Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?  (Read 15554 times)
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2004, 04:30:33 PM »

I doubt there will be acoustic songs, but alot of ballads/slow songs will probably be there...

Do you guys think that the new songs that was played on the 2002-tour will be on the album??
I was sure until some weeks ago, when I read that there wouldn't be!
We'll just have to wait and c! Wink

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
muthastone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2004, 12:37:37 AM »

not acoustic songs in its entireity....(haha check sp.)

but  i can't very well see breakdowns in songs where an acoustic guitar can be heard.

Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2004, 01:30:32 PM »

I d-loaded a song by Megadeth, called "almost honest" from Mortal kombat 2 movie soundtrack. It sounded nice, a bit industrial, a bit rock, just as I think G&R might sound like on the album. Has anybody heard it? I know Megadeth recorded this song for their album but this version(from the soundtrack) is totally different from the album version. It sounds in part like Chinese Democracy. What do you think?

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2004, 02:03:50 PM »

Your guess is as good as anyone else's...sure why not? yes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2004, 03:30:59 PM »

Axl said back in 2001 that the album would not be industrial. He said the closest industrial thing recorded was OMG.

Gordi
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2004, 08:20:09 PM »

I think it'll be such a melting pot you know. Just of all different styles/ideas and very textured. I have done some (very basic) recording so I know that the longer you work on something the more layered and textured it gets. With the inclusion of different instruments etc. And all the players that have recorded on the album are all very good musicians in their own right. So...I guess that's my 2 cents.
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2004, 10:45:01 PM »

I know the song, and the remix that you're talking about - That, along with Oh My God, are the type of rock songs that I think Axl's been working on too. They're aggressive, very modern with their industrial flourishes, but they retain their rock edge.

Great tune though, I love the MK2 version of Almost Honest.  ok
AXL_ROSE_1287
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2004, 10:42:58 AM »

Firstly, i read the article about the 15 year old girls wearing the t shirts.. lol.. i agree if you dont know shit about the band dont wear it.. it just looks stupid when you wear it and you can only name sweet child o mine or november rain.. but yeah n e ways..

But n  e ways im into GNR just as much as any of you guys.. but i want to know.. do you think that this new CD will be anything like the old one? like.. you look at appetite compared to the UYI 1 and 2.. there was a big difference in the sound of the music, some songs were of the same genre but alot used different types and styles of music. I just dont know what this album.. 10 years later has to offer.. ive heard some of the new songs.. they sound good.. madagascar sounds pretty cool but i just want to hear the real version in the studio, because if the live one is that good, imagine what the recorded editted version sounds like.. I hope this CD's a hit.. and AXL uses that voice that made me a fan .. the only thing i wont like about the band is the fact that Slash, Duff and MAtt arent there.. and id still wish Izzy was there.. he was awesome.. but yeah.. i donno im expecting alot.. please AXL deliver this shit to us!!!!...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2004, 10:47:10 AM »

Axl has described the new CD as a "melting pot" of different sounds, and I have heard a lot of comparisons to Pink Floyd and Led Zep.  So, no I don't think it's going to be just like UYI or Appetite.  I think it's going to be like Chinese Democracy.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2004, 10:57:15 AM »

But n? e ways im into GNR just as much as any of you guys.. but i want to know.. do you think that this new CD will be anything like the old one?

No
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2004, 11:31:07 AM »

Firstly, i read the article about the 15 year old girls wearing the t shirts.. lol.. i agree if you dont know shit about the band dont wear it.. it just looks stupid when you wear it and you can only name sweet child o mine or november rain.. but yeah n e ways..

Everyone is a newbie at first. Welcome to the hell. ok
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 01:27:46 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2004, 12:50:06 PM »

I listened to OMG about 5 times in a row the other night, I can honestly say its one of my favorite GNR songs...I only think the production could have been a little better. I wouldn't mind if the song was an album and if the album consisted of other songs like this!

Here today...ready to rock
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2004, 04:18:32 PM »

Re: What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?

"Different".  I hope it drives every single person with any kind of a stereotype of what it "should" sound like into a putrid hatred for the band.  This band is NEW.  This band is DIFFERENT.  This band is going to BLAZE NEW TRAILS, not follow old ones.  I hope its so fuckin far ahead of its time that people literally vomit all over their ideologues, causing them to stutter when they seek words to describe it or a genre in which to classify it.  Music is art, their are no rules, so quit expecting this band to paint on the canvas of past generations, or as we all can pretty much surmise you will be sorely disappointed in Chinese Democracy.

~M
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2004, 05:14:05 PM »

I listened to OMG about 5 times in a row the other night, I can honestly say its one of my favorite GNR songs...

Hey,  i like that song too, some of that amongst other diretcions beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2004, 05:22:37 PM »

"Different".  I hope it drives every single person with any kind of a stereotype of what it "should" sound like into a putrid hatred for the band.  This band is NEW.  This band is DIFFERENT.  This band is going to BLAZE NEW TRAILS, not follow old ones.  I hope its so fuckin far ahead of its time that people literally vomit all over their ideologues, causing them to stutter when they seek words to describe it or a genre in which to classify it.  Music is art, their are no rules, so quit expecting this band to paint on the canvas of past generations, or as we all can pretty much surmise you will be sorely disappointed in Chinese Democracy.

Sounds nice to me especially the vomit bit?I wanna hear you vomit?!! puke

That's What I'm longing for.  From whatever band it may drool
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 05:24:27 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Dust N Rose
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2004, 05:49:15 PM »

Dammit, I can't find the single of "end of days", I guess I'll rent the DVD. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: