Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?  (Read 5120 times)
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 04:56:54 PM »

No offense, they don't seem to me to be a tight knit group, i think they'ed go in only when they would have to and would find other things in their spare time to occupy themselves. Solo projects etc etc.

I completely agree with you there. This band time and time again really seem like a hired back up band for Axl no matter how much chemistry and energy they feed off eachother in the shows we've seen thus far. Axl time and time again seems like he is heavily into his independance and privacy and I doubt very much there is alot of jamming for the hell of it between the recording process. If this band was a tight unity solo projects I dont believe would even be existing. Tommy said several times every once and a while he goes in and throws his two cents in and leaves again. If I were heart and soul into my band I would want to be there every step of the way, but in reality Axl seems to like mastering his album in solitude and when his "bandmembers" are needed they will hopefully be along his side.

Kinda like a king drawing up plans for battle with his troops on standby hihi

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

No offense, they don't seem to me to be a tight knit group, i think they'ed go in only when they would have to and would find other things in their spare time to occupy themselves. Solo projects etc etc.

I completely agree with you there. This band time and time again really seem like a hired back up band for Axl no matter how much chemistry and energy they feed off eachother in the shows we've seen thus far. Axl time and time again seems like he is heavily into his independance and privacy and I doubt very much there is alot of jamming for the hell of it between the recording process. If this band was a tight unity solo projects I dont believe would even be existing. Tommy said several times every once and a while he goes in and throws his two cents in and leaves again. If I were heart and soul into my band I would want to be there every step of the way, but in reality Axl seems to like mastering his album in solitude and when his "bandmembers" are needed they will hopefully be along his side.

Kinda like a king drawing up plans for battle with his troops on standby hihi

Exactly right. The only thing I wonder though is deep down, If the new bandmembers are more respected and opinionated then the old band or if it down right is Axl's way or the highway.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »

Definately axl's way or the highway. The man is a controll freak. But i do think he is abit more togethor and less angry, maybe he does allow opinions to be passed round when they all actually are togethor.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 05:23:41 PM »

he's a musician, that's a profesion\occupation

Guess many of you have worked in different groups and gotten differen togetherness
-and still can work well with new groups\people as axl

But axl even got the oppirtunity to select his co-workers himself

you are not workin wth your teenage gang anymore maybe, neither is axl

it's a name that has lots of association and a place in people's heart,
 and i guess it would be best for the purists if they died or broke up(takin the name with them) like axl put it

glad that didn't happen beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Cheesy Ok, Mike Let me answer your question.

Question:? Do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?

Answer :? Yes, I DO.

I THINK they possibly play together just for fun. Why not?

cool answer..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 06:30:39 PM »

Do you mean that 2 of them jam together sometimes or the whole band minus Axl? There are surely no band jams, only some bandmembers, who like each other together, play. But as GN'R they're doing nothing. I don't know if they even met in the studio.

You don't actually know anything.

Nobody knows anything about Nu-GN'R including the band 'members'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 09:01:51 PM »

If they do, certainly they don`t speak to the press about it. In reality, no one knows what`s going on exceptAxl and at times the band.

Maybe Axl is doing a lot himself getting the album completed post recording stage. It may be taking awhile since I don`t think he`s ever produced anything previously.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 12:08:37 AM »

i remember reading from a story somewhere on here that they jammed and played some AC/DC songs.

or maybe that was a dream  Huh
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 07:12:42 AM »

it has happened, though. Probably about 3 in the morning, Axl would have to be in a good mood, and all the stars aligned, and so on.

Oh god, that's funny rofl Maybe so hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 06:38:08 PM »

I think the probability is very low. How often are all these guys just sitting around in LA at the same time with nothing to do? At least one or two of them always seems to be on the road somewhere or immersed in a side or solo project.

I do think that when Axl ever does get close to putting CD out- these guys will all faithfully assemble in LA and put in a good few weeks of rehearsals like the professionals that they are. The chemistry doesn't seem great, but I think Axl, Dizzy and Tommy are all tight at least. The problem with rehearsals at the moment though is that I don't think anybody knows for sure what the final versions of the songs will be- so what do you rehearse? Do you rehearse The Blues version #11 or #29 or #37A?!? Tongue

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: