Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?  (Read 15609 times)
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: October 04, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »

ive been thinkin about the new cd and then i realized that it is possible for this album to be loaded with crap like "silk worms" and "my world" also with november rain-esque shit and also wannabe NIN stuff. anyway if it is like this ill be pissed that i waited this long for a friggin NIN tribute cd.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 10:30:19 PM »

If it is just that one part from "pretty tied up"  repeated all the time, I'll consider it an awesome record. You know where it goes:

Friay ni-ight is going...

or the

We just needed more and more fulfilling..

I swear that has to be 2 of the greatest sounding verses in the history of rock.
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 10:57:53 PM »

peace...freedom...democracy!  Did you listen to it? Just go to the House of Blues, and you can listen to it on audio, its awesome. God- I love this guy!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 01:20:44 AM »

It'll be great! I mean anything that's taken 6 years to make has to be, Right? nervous

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 01:55:50 AM »

Apparently it's supposed to sound like Appetite For Destruction... This side of the CD must still be hidden.

Anyways, if we get a CD like what you mentioned, I think I will stop listening to music altogether.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 02:24:26 AM »

My hope is that Axl will remain true to rock n' roll and it will be like AFD; my fear is that he will cater to contemporary trends and it will be shit, like Silkworms and Rhiad. In that case, I am packing it in and swearing off GNR. Forever.
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2003, 02:32:34 AM »

"album to be loaded with crap like "silk worms" and "my world" also with november rain-esque shit" wow, you don't like guns n roses.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2003, 04:38:11 AM »

My hope is that Axl will remain true to rock n' roll and it will be like AFD; my fear is that he will cater to contemporary trends and it will be shit, like Silkworms and Rhiad. In that case, I am packing it in and swearing off GNR. Forever.

I remember Axl saying that CD is going to be more Appetite style of album...but what that really means, considering all new songs that we've heard. If you want true rock Appetite style music, you should maybe wait also Velvet Revolver, I think it's going to be more rock and roll than Axl's new album..but who knows, again I may be truly wrong about this.
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2003, 10:01:58 AM »

"album to be loaded with crap like "silk worms" and "my world" also with november rain-esque shit" wow, you don't like guns n roses.

Hey man i love gnr i just hate that one song november rain cuz it slows down a concert and it kinda marks the point that gnr stopped makin real rock n roll.
and lets be honest did anyone like "silk worms" and "my world"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2003, 10:32:52 AM »

Hey man i love gnr i just hate that one song november rain cuz it slows down a concert and it kinda marks the point that gnr stopped makin real rock n roll.

When was it that Axl made November Rain? If I remember correctly, he did have a raw version of it for quite some time.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2003, 12:22:18 PM »

and lets be honest did anyone like "silk worms" and "my world"

actually I think My World is great song.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2003, 01:01:21 PM »

He may still be a huge fan and just not want to be dissappointed.  I mean he did mention 3 of the worst all time GNR songs.  If CD is full of that shit, then I won't even bother to buy it.  I'll just download and listen to it once for the novelty of it.

/Tulip
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2003, 02:42:33 PM »

"When was it that Axl made November Rain? If I remember correctly, he did have a raw version of it for quite some time."

my point is gnr never recorded it till the uyi albums which was the first time gnr didnt play all rockers all the time (except "patience") and whether or not axl wrote that song a while ago it wasn't ever part of gnr's history till uyi
guitarpatch
Headliner

"Holding back the Big Guns!"

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2003, 02:49:32 PM »

"When was it that Axl made November Rain? If I remember correctly, he did have a raw version of it for quite some time."

my point is gnr never recorded it till the uyi albums which was the first time gnr didnt play all rockers all the time (except "patience") and whether or not axl wrote that song a while ago it wasn't ever part of gnr's history till uyi

What about SCOM and Think About You, those songs were on Appetite, and aren't truely "rockers"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 02:50:40 PM by guitarpatch » Logged

Aerosmith, DreamTheater, Jeff Beck, Andres Segovia, Leo Brouwer, Guns, and Bach. Oh yeah, Bach, what else to you need in Life?
bill213
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2003, 03:16:14 PM »

A little bit country....a little bit rock n roll
jd#7w
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2003, 03:28:46 PM »

"What about SCOM and Think About You, those songs were on Appetite, and aren't truely "rockers"

look man my point is november rain was the first song that wasn't baisically drum, bass, guitar, and singer "think about you" rocks and scom is a classic rock power ballad. nvember rain is loaded elctro orchestra and wierd keyboards. but look people ididnt start this thread to argue about november rain i started it to talk about what chinese democracy will be like
MCT
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2003, 03:32:40 PM »

About the "raw version" of November Rain........I'm not sure when the song was actually conceived......but I do know that I have a bootleg of November Rain that's all piano.....and extremely long........

It sounds like it's a demo or something........
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 03:45:09 PM »

Good ... I hope.

A wide range of songs would be cool.

Epics, rockers and experimental stuff.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2003, 04:21:51 PM »

I remember Axl saying that CD is going to be more Appetite style of album...but what that really means, considering all new songs that we've heard. If you want true rock Appetite style music, you should maybe wait also Velvet Revolver, I think it's going to be more rock and roll than Axl's new album..but who knows, again I may be truly wrong about this.

I don't think it'll be like Appetite at all, actually.  After all, one of the main reasons why the original band broke up was because Axl wanted to introduce industrial and electronic influences into the GN'R sound, while the rest of the band wanted a return to basic hard rock.  None of the new songs sound anything like Appetite.  "Madagascar" and "The Blues" are epic ballads in the truest sense of Use Your Illusion, while the rockers have more of an industrial influence in them (Spin magazine described "Chinese Democracy" as being akin to "quasi-political Rob Zombie", which I think is an apt description.  Kick-ass song).  Besides, I don't think at this point, Axl would be capable of writing an album like Appetite.  The new members have none of the influences of the old band - Aerosmith-style hard rock, 70s glam and punk.  And Axl himself is no longer a young street hood living in L.A.  He's a jaded, reclusive millionaire.  I can't see him writing an angry song about city life like "Welcome To The Jungle", and I also can't see him writing a simple, idealistic love song like "Sweet Child O' Mine" - Axl hasn't had a relationship with a woman in a long time.  Don't forget, "The Blues" and "Madagascar", for all their balladry, seem to be more about personal trials and struggles.

Maybe I'll give M?tley Cr?e's Generation Swine a listen.  Like GN'R, they're an 80s metal band that tried to bring industrial elements into their sound.  It might give a clue to the direction Axl's music will follow on CD, although there will be some consolation in the fact that it can never be as good as Axl's effort, since Axl has been working on his album for 10 years, and the Cr?e, while a great band, never had anywhere near the talent or ambitiousness of Guns N' Roses.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2003, 08:37:46 PM »

About the "raw version" of November Rain........I'm not sure when the song was actually conceived......but I do know that I have a bootleg of November Rain that's all piano.....and extremely long........

It sounds like it's a demo or something........

I would call it an unplugged demo, and it's not longer than the version on the album.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: