star mansion and always trying to one-up everyone.  But he's a great drummer and a pretty nice guy for the most part.
+1
Paul Huge...ahhh paul huge tobias.... I have always had a bad feeling about him. a sort of mini-mafia in the GN'R camp. the guy who would have loved to fill slash's shoes and be famous but whithout 1/10 of Slash's talent.

Face it, Paul Huge is just more talented than Slash. End of story.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2004, 09:13:08 PM »

That's a pretty funny exchange actually.? If Paul was really saying bad things about Slash, I would have done the same thing.? As much as I like Matt, he does many times show "how good he is," like mentioning his rock-star mansion and always trying to one-up everyone.? But he's a great drummer and a pretty nice guy for the most part.
+1

Face it, Paul Huge is just more talented than Slash. End of story.

err.... what? I don't think so, it's hard to make a judgement based soley on Sympathy for the Devil and some boots, but Slash is in a league that very few can lay claim to - legendary guitar heroes ie: Page, Angus Young, Hendrix, Van Halen etc...
Huge appears to be a "yes-man" that Axl wanted and considering the other members wanted nothing to do with the guy, Im prepared to believe Slash, Matt etc.. on this one

However, your post was probably a joke anyway right?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: