Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:29:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?  (Read 15599 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2004, 04:45:43 PM »

I want epic songs and rockers, too, but I don't want some antimusic like Silkworms and considering that the new rockers (OMG, CD and Riyadh) are mediocre songs (max), and the epics/ballads (Madagascar, Blues) are much better, I'd rather hear epics on CD.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2004, 04:51:08 PM »

It will have a nice balance of both I am sure.

WE should expect something nothing short of phenomenal...or a big letdown. Don`t think the latter will be the case.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2004, 05:04:46 PM »

I think a fair mix of both types would be great for the album.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2004, 05:08:53 PM »

I'd prefer just a mixture I speak for everyone just give us the fucking album

EEEERRRR Little boy
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2004, 05:14:08 PM »

I want....epic rockers?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »

Variety . . Sweet/Sour . . . . Guns/Roses

Ritz Reeves III
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2004, 05:55:20 PM »

lots of rock... not too too many ballads - 3 would be good

It's evolution, baby!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2004, 06:02:16 PM »

Like Dont Try Me,
I don?t think they congeal GNR to AFD and UYI, which could have been 10yrs easy.
No doubt, GNR isn't "velvet" revolving around the past but is evolving if not mutating the music.

I don?t know WTF industrial sounding people mean, but I much prefer OMG, CD and Riyadh to Blues.
If I could have my druthers, I 'd make them longer.

Zowie, Shannon! headbanger
How about envisaging some herd rocking epics?

Now, I want to hear rich music full of body.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2004, 07:02:34 PM »

I want another tour.......

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2004, 07:07:22 PM »

I guess it has to have variety...I must say I didn't like the new songs much.. Omg, rhiad, and silkworms to me is not what I expected, i hate synths, industrial, sound effects etc..

Bucket did some great stuff of electric tears, he definetly has the classic rock sound... Hope he wasn't used for his sound effect alien type sound..

I like maddy, even thoug it sounded like an organ with they keyboards.. It sounded perfect for his vocals..

One thing that worries me from an older dizzy interview was when he said that axl has tinkered with the same songs over n over...I hope when I listen to the album it's not very studio sounding, like effects added..

It's almost impossible for me to understand what's going on, they had 70 songs in 99, two albums worth of solid material.. I can't imagine what went on for all these years with the final album.. I still wonder what axl meant by the music/sound he had which was advanced for us with the computer rock..

I wonder if there will be some song with like a 20 piece band with axl doing almost classical music?? I love seeing groups advance, and experiment, just don't want the people doing it to lose focus and what made the band so great..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2004, 07:08:51 PM »

I want another tour.......

So do I, I loved msg, show was electric..I just want an album first..I felt weird seeing a tour buying stuff and getting nothing new to hear..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2004, 07:15:08 PM »

It's almost impossible for me to understand what's going on
SO then dont speculate, instead sit back and relax

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2004, 07:27:11 PM »

It's almost impossible for me to understand what's going on
SO then dont speculate, instead sit back and relax

I meant more about why everything is taking so long..  They blasted out two albums worth of material by 99, but have been taking 4-5 yrs with the last album which is going to be released first..

Speculation has been going on since anyone heard about cd.. It's human nature.. WHen I watched rio 3 in 2001 I was awaiting the new songs for next summer by axl..I just wonder what happened, everything seemed to be moving along rapidly, then it just stopped..
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2004, 09:13:16 PM »

That's what I always loved about GNR, was the huge assortment of styles. You can listen to something like "Coma", hard as hell, then listen to "November Rain", which is mellow and heart-felt. I want a mix.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2004, 09:23:26 PM »

Tommy said last year the album will have some rockers, some pop songs, some ballads and some other stuff.
 CD is going to be a special album IMO, like ive said before, if the blues, maddy and cd are the fillers, then this album is going to be amazing.  I really want to hear TWAT and this i love.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2004, 09:38:23 PM »

filler is probably the wrong word; he said they weren't singles.

I do agree this has to be a special album considering the wait.

What are the chances the house of blues DVD is added as a second disk?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2004, 09:49:36 PM »

Like Dont Try Me,
I don?t know WTF industrial sounding people mean, but I much prefer OMG, CD and Riyadh to Blues.

And I much prefer OMG, CD, and The Blues to Madagascar Undecided

What I hope does not happen is Axl filling this album with tons of needless and off the wall experimental stuff in order to justify how long it's taken for him to get it out there.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2004, 10:09:54 PM »

You know, whenever people talk about Chinese Democracy (the album), they always end up dividing potential tracks into two categories: rockers and epic ballads.  Axl has already done those two kinds of things already, even if he's going to be polishing them on this record with industrial finish.  Personally, in addition to all those great rockers and epics that we love GN'R for, I'd love to see Axl do something COMPLETELY different, like maybe try and write a simple little pop song, like The Cure or somebody.  Or maybe a more stripped-down ballad, performed solo with simple instruments, not unlike Patience (maybe with just piano this time, sort of a Neil Young After The Gold Rush type feel).  A progressive suite, Beach Boys-influenced harmonies, whatever!   Basically, something completely off the wall.  Right now, we have SOME kind of an idea how the album will basically sound - industrial-based rockers and epic balladry.  I'd love Axl to just have fun and throw us a curve ball.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2004, 10:10:35 PM »

I meant more about why everything is taking so long..  They blasted out two albums worth of material by 99, but have been taking 4-5 yrs with the last album which is going to be released first..
Ill take a stab at it.

From 1999 Axl and the early begginings of New Gnr began to work on new material.
IMO, GNR, as it was from '99-2000 probably could have released an album. Then as the band began to evolve and actually take shape into its own, legit band, they held back the material and began making a shitload of new material.

Axl said after the VMAS that they werent even done with the album. SO they had no plans to release it until at the earliest in 2003.

My main point is that over time the band evolved and made even more material. Then they probably went back and re did some of the older material that was in the vault. Its also known that Axl really didnt start putting down volcals maybe even "official" lyrics until 2000/01. Along with that and the lawsuits, gnr/management stuff, and perfefectionism have all contributed to the delays.

The good thing is that there is a shitload of material that we will be hearing in the next few years. Not just any material though. Very, Very special material.....hgold on jus a lil longer and its gonna be all good...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2004, 11:19:01 PM »

JUST WANT AXL TO FUCKING PUT THE FUCKING ALBUM OUT!!!!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: