Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:29:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?  (Read 5129 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: December 15, 2004, 11:23:41 AM »

I had to ask this, even if new gnr isn't releasing anything or  about to say anything, do you think they ever all get in the studio or wherever they would play and just rock out some songs?

You can have all kinds of solo projects, lack of material to release, but a band that is together should jam every now n again just because tehy are friends and have stuff for the future..

I would find it weird to go over two years without one day of jamming together just for the hell of it, and I don't mean like in recording, I mean just the band playing some stuff every now n then..

Great things are sure to come in the near future (i hope) so you would think everyone is tired of being apart and would want to rock out a few times just to keep sharp and have a little fun.. If they can tour for no reason then why not perform together without an audience..?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 11:26:42 AM »

Question:  do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?

Answer:  no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 11:33:57 AM »

sadly the answer is almost definately no.

This is a musical grind rather than a natural flash of inspiration, fun and natural chemistry. None of them seem to talk or know shit.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 11:43:38 AM »

If Axl doesn't even do soundchecks, it's clear he doesn't jam with the rest of the band. When they have to start getting fit for a tour, they will and even Axl will be there rehearsing

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 12:13:30 PM »

I remember that Axl didn't even do that with the old GNR lineup.  In the behind the music they said that he did so much over the phone instead of in person.  He is such a independent person that he wants to do things on his time and only when he wants to.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 12:40:20 PM »

I remember that Axl didn't even do that with the old GNR lineup.? In the behind the music they said that he did so much over the phone instead of in person.? He is such a independent person that he wants to do things on his time and only when he wants to.

No reason they couldn't all jam over a conference phone!   hihi

I'm not sure they get together to jam as a band, but we know that elements of the band have jammed/played together...stinson and fortus, brain and buckethead (when he was in the band).

Here today...ready to rock
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 01:15:25 PM »

I agree, the love for playing live or just casually playing seems to have been lost in Axl
a long, long time ago. The soundchecks and rehearsal without Axl seem to validate that point.
It's pretty sad, actually.
A couple years ago, I was at a soundcheck for Aerosmith, and Steven Tyler came out, jammed with their techs who were tuning things up, playing drums, singing, just having a blast.
It's too bad that Axl doesn't have that genuine love for performing anymore, and he certainly isn't showing that he has any kind of brotherhood or kinship with other musicians.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 01:56:45 PM »

I seem to remember at Tacoma he was at soundcheck.. I remember the radio interview where he said 'Better get down to soundcheck before they cancel us' or something like that..
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 02:04:17 PM »

I seem to remember at Tacoma he was at soundcheck.. I remember the radio interview where he said 'Better get down to soundcheck before they cancel us' or something like that..
Yeah, I remember a quote like that in that interview too.

I also remember a VMA's 2002 Uncensored program on MTV showed Axl soundchecking with the band while wearing a maroon Washington Redskins jersey.

I'd be willing to bet with Axl's reportedly nocturnal nature, the band did a lot of rehearsing without him.  Isn't that why during RIRIII, Axl referred to Tommy as "General Tommy Stinson"?  Didn't Axl say that Tommy lead the band through the rehearsals for that show and the HOB show?

Ali
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 02:20:40 PM »

If Axl doesn't even do soundchecks, it's clear he doesn't jam with the rest of the band. When they have to start getting fit for a tour, they will and even Axl will be there rehearsing

Yes, he did do soundcheck for the VMA perfomance.... Not saying he does any other time but he has at least once recently.

But back on topic, fuck no they don't jam together. Of everything that could make a band fall apart or just plain suck ass, the new GNR pretty much has it covered. I'm sure it's not their fault... just the way you have to operate to co-exist with axl. I wonder why the album still isn't finished?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 02:22:34 PM »

the members jam with eachg other all the time...as for the band as a whole...who knows...im sur ethey have...u think they dont fool around in the studio? I would bet they do

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 02:48:12 PM »

the members jam with eachg other all the time...as for the band as a whole...who knows...im sur ethey have...u think they dont fool around in the studio? I would bet they do

Do you mean that 2 of them jam together sometimes or the whole band minus Axl? There are surely no band jams, only some bandmembers, who like each other together, play. But as GN'R they're doing nothing. I don't know if they even met in the studio.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
takeshi
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 02:54:24 PM »

What else is there for them to do when they're in the studio waiting for Axl to get there?  Give each other sensual massages?......ok....really bad mental image. confused
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 03:35:39 PM »

What else is there for them to do when they're in the studio waiting for Axl to get there?? Give each other sensual massages?......ok....really bad mental image. confused

Are you sure that they are in the same time in the same studio? I am not.  no

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 03:53:46 PM »

I think some people might be taken what I said wrong, I don't mean jamming during a studio session, I mean like sometime over the past two years during whatever period they weren't working on the album do you think they just called eachother up and said lets get together being it's been soi long and just have a rocking session?

Being they are a band and have plans for the future I would think they would like to play a few new tracks every now and then just to get a feel for the music live..I sure as hell know I would be so anxious to get going if I was in gnr, I would want to just get together with everyone every so often just to keep up visits and keep in touch adn just have a damn good time..

I saw someone mentioned phone in sessions from back in the day, that was during recording and creating from what it appeared on btm.., I'm talking about this group just jamming being they have nothing going on with new gnr..
estranged.1098
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 04:07:57 PM »

Do you mean that 2 of them jam together sometimes or the whole band minus Axl? There are surely no band jams, only some bandmembers, who like each other together, play. But as GN'R they're doing nothing. I don't know if they even met in the studio.

You don't actually know anything.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 04:23:14 PM »

No offense, they don't seem to me to be a tight knit group, i think they'ed go in only when they would have to and would find other things in their spare time to occupy themselves. Solo projects etc etc.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 04:26:58 PM »

Cheesy Ok, Mike Let me answer your question.

Question:  Do you think they ever just take a day out n play together?

Answer :  Yes, I DO.

I THINK they possibly play together just for fun. Why not?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 04:35:28 PM »

It's within the realm of possibility, but just barely. I suppose it has happened, though. Probably about 3 in the morning, Axl would have to be in a good mood, and all the stars aligned, and so on.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 04:37:36 PM »

No offense, they don't seem to me to be a tight knit group, i think they'ed go in only when they would have to and would find other things in their spare time to occupy themselves. Solo projects etc etc.

I completely agree with you there. This band time and time again really seem like a hired back up band for Axl no matter how much chemistry and energy they feed off eachother in the shows we've seen thus far. Axl time and time again seems like he is heavily into his independance and privacy and I doubt very much there is alot of jamming for the hell of it between the recording process. If this band was a tight unity solo projects I dont believe would even be existing. Tommy said several times every once and a while he goes in and throws his two cents in and leaves again. If I were heart and soul into my band I would want to be there every step of the way, but in reality Axl seems to like mastering his album in solitude and when his "bandmembers" are needed they will hopefully be along his side.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: