Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum mention regarding being fired from gnr  (Read 15240 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 11:08:36 AM »

when I think of most vital I think of Axl & Slash. The two who everyone knows about. Axl has the signature voice but Slash has the signature guitar sound.  Izzy and Duff are pretty vital too but not to the general public. who don't even know who they are.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »

i hate the way axl says "im guns n roses" he sounds like a evil dictator
When have you heard Axl say that himself?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 01:18:37 PM »

the interview, i was quoting from the interview!            no

html sucks
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 08:15:53 AM »

1. Axl may not have been GNR, but he was without a doubt the most vital part of it.

That doesn't mean he was the ONLY vital part of it - like Top-Hatted One said, Axl and Slash are almost neck and neck.  At any rate, it doesn't give Axl the right to say "I'm Guns N' Roses".  To me, Guns N' Roses were always like a gang, and when one guy starts to think it's all him, that just rampant egomania.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 08:48:12 AM »

What you obviously are forgetting is the fact that Slash quit Gn'R on his own. Wether or not Axl is Gn'R was irrelevant in that discussion. What did Matt wan't Axl to do? Beg Slash to come back? Well Slash wouldn't have come back unless Axl had changed his opinions on the musical direction, and that is just as stupid as claiming that you're a band on your own.

And before you start slamming Axl for his comments you should read some basic psychology and find the real meaning behind them.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 09:36:42 AM »

Matt Sorum found him playing with Cirque Du Soleil. "I told Axl to see him and he said, 'That's our guitar player,"' says Sorum. "I said, 'Bring in Robin to play alongside Slash,' but Axl said, 'I want him to play lead."'

Just A Little Patience
Spin, July 1999

Matt's complaint is that GN'R needs Slash and Paul couldn't replace him. Obviously it seems like Axl wasn't going to replace Slash with Paul.

Slash quit around 1995 or so (it was made official in 1996), Matt stayed around until 1997 (I think).

If he thought they couldn't continue without Slash, why did he stay?

I would've liked if the interviewer had asked him: "Well, why didn't you quit the day Slash left?".....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged.1098
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 11:10:25 AM »

I'm sorry, but I believe Chinese Democracy will be released in the next ten minutes more than I believe in this interview.

And by the way, why is this in the Velvet Revolver section?  Roll Eyes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 12:01:28 PM »

I'm sorry, but I believe Chinese Democracy will be released in the next ten minutes more than I believe in this interview.

Any reason why?
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 01:55:13 PM »

And by the way, why is this in the Velvet Revolver section?? Roll Eyes

Think real hard about what band Matt Sorum is in right now.
estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 06:20:28 PM »

And by the way, why is this in the Velvet Revolver section?  Roll Eyes

Think real hard about what band Matt Sorum is in right now.

Read real hard my post again.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 06:24:14 PM »

"I said, 'F**k you, YOKO."

haha
POLY
Opening Act

Gunner Argentino.

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2004, 04:36:11 PM »

Article name: The Boys are Back in Town

Matt Sorums departure was less amicable. The drummer, now 44 and drug-free, remebers one night in early 1995 as if it were yesterday. Sorum arived at the Complex studios in Santa Monica to hear Axl talking with Paul Huge, the Guitarist bought in to replace Gilby Clarke (himself Izzy Stradlins replacement). When Sorum heard Huge slating Slash, he snapped.

"I said, Listen motherfucker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't fucking say sh*t about Slash. He's my friend. Then Axl got in my face. I said, Axl, man you're fucking smoking crack if you think this band is GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play Sweet child o' mine with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Axl says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash. I'm Guns N' Roses.' I said You know what? No you aren't. This bullshit went on for another 20 minutes. And then Axl finally said, 'Well are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, I don't fucking quit! So he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.'

"Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said 'Just come back in and apologise!' I said, f*ck you Yoko! I'm gone. I went home to my fucking six level palatial rock star estate with two elevators. About a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.

Font http://www.uzisuicide.com.ar/foros/index.php?showtopic=1041&st=0

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2004, 04:52:04 PM »

As aggravating as Axl's behavior can be, I've never liked Matt Sorum and I'm glad he's not in the band anymore. I like that Matt stuck up for Slash, but then, I'd like to know just what Paul actually said about Slash that pissed Matt off. I wonder if it was a real putdown, or just something like "I wouldn't play it that way [like Slash]." I think it's telling that Scott Weiland isn't getting along with Sorum either. They needed a new drummer in 90, but if I was starting a band today, of the former GNR drummers, I'd take Steven in a heartbeat.

I've seen enough.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2004, 04:53:18 PM »

I can see it now...Axl sitting in the boardroom, doing his best Donald Trump. Matt, You're fucking fired(points with his hand). Classic. rofl

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »

Yeah Ive heard that same story before and it still sounds pretty intense. You definately dont want to piss Axl off, but at the same time I probably would have stuck up for Slash if the situation called for it.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2004, 04:59:27 PM »

at least Matt had the balls to tell Axl the truth. You can love or hate Matt Sorum, but he told Axl the truth.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2004, 05:03:22 PM »

I can see it now...Axl sitting in the boardroom, doing his best Donald Trump. Matt, You're fucking fired(points with his hand). Classic. rofl

Lol that isa classic. rofl rofl

Good on matt for sticking up for Slash, i dont think matt was intimitated by Axl as i think the other other members were. Axl doesn't like anybody thinking anything unless it's what Axl's thinking. I think matt hit a nerve.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2004, 05:07:29 PM »

Well, that?s just Matt?s point of view. but there are always two sides of a medaille. Who knows if this is true?

:-)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2004, 05:21:02 PM »

I think Axl needs other persons that "yes men" around him. He needs people to tell him the truth and stop sucking his dick just because he is Mister Rose himself. and that's what Matt did and that was great. Maybe he should have punched him, sometimes it can have good effects. Beeing a celebrity doesn't allow you to make everything you want and ternish the name of one of the greatest Rock band ever toward those who make you become famous and win money: THE FANS. Now Axl can release the greatest record of all time if he wants, he can write plenty of "november rain" or "estranged", the fact is that it will never be a Guns n' Roses record. Never ever. Once again it's nt a critic against the new bandmembers (as Brain said himself, only money makes sense to him, he doesn't give a flying shit about Guns n' Roses, money money money, he should have played in ABBA), but against Axl. He is not Guns n' Roses. Not alone. Guns n' Roses is a band. Not an individual runaway ego.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 05:25:04 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2004, 05:27:21 PM »

the fact is that it will never be a Guns n' Roses record. Never ever.

yes, for you, and it will be a gunsnroses record for millions other yes

whats right for you ain't right for everyone peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: